Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

18 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I'm being a lazy sod but can anyone off the top of their head name all the big sides Liverpool have played so far this season?

We're nearly halfway through the season, everyone has nearly played all the other teams at least once once.

They beat Arsenal 3-1 at home

They beat Chelsea 2-1 away

They drew 1-1 with Man Utd away

They beat Tottenham 2-1 at home

They beat Man City 3-1 at home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

We're nearly halfway through the season, everyone has nearly played all the other teams at least once once.

They beat Arsenal 3-1 at home

They beat Chelsea 2-1 away

They drew 1-1 with Man Utd away

They beat Tottenham 2-1 at home

They beat Man City 3-1 at home.

I'm pretty sure we played Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal in much quicker succession then they have played those other big clubs this season though.

I guess I'm just saying that whilst we all have to play the same teams, some clubs do benefit from having the traditionally tougher fixtures pretty well spread out. And it can make a difference... Unless I'm thinking of Man City's fixtures arrangements?!

Are Palace the most depressing club to support in the PL  3 shots today, zero on target, against the bottom club. They hire managers like Hodgson, Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis etc. I'm usually OK with smaller clubs like Bournemouth, Brighton and Watford but I honestly can't wait til Palace flush down to the Championship. 

27 minutes ago, 49er said:

Like us. When we had Kante, Vardy and Mahrez the likes of Morgan, Albrighton and Simpson looked like world beaters. Take out Salah and Mane and you have a side that might finish in the top six

Yesh. You gotta give credit to Klopp for getting a tune out of that lot I mentioned. Pep would have sold half of them after season 1.

If Liverpool get through the next month with out dropping more than 6 points they will run away with the league. Would love to be able to hold on to second place just need to keep doing what we are doing. The rest of the teams all have a few losses in them as we have already seen so we just need to keep picking up points and put the pressure on the teams below us to keep up with us and only worry about catching Liverpool if they somehow have a meltdown 

30 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

liverpool are pretty good aren’t they fellas 

Bit like Man City of two seasons ago, opponents are beat before they even leave the dressing room.

All we can do is do our own thing and wait and see if there's a wobble on their side. Hopefully they'll shit it if there is.

If there is no wobble, who gives a shit? I'm just enjoying the ride

7 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I'm pretty sure we played Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal in much quicker succession then they have played those other big clubs this season though.

I guess I'm just saying that whilst we all have to play the same teams, some clubs do benefit from having the traditionally tougher fixtures pretty well spread out. And it can make a difference... Unless I'm thinking of Man City's fixtures arrangements?!

Well Liverpool played those games in the following matches. 3, 6, 9, 10 and 12. We were game 8 btw.

We played them in 2, 6, 7, 8 and 12, with Man City to come in game 19 which is followed by Liverpool in game 20, so maybe you're right.

But they've played all the others "top 6" teams plus ourselves, we haven't.

Edited by Facecloth

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Koke said:

Yesh. You gotta give credit to Klopp for getting a tune out of that lot I mentioned. Pep would have sold half of them after season 1.

Don't forget they hammered Barcelona, they are pretty good you know. However we are not far behind them now in ability. We need to improve our conversion rate from good chances if we are to really challenge them.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well Liverpool played those games in the following matches. 3, 6, 9, 10 and 12. We were game 8 btw.

We played them in 2, 6, 7, 8 and 12, with Man City to come in game 19 which is followed by Liverpool in game 20, so maybe you're right.

But they've played all the others "top 6" teams plus ourselves, we haven't.

Yes, I'll concede they've now played Man City and we haven't. But we'd already played 4 of the traditional big 6 in our first 8 matches of the season, but at the same stage, they'd played only 2! 

Don't get me wrong, they're a very good side, but at the same time, I'm certain the fixtures are NOT randomly decided and it can and does make a difference.

19 minutes ago, Koke said:

Are Palace the most depressing club to support in the PL  3 shots today, zero on target, against the bottom club. They hire managers like Hodgson, Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis etc. I'm usually OK with smaller clubs like Bournemouth, Brighton and Watford but I honestly can't wait til Palace flush down to the Championship. 

They were 5th in the league last week with a -5 goal difference !

1 minute ago, Kendal Fox said:

Yes, I'll concede they've now played Man City and we haven't. But we'd already played 4 of the traditional big 6 in our first 8 matches of the season, but at the same stage, they'd played only 2! 

Don't get me wrong, they're a very good side, but at the same time, I'm certain the fixtures are NOT randomly decided and it can and does make a difference.

Indeed liverpool and Everton, spurs and arsenal, Man City and yanited cannot be home same weekend plus there are weekends where you sometimes see several derbies but that aside, to claim that the fixture list has been fiddled in Liverpool’s favour is real wacky backy stuff .....

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

We have the best defence in the premiership and one of the best strikers in the world but we are still frustrating at times in front of goal. If Perez and Barnes can up their chance conversion then we can be truly formidable.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Indeed liverpool and Everton, spurs and arsenal, Man City and yanited cannot be home same weekend plus there are weekends where you sometimes see several derbies but that aside, to claim that the fixture list has been fiddled in Liverpool’s favour is real wacky backy stuff .....

I don't think the fixtures are randomly decided and I think they are arranged favourably for the teams that finish in the top 2 places. Just look at Man City's fixture arrangements for instance. 

Perhaps it's to do with their commitments in Europe to ease the pressure on them somewhat. But it's clear they are not plucked out of a hat.