Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Langston said:

Definitely going to have something in my eye seeing those pair back together on MOTD.

The snag is I dont know what the prob is at Watford... niges strength is sticking with grafting players who want to improve...turfing out big time Charlie's.

Imo arsenal could use decoure.... but watford will need him.  Villa were worse than watford.  Goodluck to nige and shakey

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Because Stones has one of the highest pass completion rates of any defender in the league and a Man City CB is a wall pass option just as much as a stopper. Tactically they're reliant on having good ball players to sit there and recycle possession, receiving balls back from the wide men when they're being pressed. 

Yeah, the ideal CB is someone that can do that whilst being fantastic defensively but how many Gérard Piques are there really in the world? 

Almost every quality ball playing CB in football has moments of defensive disaster. Hummels, Stones, Luiz, Maguire, all these guys have been enormous value targets for huge clubs and they're all prone to errors. 

I don't think Pep is wrong to want defenders that can do that. It's hard to argue his system isn't a good one when he's won so much with it. 

I think if you sat down and spoke to Pep and Arteta at the moment about the plight of the side, they'd tell you not to only blame centre halves and that they're not defending well enough collectively as a whole team and aren't keeping the ball and controlling the game well enough as a whole team and that if they were, there'd be less pressure and attention on the centre halves anyway. 

They'd probably have a point. 

Stones can use the ball, his skill levels are good , his tackling is fine and he is good in the air . His positioning is dreadful and his reading of the game is mediocre, in truth he is not clever enough and at the top level you need a brain like Jonny Evans . As a defensive midfielder he might be OK.

42 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Why does he keep using John Stones then , at Everton they dropped him and brought Jagielka back and last season he brought Kompany back in himself . Stones should have been switched to midfield long ago , he cannot be trusted as a centre back. Pep rarely makes mistakes but he has f**led up completely with this.

The new breed of ball playing centre back who actually first and foremost aren’t particularly good at defending, Stones and Luiz being the best examples, they both received a lot of media adoration for their passing skills playing out from the back but in reality they’re not very good at what they’re there for, defending.

If you were a manager with a decent striker signed in the summer, how would you set up at home against an Arsenal side who:-

- haven't won in 9
- conceded 17 in all their away games (all comps), including 11 in the away league games

- haven't kept a clean sheet since 6th October

- last away clean sheet (league) was back on first day of the season against Newcastle.

Would you set up playing a lone striker who's natural position is a winger?

Because that's what Pellegrini has done. Haller on the bench and Antonio up front on his own. 

This is the last 2 months for Arsenal lol

image.png.68cc6600ed459b1be45b50cd55d6f15e.png

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If you were a manager with a decent striker signed in the summer, how would you set up at home against an Arsenal side who:-

- haven't won in 9
- conceded 17 in all their away games (all comps), including 11 in the away league games

- last away clean sheet (league) was back on first day of the season against Newcastle.

Because that's what Pellegrini has done. Haller on the bench and Antonio up front on his own. 

Ahhh the classic Puel move, drop the striker and play a winger, remind me how that turned out for him?

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

- haven't won in 9

Relegation form

West Ham v Arsenal tonight could be a race to the bottom... 

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Relegation form

West Ham v Arsenal tonight could be a race to the bottom... 

Pretty much.

Last 8 games have Arsenal in 14th on 7 points. Would only be 2 points above 18th.

West Ham are bottom of the 8-game form table!

Oh **** off I don't know if I can watch this. 

Every time I switch an Arsenal game on I forget how much Lucas Torreira boils my piss. If I can ban anyone from the sport for life I think it'd be him. 

Potentially the single worst diver in the League's history. Not since Drogba has a player made me so angry to watch. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Oh **** off I don't know if I can watch this. 

Every time I switch an Arsenal game on I forget how much Lucas Torreira boils my piss. If I can ban anyone from the sport for life I think it'd be him. 

Potentially the single worst diver in the League's history. Not since Drogba has a player made me so angry to watch. 

It's fantastic that the result of this match is of no interest to LCFC supporters. I genuinely have nothing invested in this (not even FPL wise)

Yeah this is disappointing. West Ham usually go for it against London clubs at home. I thought this would be two teams that can't defend desperate for points. 

But both look like they think a draw is a good result and see just scared of a loss. Shame.