Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c72pj2e5yylo

Former England striker Jamie Vardy has started talks about remaining with Leicester City on their top-flight return.

The 37-year-old, who has scored 190 goals in his 12 years with the Foxes, could be the last remaining member of Leicester's Premier League-winning side after this summer as Marc Albrighton's time at the club appears to be over.

Vardy's 18 league goals, including a double in Monday's Championship title-clinching win at Preston, have been crucial in returning the Foxes to the Premier League.

"Jamie is already discussing his new contract with the club so hopefully we can have a solution," head coach Enzo Maresca told BBC Radio Leicester.

A new contract, however, will be complicated by the transfer embargo that Leicester are under.

The English Football League sanction runs until 6 June and the Premier League would not confirm if they would adopt the embargo after that.

Vardy's existing contract is due to run out on 30 June.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

So is all this "Vardy to Wrexham" stuff on Twitter just made-up hossmanure, then?

If he doesn't continue with us I can't see him dropping to League 1 in any circumstances. You'd have thought Sheffield Wednesday would be a natural move for him.

20 goals in the championship isn't to be sniffed at.

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

Something tells me Rudders is a goner, not sure Vards would say something like that otherwise, seems like the players will back Enzo and that makes it a fairly straight forward decision for Top. Enough is enough it would seem. 

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Thank fook the players are well aware of how the fans feel about Rudkin! 

Pretty obvious of course, but the fact the main man himself is poking fun at the hate towards Rudkin, is surely a good sign that Top may have to act! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Something tells me Rudders is a goner, not sure Vards would say something like that otherwise, seems like the players will back Enzo and that makes it a fairly straight forward decision for Top. Enough is enough it would seem. 

I don´t think Vardy gives a flying f... about what he says and how its perceived. Thank god for that

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Thank fook the players are well aware of how the fans feel about Rudkin! 

Pretty obvious of course, but the fact the main man himself is poking fun at the hate towards Rudkin, is surely a good sign that Top may have to act! 

Yeah I thought it was quite surprising vardy calling him out, but then the players will know how much shite we have signed on crazy money (daka, sourmare, Ward etc)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Not sure top would get the hint lol