Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Government expected to announce that as from July 4th West Ham players will be permitted to visit other teams penalty areas for short periods providing they pose no threat to the opposition.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Re: Leicester - I don't think it's time for you lot to panic yet as you still have a 9 point cushion to 5th, and woukd take a ridiculous collapse to lose that in 7 games. Plus it could just be a sluggish restart for you. 

2 wins from the last 10 has to be a bit of a concern though, and those were against West Ham and Villa. In fact the only teams you've beaten since Dec 1st have been Watford, Newcastle and West Ham/Villa twice. Not that that's a bad thing as you should be putting those teams away, but the performances against the top teams have been fairly conservative IIRC. Pereira is a big miss for you at the minute. 

The second paragraph of your post is the exact reason I’m panicking, personally. 7 points is nothing when you’re dishing up the absolute shite we are at the minute, I think even Bournemouth will take points off us personally.

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Absolutely. More so in the west coast of scotland were I'm from, if you don't wear a poppy you are saw as unpatriotic or even in some extremes, a supporter of organisations such as the IRA.

Then that is wrong as well.

12 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Have people been called names for not wearing a poppy?

12 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Absolutely. More so in the west coast of scotland were I'm from, if you don't wear a poppy you are saw as unpatriotic or even in some extremes, a supporter of organisations such as the IRA.

The wearing of a poppy or not causes serious consternation where I live, and not without consequences if you ventured in the wrong area I should imagine. 

• Like 1

David Luiz signs a new one-year deal with Arsenal.

If I were a Gunners supporters, I wouldn't be happy with this; he's been a bombscare player for quite a while, and also it's not as if he's very young and has time on his side to try and improve on his overall game.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If I were a Gunners supporters, I wouldn't be happy with this; he's been a bombscare player for quite a while, and also it's not as if he's very young and has time on his side to try and improve on his overall game.

Arsenals recent way of operating is quite strange, they seem almost cash stricken.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

On top of that; Cedric and Mari are both set to be offered 4 year deals (allegedly anyhow), at an average club wage would see £40million spent for 2 players with a combined 204 minutes of action for Arsenal. Now their wages are likely to be below the average, but these examples just highlight how poorly the club is run. They're throwing contracts at players like Cedric, yet letting Saka a promising young player run into his final year.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The only normal stance to BLM is to support it wholly tbqh. The only people that aren't are either 100% racist or, admittedly, uninformed and likely mislead by far right influencers on social media. 

The people who are verbally, actively kicking off in response to the movement are entirely racist. 

I don't see why anyone ever even felt the need to politicise it but it massively, massively exposes the alt right for what they are that they equate "don't be racist" and "police racism is a bad thing" to "the left" and "the opposition."

The whole movement is a great opportunity for left and right to come together and say "you know what, this is nothing to do with party politics, doesn't matter where we are on the political spectrum, racism is bad." A great opportunity for conservative political parties and influencers to win Black votes by showing solidarity and siding with the cause. But Trump doubles down like a retard and all the little fascists of the world just skip along behind him outting themselves. 

Edit: just wanted to reinforce the distinction between the alt / far right and everyone else who happens to identify as right wing. I'm well aware a massive amount of conservative voters will be fully in support of an anti-racist message and not everyone is trying to politicise it. 

I do 100% support the message that black lives matter, I don’t support the timings of the protests in the UK, the defacing of WW2 monuments, the rioting and attacking police officers, the TV censorship or most twitter bandwagons on the matter.

I’m not sure if that does or does not categorise myself as wholly racist or not tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Yeah but he’s gonna have the his best game of his season in a few weeks 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Long may their downfall continue. I hope they become the new Everton. Or maybe the new Newcastle. Actually no, the new Sunderland.

Either way **** all those teams.

14 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Moyes absolutely livid with the VAR decision, he'll be smacked with a fine for saying Coote wasn't very good. 

He's right though. Coote is awful beyond belief. He's made some awful decisions against us, seems like he hates us for some reason. He's just completely inept.  

We had him on VAR on Sat against West Ham, and we have him this Sat against Villa. He'll be itching to chalk one off for us any way he can. 

56 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He's right though. Coote is awful beyond belief. He's made some awful decisions against us, seems like he hates us for some reason. He's just completely inept.  

We had him on VAR on Sat against West Ham, and we have him this Sat against Villa. He'll be itching to chalk one off for us any way he can. 

I don't have any faith in officials anymore, they all seem to be incapable of giving a sensible decision. 
The lack of accountability is the worst aspect. Every person involved in football can be criticised except the officials for some reason. 

• Like 1

Arsenal are looking not just skint but rotten.

Arteta is supposed to reset the culture.  OK, keeping your most-expensive player on (or off) the bench is costly … but fair enough if you need to set examples.

So follow that up by giving David Luiz another year to “lead” as one of your dressing room lieutenants?  He sets the example by coming off the bench mentally and physically unready to play, single-handedly losing a match against a mediocre team.  He’s the longest-running joke on social media for your young players to absorb.  Rewarding that does “build culture”, but maybe not the one you want.

And their recruitment?  When they do put their pennies together for a young player, they buy a head case in Guendouzi.  To drop into a mix of good players looking to leave, and mercenaries on big money going through the motions.  Thank God, Sideshow Bob is there to mentor him.

They need another keeper, bad luck …  they can’t be looking at Joe Hart?  They should have a list of options better than a bombscare.

Signs from this new regime still point in the wrong direction of travel.  Their revenues have dropped out of the “big six”.  (But still twice ours, so it’s breathtaking how the football looks like crashing straight through the Wolves/Leicester tier into real mediocrity.)

All Wenger’s fault of course !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1