Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Arsenal Players agree 12.5% wage cut but will be reimbursed of they qualify for CL next season or season after. 

Then get paid £500k each if the win the 2021 CL lol lol lol Arsenal board have done well there. Not a chance they'll win it. 

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Pretty much. Chelsea's spending when they first did it relative to the competition would be relative to Newcastle spending probably £700mil this summer. That's a guess but it'll be something stupid like that as like you say everyone's now got money. The game's moved on from any club being able to simply buy their way to a top, especially in England.

I agree as well, I think it's quite likely they go up the 'make a statement' route, bring in a couple of completely overpriced, average players and don't do anything. It took Man City I think 4 years under their current owners to win the league. It doesn't happen overnight, or in Everton's case, ever.

I'd bet very good money we finish above them next season.

If they intend to spend big and make a statement,why are they still haggling over the asking price?Of course Ashley could be just being an awkward sod right to the death.You would think he’d cut and run.I’m only parroting what I’ve read in various papers btw.Does seem a bit fishy though.

On 15/04/2020 at 20:27, Ric Flair said:

The wealth of these Newcastle potential owners means very little whilst FFP is in place, whether that soon changes given the current economic turmoil but until then there's only so much they can do. That said Newcastle already have half decent sponsorship and revenue streams and no doubt they will increase which can increase the ability to spend on players etc. Still a bunch of neanderthals though.

We don't.

You're right about FFP restrictions on wages causing us problems, but in terms of what we're allowed to spend on player fees, we're fine and dandy to spend hundreds of millions. We won't and shouldn't. We should take a measured approach, spend on the facilities, spend on the academy, improve the squad and get a decent manager. Sure, make a statement signing, but we can't attract the elite players, not even the next level down. We won't be close to challenging for Champions League spots for years, even with everything done right. So the top players won't come. 

Conflicted about the new owners, it's an horrific regime and they should be held accountable for their actions. But by the governments and journalists, Newcastle fans shouldn't be expected to take a moral stand when those with actual power have welcomed the House of Saud instead.  On the other side of the coin, I'm excited about the club's potential and after 13 years of watching my club atrophy I'm hopeful of seeing my club reborn.

19 minutes ago, TheFish said:

We don't.

You're right about FFP restrictions on wages causing us problems, but in terms of what we're allowed to spend on player fees, we're fine and dandy to spend hundreds of millions. We won't and shouldn't. We should take a measured approach, spend on the facilities, spend on the academy, improve the squad and get a decent manager. Sure, make a statement signing, but we can't attract the elite players, not even the next level down. We won't be close to challenging for Champions League spots for years, even with everything done right. So the top players won't come. 

Conflicted about the new owners, it's an horrific regime and they should be held accountable for their actions. But by the governments and journalists, Newcastle fans shouldn't be expected to take a moral stand when those with actual power have welcomed the House of Saud instead.  On the other side of the coin, I'm excited about the club's potential and after 13 years of watching my club atrophy I'm hopeful of seeing my club reborn.

Of all the clubs out there, I’m happy for you lot that you will have mega wealthy owners ...... it’s a tough one re the moral side though ......

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well spotted, record both then. Can’t work out how I’ve still got sky sports yet I paused it.

Even if you’re pausing it they’re keeping the channel on. Which begs the question as to why they just couldn’t have paused it for everyone anyway? lol 

Got both on record 👌🏼

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well spotted, record both then. Can’t work out how I’ve still got sky sports yet I paused it.

I thought it works because they aren't live games.

Actually I've just read the terms:

Why can I still watch Sky Sports or BT Sport on my Sky box if I’ve paused my subscription?
We’re just pausing your payments – not your access to those channels. That means you can still watch any Sky Sports or BT Sport channels you’re subscribed to, including any recordings, even while your subscription is paused.

Edited by Fox92

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Naming the stadium .... spurs are going for a ten year 250m deal.  Newcastle will be able to justify 30m-40m /annum just for stadium naming rights. There will be plenty more dodgy sponsorship deals which will have to be accepted by the FFP authorities.....

You know what’s coming.  (Especially with relaxation of FFP likely after COVID.)  Every page in this playbook is already written.

NewRobson.PNG.202c8e5ca6d57d92a73d5cdc13283ebb.PNG

AStM.JPG.a76f54f5fff7165362caf8d10866320e.JPG

17 minutes ago, KingsX said:

You know what’s coming.  (Especially with relaxation of FFP likely after COVID.)  Every page in this playbook is already written.

NewRobson.PNG.202c8e5ca6d57d92a73d5cdc13283ebb.PNG

AStM.JPG.a76f54f5fff7165362caf8d10866320e.JPG

Not with oil currently trading at about 25 dollars a barrel and Elon musk currently trying to take over the world

Edited by yorkie1999