Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Brendan signs a new contract, we're second in the league, and Sir Nige of Leicester could be back in the big time where he belongs. What a day.

I hope he keeps them up. Watford are a good club with great fans. They deserve better. They deserve Big Nigel Pearson.

Yeah we've had our run ins with them but I don't t dislike them. They're a part of our story in a way. Really like Deeney as well

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah we've had our run ins with them but I don't t dislike them. They're a part of our story in a way. Really like Deeney as well

Leicester, Watford, Nigel Pearson half, half and half scarves incoming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I think if you get the Holy trinity of Pearson, Shakespeare, Walsh together and give them time to fully rebuild a team and reorganise your club, they're the perfect outfit when you need a complete overhaul. 

But given it'll probably be Pearson on his own and Watford are Watford, I give it six months. 

With Shakespeare out of work I wouldn't be surprised if he went with him. Walsh also out of work but think it's less likely he'll go too. They'd be sorted if they managed to get all 3 and even 2 out of 3 will probably be good enough for them.

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

There was one in the first half against Watford for us too, luckily Vardy kept on going and lay one on a plate for Perez, surely as a linesman now keep your flag down unless your 100% certain.

Or just do away with linesman flagging for offside? Use them for throws and only look for offside if a incident occurs after, ie freekick or goal. 

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I hope he keeps them up. Watford are a good club with great fans. They deserve better. They deserve Big Nigel Pearson.

Imagine back in 2013 reading this comment on Foxestalk 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Brendan signs a new contract, we're second in the league, and Sir Nige of Leicester could be back in the big time where he belongs. What a day.

The first paragraph is spot on. The second, good club, great fans? 
:nigel:

• Haha 1

Chelsea say Fifa treated them more harshly than Manchester City despite their transfer ban being cut on appeal. 

The Blues' two-window ban was halved by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, freeing them to buy players next month.

City did not get a transfer ban after they were also found to have broken rules on signing young players.

"Fifa chose to treat Chelsea entirely differently to Manchester City for reasons that make absolutely no sense," read a Chelsea statement.

"The approach taken by Fifa to this case has been deeply unsatisfactory."

Fifa accused Chelsea of breaching rules on the signing of 27 under-18 players. However, the Blues claimed that in 16 of those cases, the players were registered in line with advice that the game's global governing body had given the Football Association in 2009.

Chelsea argued that the alleged rules breaches in the remaining 11 cases were either "procedural" or there was no case to answer because of precedents set in Cas' ruling on Spanish side Real Madrid's transfer ban in 2016.

"Chelsea respects the importance of the work undertaken by Fifa in relation to the protection of minors and has fully cooperated with Fifa throughout its investigation," added Chelsea. 

"However, if Fifa continues to impose inconsistent and unequal sanctions on clubs then it will not only undermine the very purpose of the regulations, but it will also bring into doubt the game's confidence in Fifa being able to appropriately regulate this important area."

10 hours ago, Sianist said:

Arsenal forums are highly schizophenic... half believes that they’ll do a Leeds and relegate, half seem to think they’re just a stroke of luck from getting third behind liverpool and ManCity

Walked into a local shop I do a job for today, the owner and and a member of staff (both arsenal fans) were in the back watching arse ftv and sadly discussing the woes of the club, I walked in pointed at the tv commented ‘comedy gold’ and then and then dropped the bombshell that big Sam had been offered the job. I went to the toilet and when I came out you’d have thought I’d just told them a family member had died, the colour washed from their faces, they were nervously fidgeting, stammering and begging me to tell them it was bullshit. lol 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Classic Merson on Soccer Saturday just now. Talking about the Everton job:

Merson: "It's the easiest job in the world. All the new manager has got to do is finish 17th with 20 games left. It's a doddle".

Clinton Morrison: "So who do you think they should give the job to Merse?"

Merson: "Well, I don't know, it's not for me to say. But it's a hard job, no doubt."

He literally just said this lol

Drugs are bad mmmkay 

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Classic Merson on Soccer Saturday just now. Talking about the Everton job:

Merson: "It's the easiest job in the world. All the new manager has got to do is finish 17th with 20 games left. It's a doddle".

Clinton Morrison: "So who do you think they should give the job to Merse?"

Merson: "Well, I don't know, it's not for me to say. But it's a hard job, no doubt."

He literally just said this lol

Bloody clown, love someone to say if it’s so easy you take it Merse, just remind us about those successful years at Walsall, where you made it look so easy- back to back relegations if I remember correctly.

• Like 1