Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Manchester Derby... Pre game music... Hey Jude by Liverpool's most famous band... Being sung with gusto by the Manchester fans... Why?? Why is it Hey Jude at every ground?? Makes no sense.

6 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

You'd have thought that walking out to a Liverpudlian piece of music in Manchester would be frowned upon :P 

Googled it ....dates back to when they won the league in ‘68

• Haha 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Someone really needs to twat Liverpool soon. It's so boring if one team runs off with it. I really really don't want them to win the league even though it looks inevitable. X 

They have made changes today and just won easily, it isn’t looking good in terms of them dropping any points at the moment. I didn’t expect anything other than a Bournemouth defeat but it was the manner that Liverpool just dispatched them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Someone really needs to twat Liverpool soon. It's so boring if one team runs away with it. I really really don't want them to win the league even though it looks inevitable. X 

Wait till all the other teams cotton on and they’ll start giving us wins just to conspire against them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Someone really needs to twat Liverpool soon. It's so boring if one team runs away with it. I really really don't want them to win the league even though it looks inevitable. X 

I think I'm the only one that doesn't think they're invincible either. Maybe some of that is wishful thinking.

But today was the first time they've kept a clean sheet in 9 league games?!! Their defence is not that good and I'm sure it will sting them at some point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

So what are the hand ball rules now?

I thought it was it didn't matter if it was on purpose or not? Or something like that.

For attackers if it leads to a goal it will get penalised.

For defenders/defending team it's if the hand or arm is out of the 'natural silhouette' of the body. But also won't be given as handball if it bounces up of the body or close proximity to where the shot came from. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

They have the pick of Oasis songs and the choose a band from Liverpool to walk out to.

The Fall, Joy Division, New Order, Happy Mondays, The Smiths, Stone Roses are better calls.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1