Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

40 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

IIRC, there were some attempts as advertising Everton (... yeah) as part of the Big7, in late season of 2016/2017 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

8 years :huh:

For a bit of extra context, if I've counted correctly this was just the 40th PL away game in that 8-year span where they've trailed at HT (and so are eligible for this stat). The majority of those games were against your traditional top-6 sides like Chelsea, Man Utd etc. who you'd expect to at least be able to hold out for a draw after leading at home at HT, even against another top-6 side. So whilst the stat looks bad at first it's not quite as damning as you might think. Would certainly be interesting to see how it compares to a similar side like Tottenham in the same period, but in all honesty I cba to look up their results lol

Does suggest a potential mentality issue, though, that once they go behind they're not great at turning things around second-half. Which is hardly surprising from a team like Arsenal.

Edited by Xen

Vitor Pereira looking like the next Everton manager.  Interesting choice - another Portuguese coach, youngish.  Seems to do well everywhere he arrives but for whatever reason (he's rumored to be a sullen bastard) burns his bridges very quickly.

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Vitor Pereira looking like the next Everton manager.  Interesting choice - another Portuguese coach, youngish.  Seems to do well everywhere he arrives but for whatever reason (he's rumored to be a sullen bastard) burns his bridges very quickly.

Didn't he take 1860 Munchen down? Seems way too similar to what they've had that hasn't worked

On 07/12/2019 at 19:34, davieG said:

If we win the league we should rename ourselves Foinavon

Foinavon (1958–1971) was an Irish racehorse. He won the Grand National in 1967 at odds of 100/1 after the rest of the field fell, refused or were hampered or brought down in a mêlée at the 23rd fence

We need Liverpool to do a Devon Loch!

42 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Not sure where to put this, but I’m sure it’ll be fine here. 

Ps if someone could embed this it would be greatly appreciated. 

http://www.skysports.com/share/11882278

I genuinely can’t pick a favourite but do have a top 5. Discuss. 

For me it's Van Persie (v Villa) or Suarez (v Newcastle). Suarez' control was unbelievable. Wilshere against Norwich was brilliant as well.

That Bale one v West Ham too - the ball is practically still and he somehow has to dig it from under his feet.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Fox92 said:

For me it's Van Persie (v Villa) or Suarez (v Newcastle). Suarez' control was unbelievable. Wilshere against Norwich was brilliant as well.

RVP netted some corkers. Tbh I had forget how gifted he was. That Suarez drop is fantastic. I do think we could have had a few of our team goals this season in there. However sky have gone for mainly belters from 25 yards :/

3 minutes ago, casablancas said:

RVP netted some corkers. Tbh I had forget how gifted he was. That Suarez drop is fantastic. I do think we could have had a few of our team goals this season in there. However sky have gone for mainly belters from 25 yards :/

Yeah that's why Van Persie/Suarez are better for me, balls coming over the top. 

• Like 1