Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

It’s a myth Burnley “are hard to beat” they conceded 68 goals last season (2 less than Bournemouth and everybody says they’re toss at the back) and they’ve conceded 50 this season. There’s a perception that if a team defends deep, they’re good at defending and that’s just not true.

Burnley are staying up comfortably, Newcastle are staying up comfortably and Palace are staying up comfortably. Considering everybody gets circa £100m in tv money the quality even in mid table is really lacking in the PL

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, kingfox said:

And some were classing him as overrated before the lockdown.

He is better than Maddison, Grealish and Mount.

Agreed, think we'll see the best of him next season with Silva out of the picture. Shame for Maddison really, 4 years ago he'd walk the England shirt but now there's too much competition. 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

Reckon that was the idea with playing Schlupp and Mahrez on the wings. Confuse the opposition with how the two of them could be on the same team 😂

Seriously, I always enjoyed Jeff - I thought at the end of the Great Escape he was fantastic. I'm not sure he was well managed (or perhaps he wasn't very easy to manage).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Liverpool have been the 'best' team over the season but I still think Man City are the better side overal

Absolutely, when they are on it they are comfortably the best footballing side in this country. 

13 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

For anybody that couldn't watch... Fair play to the lad. 

Right up there with the Taarabt challenge. Good man.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

For anybody that couldn't watch... Fair play to the lad. 

Just seen some Leicester fan agreeing with the banner with the whole “all lives matter” bs. Makes me sick how stupid these racists are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Just seen some Leicester fan agreeing with the banner with the whole “all lives matter” bs. Makes me sick how stupid these racists are.

I don't think anyone who agrees that all lives matter should be automatically labelled a racist.

Sadly all this over the past few weeks seems to have set us back many years regarding racial tensions.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah seen a few of "our own" online asking if they would have had the same problem had the plane been flying with a black lives matter banner.

I mean talk about missing the point completely, some faces I've followed for years really starting to let the mask slip in the last couple of months.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Yeah seen a few of "our own" online asking if they would have had the same problem had the plane been flying with a black lives matter banner.

I mean talk about missing the point completely, some faces I've followed for years really starting to let the mask slip in the last couple of months.

Yeah usually I try and detract myself from these kind of debates, but the way some people are spectacularly missing the whole point is triggering me beyond belief.

• Like 3

Absolutely the same, I try to avoid it all and I know this isn't really the thread for it but I've been called everything from being part of the Loony Left on one debate to then 10 minutes later being part of the Racist Right on another.

Its hard to explain with this, but its almost like the way a lot of these people are unashamedly racist honestly doesn't affect my mood greatly, but the way they are genuinely so ridiculously stupid and thick to a point that they don't understand what it all stands for is staggering and like you really gets under my skin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Seriously, I always enjoyed Jeff - I thought at the end of the Great Escape he was fantastic. I'm not sure he was well managed (or perhaps he wasn't very easy to manage).

Always gave 100% without doubt, but he was just so clumsy. The first game back in the Premier league and he was put through clean vs Everton and he blasted over with the ball nearly going out the stadium. That sums him up for me.

19 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Absolutely the same, I try to avoid it all and I know this isn't really the thread for it but I've been called everything from being part of the Loony Left on one debate to then 10 minutes later being part of the Racist Right on another.

Its hard to explain with this, but its almost like the way a lot of these people are unashamedly racist honestly doesn't affect my mood greatly, but the way they are genuinely so ridiculously stupid and thick to a point that they don't understand what it all stands for is staggering and like you really gets under my skin

Bizarre world we are living in. Tried to explain to someone on Twitter why the banner is offensive and was called a Marxist lol 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, shailen said:

Always gave 100% without doubt, but he was just so clumsy. The first game back in the Premier league and he was put through clean vs Everton and he blasted over with the ball nearly going out the stadium. That sums him up for me.

I’ll always love Schlupp, really enjoyed having him here. We need another pace merchant with no end product. We had Dyer, Schlupp, could do with another. They’re brilliant.