Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Has Dyche ever had any black players at Burnley? I can't think of any off the top off my head. 

I'm not implying anything, just wondering?

Are they the only all white squad in the Premier League?

Marvin Sordell and our very own Lloyd Dyer. 

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

Naby Keita being accused of sexual assault on Twitter

Jesus, football Twitter is going into overdrive tonight.

I've saw the tweet and it doesn't make sense to me. The daughter is texting her mum scared, saying a man is touching her up, but the mum doesn't call the police, only says she'll ring an Uber.

Plus are you allowed to take pictures of police evidence bags?

I imagine they'll be public cries to get it investigated further now anyway, so if it is true then I hope he gets the punishment he deserves.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

As somebody who works in advertising, I said from the start that BlackLivesMatter, as a line, is weak.

It misses the point, and here we are now with the conversation turning to address the inevitable 'all lives matter' and even 'white lives matter' responses. This is the manifestation of exactly why it's rubbish.

Just the connotations of the word 'matter', for instance. It lends itself to sentence endings like 'as well'. Is that really a message of empowerment? An afterthought? Is that really the message we need to address mass incarceration and criminalisation of black people? For me, it drives an even bigger wedge between 'the educated' and 'the non educated'. Racists' beliefs that people of colour are somehow below their level is only re-enforced by this message.

Of course it leads idiots from poorer backgrounds, who feel their lives aren't valued following years of austerity, to hit back. And so what are we even achieving apart from noise, anger and riots?

I don't imagine somebody waking from their council house in Sunderland tomorrow morning is likely to be that arsed about the pleaful trill of 'we matter as well sob sob', as they're far more concerned about what the fvck they're going to eat today.

So yeah.

'White lives matter' - annoyin'

'Black lives matter' - bad comms, therefore  also annoyin' to me as somebody in the profession

Edited by Nod.E

7 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

As that’s 12 games now hopefully that’s the end of it taking over names on shirts and kneeling before matches 

Says a lot about people who were itching for these 12 games to be over to not see the slogan/kneeling any more. Like those who say they'll stop watching football because of it or won't go to any more games of ours because our club dared to support wanting equality for people. 

Pathetic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Says a lot about people who were itching for these 12 games to be over to not see the slogan/kneeling any more. Like those who say they'll stop watching football because of it or won't go to any more games of ours because our club dared to support wanting equality for people. 

Pathetic. 

On a side note, I'm going to play devil's advocate here - if we continue to have black lives matter on the back of players' shirt for the rest of the season, does that run the risk of devaluing and diluting the impact?

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

On a side note, I'm going to play devil's advocate here - if we continue to have black lives matter on the back of players' shirt for the rest of the season, does that run the risk of devaluing and diluting the impact?

Think all the vandalism under the guise of BLM is way on the way to doing that sadly  :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Some absolute idiots from our support defending that banner last night on twitter. Shameful 

When we’ve had people claiming the BLM movement is some Marxist, leftist political thing.

Choosing to side yourself on that plane message orchestrated by a EDL member and blatant racist....at what point do we say the counter arguments are led by far right, borderline fascists? Despite claims it’s a ‘normal’ response to BLM 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When we’ve had people claiming the BLM movement is some Marxist, leftist political thing.

Choosing to side yourself on that plane message orchestrated by a EDL member and blatant racist....at what point do we say the counter arguments are led by far right, borderline fascists? Despite claims it’s a ‘normal’ response to BLM 

The type of people who side themselves with the plane banner as a 'normal' response are also those you can't have a discussion with about it due to them being unable to see any other view but their own.

I've gained respect for Ben Mee for his response, really showed himself in a good light. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The type of people who side themselves with the plane banner as a 'normal' response are also those you can't have a discussion with about it due to them being unable to see any other view but their own.

I've gained respect for Ben Mee for his response, really showed himself in a good light. 

The poor fellow will probably be getting called all sorts of horrific things now on social media by 'patriots'.

46 minutes ago, Nalis said:

It’s not happening for the rest of the season. A badge will be on the arm of the shirts. 

But your point is poignant to the entire debate. Once it dies down, that’s when actions need to begin 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Lets be clear the plane stunt was an unnecessary, idiotic response from a racist.

As previously stated, I am fully behind an Anti-Racism movement. 

However, I still question whether BLM is actually that. This is their words from their GoFundMe page:

How is that not leftist and a bit Marxist? Honestly?

Anti-Racism, equality, better treatment, education, raise awareness, review and reform, I can get behind fully 100%.

Dismantling Capitalism - No! The Irony of having the biggest shows of capitalism Premier League football supporting a cause to well - destroy itself! I do wonder if people can actually read or know what they are supporting here. I think its the wrong organisation for the cause its dangerous because they are stirring the wrong kind of people and by their other ideological agendas giving those people some form of legitimacy. 

Why not just say. Black Lives Matter - our aim is to eradicate racism, through awareness, education and reform. Keep the message simple and undiluted. 

Anyway, capitalist football has displayed this message. It has provoked a few discussions. Will it change much?

We’ve been here before, so I’m not going to over go same ground repeatedly except this once. 

Why is the plane message viewed as a stunt yet the idiotic monument spray painting not judged as the same sort of stunt by an idiot? 

The language is emotive but you failing to read the sentence as a whole. 

We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world.

So it’s attacking the capitalism that disproportionately harms black people. Not capitalism as a whole. In fact your example of the Premier League is an example of a capitalism venture which has supported non-white communities.

• Like 1