Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, lestajigs said:

Man city are a cut above everyone else, how the hell are they 20pts behind liverpool 

probably because   it was "their turn"and so Mane just has to fall over repeatedly for them to be given pens etc

That Son offside annoys me. He was standing still so what advantage did he really gain? If he'd have been moving fair enough. I hate the forensic nature of it now with zero interpretation, completely against the spirit of the rule. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Man city are a cut above everyone else, how the hell are they 20pts behind liverpool 

The fact Laporte has been out all year and they moved Fernandinho to compensate for that really stopped their flow.  Similar to Fabinho playing CB instead of Van Dijk. 

25 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Embarrassment of riches going forward, but lose a centre back and they are sticking Fernandinho in there. Rest a full back and its Cancelo or Angelino. Tbf Liverpools back up in a few positions isn't great, but they've had very few injuries.

Is the most common pieces of commentary in English football a commentator screaming Kane's name followed by him explaining how he completely missed the target?

Edited by Facecloth

Re: Leicester - I don't think it's time for you lot to panic yet as you still have a 9 point cushion to 5th, and woukd take a ridiculous collapse to lose that in 7 games. Plus it could just be a sluggish restart for you. 

2 wins from the last 10 has to be a bit of a concern though, and those were against West Ham and Villa. In fact the only teams you've beaten since Dec 1st have been Watford, Newcastle and West Ham/Villa twice. Not that that's a bad thing as you should be putting those teams away, but the performances against the top teams have been fairly conservative IIRC. Pereira is a big miss for you at the minute. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

WHU going down at this rate. which is the only good thing to say about this. Puts our performances into perspective. Aside from Man City every game so far has been pretty dire.

Even Man City started a bit slowly and came into the game. 

Brighton v Arsenal was a really good game though. Had pretty much everything. Plenty of chances, some needle because of an injury, a late winner, and salty comments from both sides. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Re: Leicester - I don't think it's time for you lot to panic yet as you still have a 9 point cushion to 5th, and woukd take a ridiculous collapse to lose that in 7 games. Plus it could just be a sluggish restart for you. 

2 wins from the last 10 has to be a bit of a concern though, and those were against West Ham and Villa. In fact the only teams you've beaten since Dec 1st have been Watford, Newcastle and West Ham/Villa twice. Not that that's a bad thing as you should be putting those teams away, but the performances against the top teams have been fairly conservative IIRC. Pereira is a big miss for you at the minute. 

The thing for me is we don't have that player with a little bit of X Factor to make something happen when things are tight at the moment. Take your game at West Ham for example, it was a relatively even game and could have gone either way. Nuno brings on Traore - who to be fair is a pretty unique player - and within 20mins the game is taken away from West Ham. I want the likes of Maddison, Tielemans and Barnes to be those players behind Vardy for us but it's not quite happening at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, The Bear said:

2 wins from the last 10 has to be a bit of a concern though, and those were against West Ham and Villa. In fact the only teams you've beaten since Dec 1st have been Watford, Newcastle and West Ham/Villa twice. Not that that's a bad thing as you should be putting those teams away, but the performances against the top teams have been fairly conservative IIRC. Pereira is a big miss for you at the minute

Thanks for reminding us.

Seriously though you are right. we were unstoppable early doors but we seem to have gotten a bit of a nosebleed and have stuttered to find any sort of consistency since xmas. When we won the league everyone thought we would bottle it but we had a lot of older heads then and it seemed to spur us on to prove everyone wrong but this is a young side and i am starting to wonder if they have the nerve to hold on.

• Like 1