Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I’m sure we’d all be very happy with Top 4 this season, and personally I don’t think we’re likely to catch Liverpool (although I am starting to believe a little). 

I also think that finishing second and keeping up some great form for the rest of the season is imperative. 

Champions League football is a fantastic achievement, but if we really want to turn players heads, we need to finish 2nd. In the summer, when we’re after one or two top players, it could have a massive impact. As well as keeping the players we have now. 

7 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

When will Steve Bruce get any credit, if Rafa had them in the top 10 we'd never hear the end of how brilliant he is. Yes the bottom half of the league is terrible but he still has to win. 

agreed, said it the other day when they beat sheff u. they are now level on points with sheff u, after having probably pretty similar pre season expectations. yet wilder is getting shouts for manager of the year and bruce is still just getting laughed at. 

6 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

agreed, said it the other day when they beat sheff u. they are now level on points with sheff u, after having probably pretty similar pre season expectations. yet wilder is getting shouts for manager of the year and bruce is still just getting laughed at. 

Because Wilder is producing results with (some) players he had in League One. Newcastle have been in this league 3 years now and they're still turgid. Newcastle should be above Sheffield United. 

I agree re: Steve Bruce though, he deserves credit so far.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Athletic saying Liverpool want a pre season friendly in China, July 2020. 

Klopp the hypocrite again

Klopp is keen to ensure that his squad are based in Europe for most of the pre-season programme and owners Fenway Sports Group will give him what he wants.

21 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Well done to Liverpool for maintaing their stance. 

I have absolutley no idea why anyone (whether connected with Liverpool or not) would buy The Sun. Same for the Mirror, Express and Mail etc tbh

My local Spa sometimes offers The Sun for free and I don’t even take one then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

My local Spa sometimes offers The Sun for free and I don’t even take one then.

I had some free copies which I used to line the bottom of puppies whelping box for them to crap on. 

Which seems like the best use for The Sun

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

This. Like a spoiled, petulant child.  I don't care what anyone says, given the money he's spent, the clubs he's been at and the players he's had at his disposal he's under achieved since he's left Barcelona.

The money spent; on a european level he's definitely under achieved; 3 semi-finals in the CL with Bayern, last-16 and quarter finals with Man City. Whilst the record at bayern at least may be good, the money he spends and the level he aims to be at, it isn't good enough. 

Domestically however, he's been incredible and his team's do dominate the country

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Is this guy for real? Comments like this make him look like an out of his depth fraud https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50707809

"That is the level we face against Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus. They are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them.

I'm a bit annoyed we didn't get a name check amongst that lot. :D

51 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Is this guy for real? Comments like this make him look like an out of his depth fraud https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50707809

I think he's being taken out of context in a lot of circles, particularly by people that want to pretend he's talking about money and resources. The press know what they're doing when they pick a quote to make a headline. 

He wasn't really talking about having the resources to compete. This is a guy that said he's happy with Fernandino in defence and the personnel was fine. 

What he was talking about was his players essentially needing to re-evaluate and raise their game because other clubs are performing above and beyond what his squad is currently doing. Because currently they can't compete because they aren't playing well enough. It was essentially a rocket up the arse of his squad. 

I think he's right, too. They have been sloppy. 

Claims he's underachieving are ridiculous, though. What they achieved last year was bonkers and that's despite injuries to De Bruyne. No club in the world could cover the injuries they've had in defence this year. Even one with billions to spend. You can't stockpile first team players can you? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Fair play in all honesty. More shame on the FA for trying to force their hand. It's a serious reason why liverpool hate the s*n, so for the FA to ignore that is frankly disgusting 

All I had to do is read the headlines of the day and coverage of the tragedy to understand the hatred for the Sun.

The FA echo the attitudes of the wealthy elitists who run our countries so not a surprise.to see this.

Another in the long lists of apologies that will have to be made but are quickly forgotten,

I am sure that the rage and resentment of the families will not be forgotten. No matter what the Faux legal system and its beneficiaries thinks.

Can someone explain to me what the FA have done that's so vile? They've said they respect Liverpool's position r.e. the Sun and given that they've put an emphasis on strengthening the relationship between the national team and the media over the last few years, you can understand why they'd be reluctant to play at a stadium where the nation's biggest newspaper isn't allowed