Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

26 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

If we get 1.67 points per game (37 total) and maintain our goal difference then Man U cannot push us out of the CL, even if they win every game.

Not technically true. As it stands if United win the Europa League and Spurs win the Champions League then 4th place would drop into the Europa League next season. Maybe unlikely but still a possibility.

72 points is usually required for 4th and we are some way off that yet and not in very good form.Finishing top 4 is far from certain.

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

Not technically true. As it stands if United win the Europa League and Spurs win the Champions League then 4th place would drop into the Europa League next season. Maybe unlikely but still a possibility.

72 points is usually required for 4th and we are some way off that yet and not in very good form.Finishing top 4 is far from certain.

Not this season ........

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Absolutely. In addition I  would love to see how the mainstream media would cope with so many of the big 6 out of Europe. 

True, but they’re only really suffering a small level of the mediocrity that the supporters of the majority of the other teams have felt. A crisis season would still be finishing in the bottom of the top half. I long for the day that one of the big 6 suffer enough to be close to the bottom or even relegated. Only then do I feel that their fans would start to get on a general level.

As sure as eggs it will happen again, I still remember utd being relegated in 74, and rest assured THAT was shocking!

The big six think they are entitled to top flight, ask a Saracens supporter about that right now!

Currently the prime candidate is Real Arsenal but a change of ownership at Chelski or Utd could put them in the brown stuff very easily.

The cash flowing from Sky now levels the field considerably.

15 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Absolutely. In addition I  would love to see how the mainstream media would cope with so many of the big 6 out of Europe. 

True, but they’re only really suffering a small level of the mediocrity that the supporters of the majority of the other teams have felt. A crisis season would still be finishing in the bottom of the top half. I long for the day that one of the big 6 suffer enough to be close to the bottom or even relegated. Only then do I feel that their fans would start to get on a general level.

Don't usually use this 'tone', find it quite condescending and petty but well I am being towards the media and plastic fans of the 'big' teams I guess...

WhAt AbOuT tHe CoEfFiCiEnT!!!!!

"Damn bottom feeders ruining the bloody coefficient!" is how the mainstream media and plastic armchair fans of the 'big' teams will cope with it.

Edited by Matt

18 minutes ago, brucey said:

Last season 4th place still needed 71 points despite 3rd-6th all trying their best to avoid getting CL football for the last few months of the season..

Can you see yanited, Sheffield u or wolves averaging more than 2 points per game for the remainder of the season ???

after 23 games last season, arsenal in fifth had 44 points which will be ten more than yanited (assuming they lose tomorrow) 

Edited by st albans fox

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can you see yanited, Sheffield u or wolves averaging more than 2 points per game for the remainder of the season ???

I’m slightly worried about Utd tbh. Seem to be picking up their form again and supposedly thinking about spending 60m on one player in the next few days. We could be anywhere from 8 to 14 points ahead of them by the end of tomorrow. 8 points isn’t much to make up in 15 games, depending on how temporary our current slump is. I just really don’t want them to get top 4 because you know they’ll come asking for a few of our players in summer.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, brucey said:

I’m slightly worried about Utd tbh. Seem to be picking up their form again and supposedly thinking about spending 60m on one player in the next few days. We could be anywhere from 8 to 14 points ahead of them by the end of tomorrow. 8 points isn’t much to make up in 15 games, depending on how temporary our current slump is. I just really don’t want them to get top 4 because you know they’ll come asking for a few of our players in summer.

I can’t be responsible for  (or worry) about yanited catching Chelsea ........ 

Just now, kingfox said:

Two assists for Traore who supposedly has no end product.

He is far better than our trashy wingers.

Its lazy opinions. He had no end product, but he's improved. Could still improve, but he's much better than a couple of years back, but people just pedal the same opinion because the can't be arsed to form new ones. Pretty much like most of our highly paid pundits really.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

no idea, Southampton boss still don’t think it was a penalty even after watching the replay 

I'm gonna go back and listen again, because I can't work out his reasoning lol

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

no idea, Southampton boss still don’t think it was a penalty even after watching the replay 

I’m not convinced either.

To me it looks like he loses control of the ball, Cedric gets his body in the way and he just runs into the back of him.

He’s already on the way down before Stephens makes any contact with him, he’s just fallen over his legs.