Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I’m not convinced either.

To me it looks like he loses control of the ball, Cedric gets his body in the way and he just runs into the back of him.

He’s already on the way down before Stephens makes any contact with him, he’s just fallen over his legs.

Nope. He pushes the ball forward, maybe a bit too far, but Cedric pushes him from one side and Stephens takes him out from the other.

• Like 1

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Wow Callum Wilson’s first shot on target since October and no goals since September

They were talking about him on the radio earlier, and how the creativity is lacking in the team and he's not getting chances. Then today he goes and completely misses the ball when free, right in the middle of box, about 8 yards out lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

I’m slightly worried about Utd tbh. Seem to be picking up their form again and supposedly thinking about spending 60m on one player in the next few days. We could be anywhere from 8 to 14 points ahead of them by the end of tomorrow. 8 points isn’t much to make up in 15 games, depending on how temporary our current slump is. I just really don’t want them to get top 4 because you know they’ll come asking for a few of our players in summer.

Interesting last game of the season then us at home to Man U. Winner gets fourth place ? 

I have a theory about this year

When one team is miles clear in the league in Liverpool,  then everyone in the leagues performence just loses a edge, it seems that way anyway in a closer league.

20 teams start the season going for the league realistic or totally impossible its there for everyone. We are seeing a lot of games where the matches are grinding affairs this year even when their are goals, take watford spurs this morning, almost had a championship level feel to it technically. Endless runing but so many misplaced passes in games I watched this week, considering the wages its quite poor to be honest.

The standard is bang average this year there is no getting away with it, the pace is high but there are very few teams you would truly to pay to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

I’m slightly worried about Utd tbh. Seem to be picking up their form again and supposedly thinking about spending 60m on one player in the next few days. We could be anywhere from 8 to 14 points ahead of them by the end of tomorrow. 8 points isn’t much to make up in 15 games, depending on how temporary our current slump is. I just really don’t want them to get top 4 because you know they’ll come asking for a few of our players in summer.

If we win tomorrow and they lose then it's 14 points with 15 games to go.they need to average a point better a game than us, highly unlikely. That said I am still a little nervous as our home form and performances must improve.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

I am not 1 bit worried about man u, there consistency is absolutely shite, yes

we will drop points but so will man u, they are shocking away from home, to the bottom half teams

Edited by lestajigs

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Brucey, Brucey, Brucey... Worry about climate change or the economy or the weather but don't worry about Utd lad, they are pants and are never gonna take our CL place..rest easy, anyway the super computer sez we can't lose again this year!

• Like 1

On 17/01/2020 at 18:08, Matt said:

Probably not but the fact remains and i'll still cast my net fishing towards plastics by saying 'yeah but no one challenged you'.

Let's be honest ourselves, take nothing away from what we've done this season and without doubt we'd still be having a good season but the fact no one else has turned up/challenged is largely a reason why we've been 2nd for so long and are now 3rd, but likewise whilst all the stats show Liverpool as something amazing they've been average on many of those occasions and their lead at the top and stats are flattered by the point no-one else has turned up or challenged them.

Christ what a load of rubbish. Us and man city are averaging over 2 points a game.

I think you're confusing yourself. They're absolutely smashing the league. Won 20 and drew 1 game. Who is supposed to challenge that?

I'd just give up on whatever point you're trying to make.

• Like 1