Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Liverpool are a very good football team & have been for a couple of seasons now. When you have talent & work your bag off you tend to get lucky. Clubs like Villa & Bournemouth always complain that they are unlucky but the truth is they are just bad. 

Hard work coupled with skill equals lucky.

True, I noticed it when we won the league, everything seems to fall for you, the second balls, knock downs, loose balls etc, but this is probably down to the desire and work rate of a very good team brimming with confidence as opposed to a poorer  struggling team low on confidence who are less sharp, slower to react and work rate isn’t quite up there. Basically good confident teams get the breaks because of their work and attitude. That year we won it we looked like we wouldn’t let anyone beat us and pushed right to the very end, we never knew we were beat and I think that makes a huge difference.

• Like 1

Can’t knock the Liverpool team for work rate firstly. Their midfield wins the first, the second and the third ball. 

However they are extremely difficult to warm to and this will hold back neutrals opinions of them. 

Last night alone TAA comes out and bemoans that West Ham scored with their only two chances. We had them cryarsing last week about Atleti and the Shrewsbury debacle of their own doing. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can’t knock the Liverpool team for work rate firstly. Their midfield wins the first, the second and the third ball. 

However they are extremely difficult to warm to and this will hold back neutrals opinions of them. 

Last night alone TAA comes out and bemoans that West Ham scored with their only two chances. We had them cryarsing last week about Atleti and the Shrewsbury debacle of their own doing. 

They’re always the victims remember. 

Just now, Bert said:

They’re always the victims remember. 

I actually think Klopp is quite canny and irregardless of the size as Liverpool as a club, even after 30 years with a domestic league win, he still has them feeling like outliers, still has them believing they are underdogs for the sole reason of fostering a siege, them v us  mentality

Liverpool need to stay unbeaten for 6 more games to break the unbeaten league record set by Arsenal of 49 games.

Game 47 is Everton, that would be hilarious if it stopped there. Game 48 is Palace, they love a **** up against Palace. Man City is game 49!

As a point - has anyone noticed VAR might be stopping frames at the wrong time in close offsides to allow the goal? 

Since all the criticism they have had looked like they chose the wrong image. Of course I could be completely wrong.. 

Just thought Jesus looked offside but they chose the wrong frame to view. 

Plus Martial looked offside for his goal v Watford. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Liverpool will win the league this season obviously but will struggle next season the luck won’t carry on

You make your own luck. The fact that they've amassed 70 points, last years champions in 2nd 57 and us in 3rd just 50 is bugger all to do with luck or var, it means over the season they have been in every department,  players, skill and tactics, far superior to anyone else. Whether people like or dislike them they are the facts and it's churlish for anyone to even attempt to put it down to luck. If they can keep their players, add to them wisely and maintain motivation, they'll not be much different next year. Admittedly if Man City can get a defence they'll be back up there with them. We have to accept that we are a team in progress compared to those two who have been built up expensively over a few years now. We are actually ahead of where we could reasonably expect to be in reality and going well. Liverpool are an excellent team and offer a good model.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah they are the best team in the league but if they got the decisions against them they should have had, they’d be about 10 points ahead not whatever ridiculous amount it is now. It’s not ludicrous to put 5/6 of their wins down to luck or poor officiating.I

Its  just ,poor form and I believe quite pathetic,chasing down oppositions wins,or played down to luck or the officiating.

Then start some nonsense immature campaign,over it...( Then criticise the Media vor doing the same thing)...By the way,Not you..

Sorry I live on a different wave length.......from Another Time gone by.   Sitting with Tight arsed cheeks,waiting to Jump on every piece of play,forgetting

für other poor or dominant performance,over the whole game....its beyond me...

From all teams,I have seen them either get the Rub of the green, & then  be highly irritated by a call...

if you ask me,do I Think VAR officiating has been poor allround, answer would be No, its been pathetic..!!! Not the Technology But the PC correctness,not on

the incident itself,but more incorrect trying to Placate some 'old Boy' Political stance. Its The decisions that are therefore corruptly cheating the fans and the sport itself...Plus the VAR idea...

Do then then games,get lost or won by it...not IMO.  IE. our games against Villa in the cup,und Now against Man.city. Should we have had penalties,..Yes!!!

But they are just 'moments' in the game.!! We had other ' moments' where we should of scored..or got Away ourselves with fouls....!!

Swings n roundabouts,twists & turns,..karma. ...Bloody frustrating....but L'pool or ourselves have seen both sides of those descision....

Fans are just a bias load of schmuck..!!!

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

David Coote not on any refereeing duty at all this weekend. 

But that's only because he's 4th official for EFL Cup final. Swings and roundabouts lol

Have an absolute shocker one week then in charge of a final the week after 😂 they know how to take the p*** don’t they. Might miss a handball from Man City again. Maybe ederson could take grielish head off this week think a few people wouldn’t mind that 😂

49 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Have an absolute shocker one week then in charge of a final the week after 😂 they know how to take the p*** don’t they. Might miss a handball from Man City again. Maybe ederson could take grielish head off this week think a few people wouldn’t mind that 😂

He's 4th official. Hope Lee Mason doesn't get injured otherwise he will be in charge... 

10 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Tammy Abraham possibly injured again, limped out of the warm down after last nights game.

Bad for him but possibly good for us if he's to miss a couple more games of the run in

Not really . It will force Lampard to playGiroud who is a much better striker IMO

• Like 3

Wolves Supporters Club chairman Albert Bates declared ‘I would advised that fans just purchase the BT Sport package and watch it here. I think we are being fed information dampened down, and we’re not being told how serious this is. I think they should cancel the game, I don’t understand why you they haven’t to be honest’ 

Looks like Wolves have their own Cliff Ginetta 

Great if not unexpected news that Arsenal are out of the Europa League. Can't see any chance they make Europe through the Prem this season so that is going to hurt their recruitment big time in the summer. add to that players like Aubameyang (one of their few very good players) will want to leave, this could be the end of Arsenal as big 6  and more interestingly make us a more attractive destination (especially in ManCity ban is upheld) for good young players this summer.

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Great if not unexpected news that Arsenal are out of the Europa League. Can't see any chance they make Europe through the Prem this season so that is going to hurt their recruitment big time in the summer. add to that players like Aubameyang (one of their few very good players) will want to leave, this could be the end of Arsenal as big 6  and more interestingly make us a more attractive destination (especially in ManCity ban is upheld) for good young players this summer.

Last night was the epitome of 'Arsenaling it' lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FIF said:

How would Arsenal not being in Europe harm their recruitment big time. 

Come to Leicester because we're in Europe, here's 80 grand a week and a 5 year contract

Come to Arsenal, unfortunately we're not in Europe this year, but here's 250 grand a week , a 5 year contract and the chances are you'll be in Europe next season.

I know which i'd choose.