Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Mark Pougatch just made a great point. What do people mean when they say, "The [insert club name here] way."? It's just meaningless, twee nonsense.

Same as ‘big club’ 

There are US sports teams losing games every week bringing in bigger crowds and making more money than our top 4. Time to change. 

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Mark Pougatch just made a great point. What do people mean when they say, "The [insert club name here] way."? It's just meaningless, twee nonsense.

Yes it is - blame West Ham . I first heard the expression used some years ago when they were self appointed guardians of the purity of the game and played a higher calibre of football to lesser mortals 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Blimey Chris Sutton with a little bit of praise for us just now. 

Asking why would Chilwell  now join Chelsea when Brendan is building what he is doing at Leicester. 

Christ that must have hurt 😂

Could it be that his BBC bosses have warned him about talking non stop shite and suggested his position is under threat ?^_^

17 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

In the old days there were differences in terms of their style of play. Perhaps this is where the saying came from. Remember Wimbledon’s direct approach contrasted with the passing football of Spurs and West Ham. Nowadays everyone tries to pass the ball about 500 times before they attempt a shot on goal

Doesn't really bother me about no-one talking about us when reminding us of the points gap with Liverpool, I'd rather us go 'under the radar' but do Man City fans struggle with maths or something?

It's the only explanation I can come up with as to why they have to remind us of the gap between Liverpool and Man City whilst dismissing and not mentioning there is a club between them.

Just now, kristianity77 said:

Yeah annoyingly, I just don't see Liverpool not winning this title.  They are gonna absolutely run away with it.  Seems like no one turns up against them even when they aren't playing that well.  

But they're only going to win it because no-one else turned up.

That's a narrative that went with our title win afterall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

Yeah annoyingly, I just don't see Liverpool not winning this title.  They are gonna absolutely run away with it.  Seems like no one turns up against them even when they aren't playing that well.  

They can make 5-6 changes and still steamroller sides . Annoying but there it is 

Not long til we're half way through the season now, and Liverpool have dropped 2 points. It's insane.

Any other season, and we're at least in contention for the title. But just can't see us getting near Liverpool now.

Edited by Charl91