Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Unsurprisingly the dickhead giving out the racist abuse in the Manc derby has been arrested. Also been named and shamed on social media, plus his employer has been made aware.

Criminal record, plus probably a lifetime ban from the ground and losing his job. Merry christmas you idiot

You could see it clear as anything on tv. I don’t understand this disgusting behaviour. I thought, naively, it had gone away years ago. I know it’s still a big problem in parts of Eastern Europe but we need to stamp it out as it’s becoming an issue. I’m sure it isn’t a football problem, more a social one.

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

You could see it clear as anything on tv. I don’t understand this disgusting behaviour. I thought, naively, it had gone away years ago. I know it’s still a big problem in parts of Eastern Europe but we need to stamp it out as it’s becoming an issue. I’m sure it isn’t a football problem, more a social one.

Yeah it’s been increasing in this country as a whole for years now. (And others.) The government publish stats on it. The police publish reports on increased resources fighting right wing extremists. The fans don’t suddenly feel more free to verbally attack people only once they get into the stadium. It’s a reflection of society

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

It's looking like it is only going to be us that can stop Liverpool this season. They have almost been faultless this season in picking up results but imo they are not playing at the same level as they were last season. One bad result and I can see them going on a bad run, losing the momentum they have built till now. 

Question remains if we are going to be able to capitalise on them dropping points. 

It looks a bit of a long shot really.Would love Liverpool to trip up but they haven't really hit a rough patch for a long time and it doesn't look like happening before May.

Doubt our fanbase will be giving it large a la Tottenham 2016 .

Top 4 would still be an excellent season. Most other clubs would love to be in our position.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

It looks a bit of a long shot really.Would love Liverpool to trip up but they haven't really hit a rough patch for a long time and it doesn't look like happening before May.

Doubt our fanbase will be giving it large a la Tottenham 2016 .

Top 4 would still be an excellent season. Most other clubs would love to be in our position.

At the moment yes, but with the number of fixtures, Liverpool will have this season, they are bound to drop points at some point and we need to be ready to capitalise.

Last season was a one off where Man City and Liverpool won week in week out. Without Man City challenging them I think they may not feel the pressure and may get complacent. Liverpool do not do well leading in recent years. 

Saying that, of course they are favourites and regardless of whether we win it or not, if we get top 4, it will be some achievement. We've already got ourselves in a position where if we don't make it, we'd all be disappointed. 

2 hours ago, The Syrup said:

Unsurprisingly the dickhead giving out the racist abuse in the Manc derby has been arrested. Also been named and shamed on social media, plus his employer has been made aware.

Criminal record, plus probably a lifetime ban from the ground and losing his job. Merry christmas you idiot

It's ridiculous wherever it happens but even more brain-dead to do it on the front row when cameras are focusing on that area of the pitch.

What a twat.

On 27/11/2019 at 12:45, The Bear said:

Also he DOES go down far too easily, then spends the next few minutes whining and shouting at the ref about it if he doesn't get a FK.

To sum up, he's a greasy haired whiny diving little scrote who isn't as near as good as people make out. McGinn is a better player. 

Told you :revenge:

Edited by The Bear