Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 hours ago, Adster said:

Who the **** is Eamon Dunphy? Seriously. I have no idea who he is. 

He's the Irish Chris Sutton (slightly unfair to him but he divides opinion).

Dermot Morgan (Father Ted) used to do a famous piss-take of him on Irish radio and RTE, Very funny.

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Don't rate the Son goal, sorry. Like the Giggs v Arsenal goal or Henry v Spurs. They've ran a long way, but in a straight line and nobody has even bothered to try and unsettle them let alone tackle them.

I love a long run where a defender is turned inside out, the player does a few step overs, maybe even a nutmeg in there. This was just a straight run up the pitch, the might as well not have been a Burnley player there.

Agreed, like Mahrez’s vs Man City, ran 1/3 of the distance but did a lot more with the ball.

36 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Don't rate the Son goal, sorry. Like the Giggs v Arsenal goal or Henry v Spurs. They've ran a long way, but in a straight line and nobody has even bothered to try and unsettle them let alone tackle them.

I love a long run where a defender is turned inside out, the player does a few step overs, maybe even a nutmeg in there. This was just a straight run up the pitch, the might as well not have been a Burnley player there.

As much as I agree the defending was poor, it was still a spectacular individual goal. Pace, power, control, composure. I don't like spurs as much anyone on here, but they have a phenomenal player in Son

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Completely agree 100%, that Henry goal was one of the most overrated goals in premier league history for that reason. 

19 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

As much as I agree the defending was poor, it was still a spectacular individual goal. Pace, power, control, composure. I don't like spurs as much anyone on here, but they have a phenomenal player in Son

Gerrymandering.  We should show everyone that we are really one of the big boys and have true ambition by tabling offers for the likes of son. No doubt the press would label it audacious.

35 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I'm not saying its shite, just not amazing.

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Burnley defending has been woeful and they've missed their chances. 

Son goal was great, but why has no Burnley defender just clipped his heel and taken him out? Just kick his leg at half way and regroup.

Yep, take a booking and that goal isn't scored, 99 times out of 100 that's what happens. 

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Have to say I was amused by some of the zealots trying to give Pearson credit for yesterday's result by simply sitting there. Oh and wearing a suit too - that'll show 'em.

I assumed it was a wind up.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I hope so, but some have absolutely no sense of irony whatsoever...

Very true,  i leave it to the misses,  normally sunday afternoon while i watch the match on sky, checking she leaves no creases on my shirts of course. 

It's looking like it is only going to be us that can stop Liverpool this season. They have almost been faultless this season in picking up results but imo they are not playing at the same level as they were last season. One bad result and I can see them going on a bad run, losing the momentum they have built till now. 

Question remains if we are going to be able to capitalise on them dropping points. 

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Ignorance always finds a way to manifest itself.

It's amazing isn't it.

It reminds me of a game, city v Bristol Rovers abd I was in the East Stand(Bike shed).

A group of lads were giving a Rovers black player loads of abuse,not ALL racist but he was singled out 

Julian Joachim came on and scored... these same people where shouting JJ"s name and rejoicing.

Me and mate just shook our heads at them...still don't think they'd understand the irony in their actions!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raj said:

It's amazing isn't it.

It reminds me of a game, city v Bristol Rovers abd I was in the East Stand(Bike shed).

A group of lads were giving a Rovers black player loads of abuse,not ALL racist but he was singled out 

Julian Joachim came on and scored... these same people where shouting JJ"s name and rejoicing.

Me and mate just shook our heads at them...still don't think they'd understand the irony in their actions!

I have related a story not unlike this myself on here, and that also involved JJ.