Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox766

Harry to Man City!!!

While I never advocate selling our best players. For that price and the fact we're well covered at cb.

The money could allow us to sign the top quality players we need to continue our progress.My

I'd also take Mahez back as part of the deal. He'd add  10 to 15 Goals a season and sort out our right side.

Slaven Bilic made a really good point last week about the fact that a host of the giant clubs in Europe all seem to be vying for players in the same position this window as part of their rebuild, with similar preferences to the player´s style and ability. A ball-playing centre back who can chip in with a few goals is certainly on the agenda, therefore driving Maguire´s value up this window. Given our training ground plans, I think cashing in on someone like Maguire might be necessary in terms of our financial sanctity and given that we have Benkovic/Soyuncu, alongside the funds to strengthen our overall squad, I´d say it would be wise should a huge offer come in. 

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

All those you mentioned have to deliver or keep up & go up another notch....

Evans is a great professional but  has we know has inconsistencies in him...

the othert wo are unknown quantities rescources....So Harry is potentionaly our best proven  and he  can still  deliver that higher "potential"

We should not be underrating our Harry taking us further..you don't dump that type of player at ANY price!!!I

If you set your dreams higher...

Evans,if we were just chasing top 7... He is your man!!  ,but can he take us further...is the question..??

if Benko & Soyu are our future..we still need Harry so they have a target to compete against...

Many posters are forgetting the obvious consequences..!

Thou I believe B.Rodgers..more than some unambiguous backward thinking fans on this forum...Will get it right..!!!

My point is that is easier to sign a top class centre back than a right back, left back or 10. I like Harry and think hes a top player but if we get a bid of £60m plus then we absolutely must sell him. If we can keep all of our players and they want to be here and are happy and we can still give Brendan a good transfer budget to strengthen the squad then that's great. But unfortunately i doubt that is the reality and we ultimately will need to sell someone to strengthen the squad. £40m for Tielemans if we can get him would probably be our full budget if we don't sell someone. So if you're happy keeping Harry and only signing Tielemans then fine. I personally would sell Harry and use the money to get another cb and a winger. Ideally we need another striker to support JV if we cant get anything out of Nacho. But hopefully we can get some money from selling some of the deadwood in the squad. 

What's Mahrez worth now?   Man city might say they paid 60 million for him, but that was well over the odds and the fact he's turned into a bench warmer goes to prove that. 20-25 million tops. I'd be tempted if they offered us 50million and Mahrez for Maguire.

• Haha 1

I don't think anyone's going anywhere for at least another year. We have our mojo back and the players know it. I'd imagine Brendan would have said to the players that, everyone has put the title  down to a fluke, and nobody gives you a chance of getting near it again.With a couple more players of real quality, we can challenge.

Youri looks like he is loving it here... Chilly still has time to play another season and get a big move if that's what he wants? and Maddy is king, so why do a Drinkwater? 

The way we played yesterday was top-draw, we would of given anyone a game. We were so comfortable on the ball that it was a joy to watch from a leicester side.

Brendan has lifted this club 10 fold compared with Puel...with respect, but the buzz is back in our team and the belief. If it ain't broke don't fix it!! Are you listening Harry and Chilly?

the problem with the new England squad 'love in' where the players become best mates is the likes of maguire, chillwell, Madison, barnes and gray interacting with players who are earning much more than them whilst playing less often for their clubs. i just hope southgate reminds them that unless they are playing regularly , they wont get in the England squads …. that might help a bit but turning down huge money isn't easy for anyone.

Thats the one position where can probably sell someone and have an immediate replacement already in place.

I would sell maguire for 50+ million if it meant we used it to get Tielemans over the line.

But no one else as we have good team harmony.

On 28/04/2019 at 06:45, sylofox said:

Hoping in a way this has some truth. With only man c in for Mahrez we had little to bargain with. Man u and man c in for mags means we get a higher fee. 

Rather two teams chasing him than one. 

Congrats, for finally posting a sensible post!

There, it wasn’t too difficult was it?

:D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bridport007 said:

I'd imagine Brendan would have said to the players that, everyone has put the title  down to a fluke

You would be a wonderful motivator and general friend maker.

Edited by Simoken