Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pete from the USA

Forgotten man Riyad Mahrez threatens to quit Man City

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Has he actually "threatened to quit" or is this just Daily Mail shit stirring?

The latter of course. He’s just obviously wants more pitch time and his considering his options - just the Daily Mail doing click bait and throwing mud at an easy target so people can all say that he has down tools again and he’s sulky blah blah bollocks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Has he actually "threatened to quit" or is this just Daily Mail shit stirring?

Does "openly whining" sound less scandalous?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8917774/riyad-mahrez-whining-training-pep-guardiola-man-city/

Btw, I do acknowledge that the yellow press are vile.

Needs a new agent, this sort of stuff is not going to make him look good. Yes it is frustrating, but he's at a top club with top players, I think he's actually played a fair bit considering and hasn't had much impact in those appearances. 

I'd take him back definitely. 

his dream move has turned sour, the grass isn't always greener! he should have known he was never going to be a regular starter for Man City unless he was playing unbelievably!. he clearly thought he was going to get more game time than he is.

Goes to show the grass isn't always greener! I for one was gutted when he left us, irregardless of the circumstances, he was the best player I had ever seen at the club. 

Personally I still wish him well - it's always good to see one of our exports doing well somewhere else and goes to show the talent that we can churn out of this club! 

Astonishing though that a club can invest so much in one player when they know he'd probably not make the first team all that often. Even Barca or Madrid wouldn't do this (although admittedly because they'd hope for marketing revenue and so try and play the star buy). Was it just to stop a Liverpool or a Man U signing him?

13 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Astonishing though that a club can invest so much in one player when they know he'd probably not make the first team all that often. Even Barca or Madrid wouldn't do this (although admittedly because they'd hope for marketing revenue and so try and play the star buy). Was it just to stop a Liverpool or a Man U signing him?

I think they signed him with intention of playing him more than this. He's just not performed.

His problem is he is ordinary for large periods. He did it here and he's doing it there. The difference is instead of persevering with him and waiting for him to hit a purple patch like we did Pep's just going to role out Leroy Sane instead, and if his opportunities are restricted he's going to find it harder to find some form.  

I do feel for fans of Manchester City having to put up with the blinkered Algerian contingent though, some of them are beyond annoying.

It's mad that he's actually played 42 times for Man City this season and that's not enough. He played 41 times for us last season! 

(I know a lot of his appearances were from the bench but it's not like he's been frozen out)