Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

If they're gonna take var seriously they need to stamp the shit immediately out of players complaining. 

The technology just objectively proved that Sterling was technically offside. There's nothing to argue. Shut up and get on with it. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Lol if VAR gets it wrong then what’s the point? Can’t rule out goals for elbows being 1mm “offside”

Why? It's what the rules state. The rules don't state a player is allowed to be five centimeters beyond the last defender they say he can't be at all. 

There's a skill in timing your run and staying on side, Sterling went too early. Sorry. Offside. 

If that was Harry Kane scoring a scruffy toe poke instead of Sterling scoring from a beautiful move, both offside by the same amount, foxestalk would be pissing itself saying VAR was brilliant and it was justice. 

It's hypocritical. 

The rules are the rules, play to them. 

• Thanks 1

I thought VAR was for clear and obvious errors?

Attackers should be given the benefit of the doubt and these decisions should be made quicker. 

When you're talking milimetres from the other side of the pitch its hardly a clear and obvious error from the linesman.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Why? It just made a correct decision. 

Who cares if it's millimetres, you have to draw the line somewhere and they just literally drew a line and he was offside. 

It is the correct decision, thats not the part that's going to annoy me .. Its the downer when i have jumped out my seat celebrating, happy as larry only to find out its not a goal because he was a cm offside. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Why? It's what the rules state. The rules don't state a player is allowed to be five centimeters beyond the last defender they say he can't be at all. 

There's a skill in timing your run and staying on side, Sterling went too early. Sorry. Offside. 

If that was Harry Kane scoring a scruffy toe poke instead of Sterling scoring from a beautiful move, both offside by the same amount, foxestalk would be pissing itself saying VAR was brilliant and it was justice. 

It's hypocritical. 

The rules are the rules, play to them. 

He wasn’t offside that’s my point 

Fairly pleased so far ...   Wham .. who reckon they could be the best of the rest ...   playing at home in their first game, all pumped up, big crowd ..   look cr@p.   I know Citeh make teams look like that but even so they are offering nothing and have no fight ...

• Like 1