Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Walkers said:

Why does a neutral broadcaster insist on having fans of the two clubs sat in the commentary box when they simply cannot stay neutral? I don't want to hear Carragher celebrating ffs

Tbf, Neville thought Firmino's goal was incorrectly ruled out, while Carragher thought it was correctly disallowed. But yeah, can do without Carragher saying, "[insert Liverpool player's name] you little dancer!".

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Tbf, Neville thought Firmino's goal was incorrectly ruled out, while Carragher thought it was correctly disallowed. But yeah, can do without Carragher saying, "[insert Liverpool player's name] you little dancer!".

Well yeah precisely that. And Neville's ooooowhooaoaooooooooooooohhhh (Torres' Chelsea goal) that comes out atleast once a game

23 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Comparing our team to these two....we are miles behind for speed and also how quick they transition the ball 

We weren’t , earlier in the season . We’ve hit some sort of invisible wall . I can’t wait to get back to one game a week .

31 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Another gripe with football... why is it so widely accepted for players to speak to officials the way that they do? To suggest they speak to them like dirt is putting it lightly to say the least. Even with VAR you have Man Utd players furiously surrounding the referee to insist a goal shouldn't have counted. If they are correct it will be spotted, ****ing get on with it. Henderson clearly ran the ball out of play late on and turned around and mouthed off at the linesman, and also called for a goalkick a few mins later when a Utd player clearly kicked it off him for a corner. Why does football have this culture of dishonesty where other sports don't? I have no idea why anybody would want to be a referee

I don't think the referees themselves are shrinking violets.

In fact by all accounts their language can be as bad as the players. 

Agree with your final point. Why would anybody want to be a referee? Answer, you'd have to be the kind of person who relishes getting abuse, relishes being centre of attention, etc etc.

Doesn't offend me to see players having a go at them. In fact I'd have loved it if Henderson lost his mind and nutted the cvnt.

Liverpool were comfortable, Man United had one serious chance and that was Martial blazing over. Liverpool should've won by 4, Tyler and Neville making it closer than it was.

Just a shame we couldn't increase the gap.

On 15/01/2020 at 10:49, Gerard said:

The Belgian lads will be amazed that their failed ex manager was selected ahead of the new Barcelona manager by Watford. lol

@Lizhang @Bonanza @Pelotas

More amazed by how he turned Watford around, and so quickly as well... while he couldn't get anything going for us in the Belgian Second Division.

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Wolves are the team we should be worried about, not Man United.

Remember when half the forum were cheering them on against Man City a few weeks a go? lol

Hopefully us in the other half of the forum won't get a "I told you so" moment in May. 

Edited by Gerard

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

Another gripe with football... why is it so widely accepted for players to speak to officials the way that they do? To suggest they speak to them like dirt is putting it lightly to say the least. Even with VAR you have Man Utd players furiously surrounding the referee to insist a goal shouldn't have counted. If they are correct it will be spotted, ****ing get on with it. Henderson clearly ran the ball out of play late on and turned around and mouthed off at the linesman, and also called for a goalkick a few mins later when a Utd player clearly kicked it off him for a corner. Why does football have this culture of dishonesty where other sports don't? I have no idea why anybody would want to be a referee

I'd love to be a ref. If some cvnt like Henderson started mouthing off, I'd book him. If he dared do it again, I'd send him off. I'd also insist that every player calls me "sir" like in Rugby. :D

9 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Wolves are the team we should be worried about, not Man United.

Luckily I think the Europa League may put paid to them. What's even stranger with them is at the minute all I seem to read from their fans is moaning about lack of business, so maybe it's not all as great as it seems there either.

I feel like we'll make it by default. Man Utd are awful and have lost Rashford now. Spurs are awful and have lost Kane. Arsenal are absolutely no threat. Wolves I've covered. I actually can't even exclude Sheffield United at this point. To be honest this feels like the weakest Premier League I've ever seen but I find myself saying this too often and wonder if it's just me. But this really does just feel so poor.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Luckily I think the Europa League may put paid to them. What's even stranger with them is at the minute all I seem to read from their fans is moaning about lack of business, so maybe it's not all as great as it seems there either.

I feel like we'll make it by default. Man Utd are awful and have lost Rashford now. Spurs are awful and have lost Kane. Arsenal are absolutely no threat. Wolves I've covered. I actually can't even exclude Sheffield United at this point. To be honest this feels like the weakest Premier League I've ever seen but I find myself saying this too often and wonder if it's just me. But this really does just feel so poor.

I'd agree with this. Liverpool are on an excpetional run that covers nigh on 2 seasons, but the rest, even Man City are just mediocre. A weaker league overall than even 15/16.

I don't know what the table looked like before we played Pool at Xmas, but I would imagine we're not much worse off now when you look at points to 5th place, despite the pretty ropey run we've been on since. 

I'd be interested to see if the people now claiming the league is on it's knees and as weak as it's ever been, are the same people that wanted the league to be more competitive. A league that doesn't just have the same 4/5 teams sharing the top positions every year without being challenged.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If look at the benches Wolves are playing at the moment, you can see why they are moaning - they are an injury or suspension off playing kids. 

• Like 1