Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That is pretty grim reading for them

I'll believe the 2 year Euro ban when I see it. I never really thought the game had been "lost to money" until this came about and I genuinely think they'll get off without anything. Our title win (and to a lesser extent the performances of Burnley and other smaller clubs) gave me some hope that hard working clubs could succeed but, at this point, if they want to bugger off and just have a "super league" then fine. Let the rest of us support our clubs and teams we've got a connection to. It doesn't matter if we're fielding the next Messi on £250k a week or Dave from Hinckley - people will still turn up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's ****ing retarded though, it's literally all the same money. 

The same family owns the airline, the the emirate, its all the same money from the same source. 

Yup, its disgraceful, and they must be punished but there is a wider point here.....how can any non traditional big club make a consistent success of itself without spending crazy amounts?

35 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I'll believe the 2 year Euro ban when I see it. I never really thought the game had been "lost to money" until this came about and I genuinely think they'll get off without anything. Our title win (and to a lesser extent the performances of Burnley and other smaller clubs) gave me some hope that hard working clubs could succeed but, at this point, if they want to bugger off and just have a "super league" then fine. Let the rest of us support our clubs and teams we've got a connection to. It doesn't matter if we're fielding the next Messi on £250k a week or Dave from Hinckley - people will still turn up. 

Been enjoying following Brentford lately. Very entertaining football. The (really) big money clubs can all go fvck off as far as I'm concerned.

This and ice hockey are the last sports for me. Can't stand watching BS corruption of sport.

42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yup, its disgraceful, and they must be punished but there is a wider point here.....how can any non traditional big club make a consistent success of itself without spending crazy amounts?

What is consistent success? For you? For us? For them?

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

What is consistent success? For you? For us? For them?

Sorry, I meant how can any none traditional big club (Who tend to generate larger commercial income) hope to sustain success in league/cups/europe without spending loads of cash. We know that winning the league once, reaching quarter finals of CL - is not a passport for continued success. Even if we had won the CL it would be true and I do not believe our actions post league win, such as some less than ideal transfers, had that much effect on our ability to sustain subsequent challenges.

Guest Markyblue
14 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s taken me almost 10 years, but I’ve finally realised this forum is full of idiots lol 

Complaining because we’re 3rd, with a young team, a new manager, not much spent in the summer, nothing spent in January, homegrown academy players in the starting line up and the club making great profit while building a world class training centre and planning a stadium expansion. 

The world has gone mad. 

It took you 10 years , it took me 10 fecking minutes.  

56 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, I meant how can any none traditional big club (Who tend to generate larger commercial income) hope to sustain success in league/cups/europe without spending loads of cash. We know that winning the league once, reaching quarter finals of CL - is not a passport for continued success. Even if we had won the CL it would be true and I do not believe our actions post league win, such as some less than ideal transfers, had that much effect on our ability to sustain subsequent challenges.

Thanks. Just trying to point to the subjectivity of the word "success". Especially as this is Foxestalk :ph34r:.

Guest An Sionnach

Chelsea, Wolves and Man. City are pretty good teams you know and we did OK I thought. Apart from Liverpool (excusable) and the tactical disaster away to Man. City nobody has beaten us badly and we should really have not been beaten in any other game bar Southampton. Even on Saturday had Vardy's effort gone in or we had got the justifiable penalty I reckon we would have got at least a draw . We are not getting much luck at the moment but that will change and the victories will come .

It’s just so. ****ing. boring. 

But, for the love of god, please let the saving grace of this be getting rid of West Ham and never seeing them in the top flight ever again....

**** off mani you nobhead :ph34r:

Edited by Manini

12 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I think you mean despite rather than because. Although there is nothing unreasonable about complaining that we didn't spend anything in January. Why do you think that's a positive thing?

Why would you Think its negative..!!