Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

2 years ago at the WC I thought Pickford was the dogs bollocks, now I just think he’s just bollocks. 

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

He’ll still start at the Euros and be just as wank

I think he plays better for England than he does for Everton.

That said, Henderson and Pope should be in contention for the number one spot too.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

So all the results went against us completely then 

Depends if you rate Everton, if they'd won they would be 2 points closer than arsenal are now.  I was worried when the gap was 15 and was told we we're finishing 2nd so no worries...now just a couple of weeks later its 9 points and we're 7 pts being 2nd.

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

At what point do we start looking over our shoulder? 

I got slaughtered for saying this the other week. 

We're 10 clear of 6th and 6 clear of 4th. We lost yesterday but didn't play badly. Wolves was a good point, they're a good side. Chelsea was a good point, though shit goals to concede. 

Our next games are Norwich, Villa, Watford, Brighton. We should be looking to take at least 8 points from those games and that's me predicting a draw at Norwich.

Chelsea's next games are Bournemouth, Everton, Villa, Man City. I'd predict similar points for them.

I choose to remain optimistic. We created a clear cut chance against Manchester City so I believe we'll do the same against Norwich, who will be more open than Wolves were. It's easy to predict we'll lose here and there but also consider the other teams have to win their games, while playing each other too. Manchester United's next games are Everton, Manchester City, Spurs and Sheffield Utd. They are all sides around us (apart from Everton).

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Norwich will probably play a blinder this weekend as it’s us

Tbf I don't think they are bad attacking and going forward but they can't defend. I can see us getting on the scoresheet there.

I'm more concerned with how much they seemed to dive, time waste and cheat against us earlier in the season.

Edited by Fox92

Guest An Sionnach

To be honest we should win all four of those games, defensively we are looking OK except the lack of height at set pieces . Fuchs or Bennett should help a lot there so a back three may be necessary while Wilf is on the sick. However we simply have to put it in the net . Four 1-0 victories would do me.

I haven’t been to confined on us getting any results last few weeks and picked up points against Chelsea wolves and only just lost to Man City when is things had gone our way we may have got a point or even won. I actually think we could get a win on Friday now if we play how we did yesterday would like to see wilf back but would prob go for the same team if he isn’t and nacho is fit. A win on Friday and Utd lose and spurs wolves draw we could be in a nice position again 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf I don't think they are bad attacking and going forward but they can't defend. I can see us getting on the scoresheet there.

I'm more concerned with how much they seemed to dive, time waste and cheat against us earlier in the season.

Standard tactics of a side that plays for a point to be fair. Sit back, sit deep, contain, hit on the break, then add a lot of gamesmanship and it becomes effective for that side that chooses to play like that. Gets the opposition (us in this case) very frustrated.

Norwich had a lot of joy against us because we played that diamond and left loads of space in the channels for them to counter. We learnt our lesson and really ought to have got all 3 points at home but it was the start of a very inconsistent spell for us. Anyway, I think we will shut off that space against them on friday and we will be too strong for them. 

So from looking to comfortably cruise to the 3rd spot champions league qualification we are now in the not so comfy position of clenching our collective buttocks and hoping and praying for points in our next round of games. Thanks a lot Lcfc! I really hope we don’t spectacularly blow our 3rd spot league position that will be an epic failure as spectacular as our 1st half of the season race to the top.

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s taken me almost 10 years, but I’ve finally realised this forum is full of idiots lol 

Complaining because we’re 3rd, with a young team, a new manager, not much spent in the summer, nothing spent in January, homegrown academy players in the starting line up and the club making great profit while building a world class training centre and planning a stadium expansion. 

The world has gone mad. 

Well stated. Nice to know there are at least two people on this forum that aren't idiots.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s taken me almost 10 years, but I’ve finally realised this forum is full of idiots lol 

Complaining because we’re 3rd, with a young team, a new manager, not much spent in the summer, nothing spent in January, homegrown academy players in the starting line up and the club making great profit while building a world class training centre and planning a stadium expansion. 

The world has gone mad. 

World-class straw man there.

I'd put money on Vardy to net against Norwich. They are seriously awful at the back. For our second goal there were three Wolves players queueing up to tap it in from 3 yards out. Norwich passed it around nice for the first 15 mins until we woke up but then we didn't even need to get out of 2nd gear. And you lot score more goals than us. Once that second goal went in you could see their heads drop. And the commentary mentioned they looked like an alteady relegated team. 

Barnes should start for you lot too. I like him a lot. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The world has gone mad. 

I think you mean despite rather than because. Although there is nothing unreasonable about complaining that we didn't spend anything in January. Why do you think that's a positive thing?

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Next week is really important. Wolves play Spurs and United play Everton. Let’s hope for two draws and we pick up the win. 

I’m not too worried about the first two, Spurs in particular are massively inconsistent and will struggle without a goal scorer.

Everton are too far back.

Man Utd do worry me slightly because they seem to be putting a bit of a run together and are getting every break going.  After Maguire’s assault last week they should have been without him for three games, a disallowed goal that was no worse than two that have been awarded to Delli Ali etc etc.

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

So from looking to comfortably cruise to the 3rd spot champions league qualification we are now in the not so comfy position of clenching our collective buttocks and hoping and praying for points in our next round of games. Thanks a lot Lcfc! I really hope we don’t spectacularly blow our 3rd spot league position that will be an epic failure as spectacular as our 1st half of the season race to the top.

We may have lost 3 points and 4 GD on Manure and Wolves yesterday but we'd need to do that another 3 times in the final 11 game days in order to even worry about losing 4th. We've just completed our most difficult run of games of the season and now we have a month of "lighter opponents" and we're playing good football again. 

Let's see where we are at the end of March compared to Manure and and thothers before we panic. 

We have the 3rd best team in the league and I think the final standings will show that.

Just seen the Burnley Bournemouth highlights

It's odd you don't see more protests from managers and back from clubs. I feel Bournemouth would've been justified in pulling their players after the penalty, telling the ref to look at it himself so there is at least some level of accountability on the field and if not walk off, take the 3-0 forfeit w/a fine and clap their fans off in the corner. They lost 3-0 despite taking the lead and pulling it back to 1-1 anyway lol

Absolutely absurd implementation of this technology. You have to remember this is a League and ultimately if the Clubs show some backbone and take it to the FA/EPL/PGMOL themselves in a group they should be able to iron out VAR into a more sensible operation, mid-season or not. Because it seems more of a social experiment at the moment, I'm sure slightly masochistic neutrals enjoy it for all the absurdity but ultimately the League will look Mickey Mouse if it continues season after season. Video Assistant Referee is a simple premise and just another development of the beautiful game, we've been watching TV coverage for generations now, you've always had good refs and bad refs, always had dodgy decisions, it was all there on the screen for everyone to see and that simple premise is what VAR should be, backed up by the rules of the game and precision of pro referees; it shouldnt take more than a minute to make any accurate decision in play.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'd put money on Vardy to net against Norwich. They are seriously awful at the back. For our second goal there were three Wolves players queueing up to tap it in from 3 yards out. Norwich passed it around nice for the first 15 mins until we woke up but then we didn't even need to get out of 2nd gear. And you lot score more goals than us. Once that second goal went in you could see their heads drop. And the commentary mentioned they looked like an alteady relegated team. 

Barnes should start for you lot too. I like him a lot. 

Barnes could easily be the top scorer in the league this season. Had a lot of chances. Exciting player though. I think we’ll run out comfortable winners. 

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That is pretty grim reading for them

It's ****ing retarded though, it's literally all the same money. 

The same family owns the airline, the the emirate, its all the same money from the same source. 

• Like 1