Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We’ve been here before, so I’m not going to over go same ground repeatedly except this once. 

Why is the plane message viewed as a stunt yet the idiotic monument spray painting not judged as the same sort of stunt by an idiot? 

The language is emotive but you failing to read the sentence as a whole. 

We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world.

So it’s attacking the capitalism that disproportionately harms black people. Not capitalism as a whole. In fact your example of the Premier League is an example of a capitalism venture which has supported non-white communities.

Your missing the point though what does that even mean? Attacking Capitalism that disproportionately harms black people? Banging on about imperialism (from which the which the whole of 2020 Britain benefits), White Supremacy?! Really?, Patriarchy again? Really the UK has had 2 female PMs, a vast range of senior politicians from different races - I would be interested to see how that one has played out amongst African Tribes and in the Caribbean.  Capitalism that disproportionately harms black people, I don't think we even have evidence to suggest this  'a thing'? The real issue, why are we even discussing these things, which don't really 'mean' anything. There is a simple solution, discuss the rights and wrongs, be educated about peoples experiences and learn and improve them in the future. Britain has made huge steps forward, its on going. Is it perfect, of course not but we are way ahead of a lot of countries. 

The monument painting is a stunt by an idiot, absolutely. My issue is with the overall motives, they are not clear, are diluted by waffle and what could easily be perceived as a different agenda. 

Anyway its done now, the powers that be disagree. The masses disagree. Good luck. I hope it makes a difference. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I have also noticed the passive aggressiveness towards people who are not openly supporting the group, people been accused of been racist just because they dont openly back it.

You could say the EXACT same thing about wearing the poppy. It isn't in any way a negative in doing so though, is it? 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think the motto should be "all lives matter" instead of "black lives matter"

Saying black lives matter isn't saying that others don't. Like someone else said, highlighting the importance of breast cancer is not dismissing colon cancer, posting "manchester strong" after the manchester attack is not ignoring the attacks that happen all around the world.... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont support racism, but I find BLM to have racist traits.

Their web page before it got edited had all sorts of worrying things on it.

They wanted to abolish the police.

They pointed out they are an all black organisation at the leadership level as if they were proud of it.

I think the motto should be "all lives matter" instead of "black lives matter", the latter was inevitably going to draw out the white extremist groups and a counter "white lives matter".

There is also no concern for safety with the protests, lack of social distancing and some fights.

I have also noticed the passive aggressiveness towards people who are not openly supporting the group, people been accused of been racist just because they dont openly back it.

They act as if racism only works one way which is white people been racist to black people.

There is a flawed view that if a race is statistically a loser in a situation then it is racism (systemic racism).

Do they believe positive discrimination is ok? (positive discrimination is a form of racism).

The best ideas and things to come out is not from the BLM group themselves but from journalists interviewing people, e.g. a muslim lady pointing out that she had to change her name to get job interviews which highlights that anonymous application forms (and cv) would be a good thing.

The things that BLM believe in is a lot more than just trying reduce anti black racism, they have a very powerful agenda, and it makes corbyn look very passive by comparison.

This exactly :appl:

Racism is abhorrent. Personally I struggle to get behind BLM.

There were protesters with signs saying 'Black Power' Is that not just role reversal?

If we really want equality amongst all we shouldn't even be mentioning colour in my view.

I look at a person as a person, I judge them by their personality and nothing else. I couldnt care less about race, sex, sexuality, age any of that. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Have people been called names for not wearing a poppy?

Absolutely. More so in the west coast of scotland were I'm from, if you don't wear a poppy you are saw as unpatriotic or even in some extremes, a supporter of organisations such as the IRA.

I've always believed politics and football shouldn't mix. 

But I'm pleased Mee said what he said.

However I can't believe people are questioning how many black players Burnley have had. Totally missing the point. This isn't about just giving a black player a job for the sake of it.

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I can't believe people are questioning how many black players Burnley have had. Totally missing the point. This isn't about just giving a black player a job for the sake of it.

I don't think they are - I think Darren Bent has just had a mare.

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Saying black lives matter isn't saying that others don't. Like someone else said, highlighting the importance of  citiesbreast cancer is not dismissing colon cancer, posting "manchester strong" after the manchester attack is not ignoring the attacks that happen all around the world.... 

that example is like comparing Chalk with Cheese.

The examples given have thousand of Cities, why would anyone feel like they are being alienated when Manchester is mentioned when there are another 4415 Cities not mentioned.

100 Types of Cancer.

maybe if there was 100s of alternatives to the BLM Slogan, you would find less people need to say All lives matter or White lives matter.

13 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

that example is like comparing Chalk with Cheese.

The examples given have thousand of Cities, why would anyone feel like they are being alienated when Manchester is mentioned when there are another 4415 Cities not mentioned.

100 Types of Cancer.

maybe if there was 100s of alternatives to the BLM Slogan, you would find less people need to say All lives matter or White lives matter.

So how is it that "white lives matter" seems to be the only alternative when there are more than two races? How many Native American lives matter posts, or Asian lives matter tweets have you saw? So why do white folk feel so "alienated" when no other race gives a fuch..... I highly doubt a "Pacific islander lives matter" banner is being arranged for our game tonight!

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

So how is it that "white lives matter" seems to be the only alternative when there are more than two races? How many Native American lives matter posts, or Asian lives matter tweets have you saw? So why do white folk feel so "alienated" when no other race gives a fuch..... I highly doubt a "Pacific islander lives matter" banner is being arranged for our game tonight!

I guess it depends how hard you look...

ignorance is bliss.

E138DCD3-9449-4A97-B790-9BDCDCA0426A.jpeg

505D17C2-9C12-4E09-A531-DE5AEBA65810.jpeg

14 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I guess it depends how hard you look...

ignorance is bliss.

E138DCD3-9449-4A97-B790-9BDCDCA0426A.jpeg

505D17C2-9C12-4E09-A531-DE5AEBA65810.jpeg

I didn't say there weren't any, I said I hadn't saw any.

You can find a hashtag of just about anything, they are not exactly flying banners over stadiums with national TV coverage are they? 

I'm really struggling on how many more ways I can express that getting butt hurt because the focus is on another race is absolutely ludicrous and pathetic, If you (not necessarily you in particular) are so insecure that you can't handle that then you need to have a long look in the fuching mirror. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I didn't say there weren't any, I said I hadn't saw any.

You can find a hashtag of just about anything, they are not exactly flying banners over stadiums with national TV coverage are they? 

I'm really struggling on how many more ways I can express that getting butt hurt because the focus is on another race is absolutely ludicrous and pathetic, If you (not necessarily you in particular) are so insecure that you can't handle that then you need to have a long look in the fuching mirror. 

You just said that no other race gives a fuch,

“why is it just white folk that feel alienated”

I said I guess how hard you look.

it didn’t take 30 secs to find 10000s of examples of Races you mentioned that didn’t care.

As someone else has said, The kick it out  campaign didn’t get the same response.

Why??

Were people any less “Racist”?

or is it because it’s a clearer message.