Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Been commented in the league suspended thread ...... maybe we can merge the two for the time being ????

Good idea.

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Wouldn't those payments be coming from Rennes?

Seems like its up the club buying to pay the sell on fees....

Maybe that will be our excuse though.

As I say its not the first time we've had such allegations against us.

Probably like most clubs the Pozzos try to get around the rules I think!

Edited by Super_horns

On 24/04/2020 at 16:30, Walkers said:

This is what I mean lol Both I imagine are uninspiring but with Bruce and his extra points its all just luck?

Not just luck, but there are great big wedges of luck peppered through our season. We've benefited from VAR a lot, and also avoided punishment for some things that should have been picked up by VAR.

I think Dubravka has made more saves than any other 'keeper in the Premier League, we've been indebted to him. That doesn't speak well of Bruce's gameplan. There's a huge difference between playing negatively and poorly, and playing negatively and well. 

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Players booked for spitting ?

Be interesting to see how that goes !

it’s endemic in professional sport, especially football.  There’s no chance that players will be able to stop themselves in the short term and really it’s the short term that matters. 

but more Importantly, players will be tested so their spit shouldn’t be an issue anyway ......

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Players booked for spitting ?

Be interesting to see how that goes !

Spitting managers should get sent to the stands. Alex Ferguson was one of the worse but I notice quite a few current ones have the filthy habit. No need for it. 

• Like 1

It's one of the most bizarre things about the sport, you don't see anywhere near as much in Rugby yet they're practically knocking the snot out of eachother anyway.

There must be an ocean of spittle under most football stadiums, maybe after we've all died of Coronavirus they'll dig up all of the phlem to use in creating a group of super players to bring in the new age. Bruce Gobberlaar to lift the trophy when Spittlepool win enough games, come 2046

Edited by Jaspa

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

:@

That would be awful for the game, but it's obvious why the big clubs are pushing so hard for it. Many of the established elite are scared after seeing what teams like Chelsea and Man City have achieved with significant investment. It's not so much about these new "power" teams winning trophies but more that they are stealing potential revenue from that established elite. Look at AC Milan as a club that have gone from being literally one of the best teams in the history of European football to also-rans that are a huge embarrassment compared to their former glories. The biggest teams look at that and are frightened it could happen to them too. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-could-use-21944290

Premier League clubs 'could use sanitising tunnels to get fans back into stadiums'
The Premier League has been suspended since early March but new technology designed in Hong Kong could help fans return to games

BySam Meade
09:42, 29 APR 2020UPDATED10:11, 29 APR 2020

Premier League football fans could soon return thanks to "CLeanTech" pods that have been developed for a Hong Kong exhibition centre.

The three- in-one disinfection machine was created to help the AsiaWorld-Expo centre host upcoming events.

And now football chiefs are discussing the idea of using the technology to help fans attend once games return.

The technology sees individuals walk through a pod before entering any given venue.

Fans would stand in front of the technology which would take their temperature and deem whether they are well enough proceed.

0_Screen-Shot-2020-04-29-at-091426.jpg

This process takes 12 seconds to complete.

The centre in Hong Kong is due to hold an Avril Lavigne concert on May 24 and will house 16,000 people.

Using such technology at football stadiums would be challenging but could help with the return of fixtures, claims The Sun.

That CL thing is a joke if it goes through.

In other minor news, don't expect to see Chelsea extending their stadium any time soon...

https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/scrapped-whistle-blown-on-herzog-and-de-meurons-chelsea-stadium/10046964.article?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=LinkedIn#Echobox=1588153180

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Back to the mardy bastards on the Tyne.... reports suggesting they’re willing to pay Potch £19m a year. I’d never wish bad luck on any club but I seriously hope this falls through.... it’s a complete joke if these schemers end up owning a premier league club.

Haven't read too much about them but has any specific wrongdoing been proven against the prospective owners? Or is the uproar basically due to their human rights record etc.. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52440999

Another stupid barrel scrapping article on the best players outside 'the big 6' in premier league history, as if Leeds and Newcastle have been worse than last season's top 6 since the beginning of time. Gary Speed, David Batty and Tim Cahill regularly finished ahead of the likes of Spurs in their careers 

23 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Haven't read too much about them but has any specific wrongdoing been proven against the prospective owners? Or is the uproar basically due to their human rights record etc.. 

I mean they dismembered a journalist in Turkey 18 months ago if you class that as wrongdoing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Another stupid barrel scrapping article on the best players outside 'the big 6' in premier league history, as if Leeds and Newcastle have been worse than last season's top 6 since the beginning of time. Gary Speed, David Batty and Tim Cahill regularly finished ahead of the likes of Spurs in their careers 

They have missed a load of names on their as well. I guess being the BBC they have to try and incorporate as many clubs as possible in their selection. 

Le Tissier will be number 1 I am sure they will go for. Speed will be number 2 great ex pro they will say. Vardy 3 I reckon they will go for. 

Personally would go Vardy 1, not just because played for us. But not only he has been our top scorer and  kept us in the premier league and he has also won the league with a club outside of the big 6. 

1 minute ago, Unique FC said:

They have missed a load of names on their as well. I guess being the BBC they have to try and incorporate as many clubs as possible in their selection. 

Le Tissier will be number 1 I am sure they will go for. Speed will be number 2 great ex pro they will say. Vardy 3 I reckon they will go for. 

Personally would go Vardy 1, not just because played for us. But not only he has been our top scorer and  kept us in the premier league and he has also won the league with a club outside of the big 6. 

Not forgetting is 11 in heaven....

36 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Why is Alan Shearer not on that list, a shoo in for No1 place?

Edited by Gerard

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-could-use-21944290

Premier League clubs 'could use sanitising tunnels to get fans back into stadiums'
The Premier League has been suspended since early March but new technology designed in Hong Kong could help fans return to games

BySam Meade
09:42, 29 APR 2020UPDATED10:11, 29 APR 2020

Premier League football fans could soon return thanks to "CLeanTech" pods that have been developed for a Hong Kong exhibition centre.

The three- in-one disinfection machine was created to help the AsiaWorld-Expo centre host upcoming events.

And now football chiefs are discussing the idea of using the technology to help fans attend once games return.

The technology sees individuals walk through a pod before entering any given venue.

Fans would stand in front of the technology which would take their temperature and deem whether they are well enough proceed.

0_Screen-Shot-2020-04-29-at-091426.jpg

This process takes 12 seconds to complete.

The centre in Hong Kong is due to hold an Avril Lavigne concert on May 24 and will house 16,000 people.

Using such technology at football stadiums would be challenging but could help with the return of fixtures, claims The Sun.

more media crap ?

if you have a temp then you can be checked that with the pointy thermometer thing as you approach the stadium.

if you have the virus but aren’t showing any symptoms yet (or are asymptomatic) then this pod will do nothing apart from disinfecting you and your clothes when you’re in it. Thereafter, you are still infectious. And it’s simply not workable with big crowds.

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1