Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

35 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Akinbiyi for £7m.

I'll laugh. 

The story at the time was that Wolves asked for £3.5mill and Taylor said nah he was worth at least £5mill 

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Only if they're from the same household. Otherwise it's 2m apart. So unless they've moved in together it's breaking social distancing.  

The 2m is for general out and about. You should not be meeting anyone outside your house unless it’s at your workplace. So even if they stay 2m apart, they should only be doing that once spurs re open their training base. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Bear said:

Akinbiyi for £7m.

I'll laugh. 

Feel sorry for old Ade, yes he wasnt the greatest player but he chipped in a few goals and tried relatively hard.

His price tag was criminal but that's more that clown Taylor's fault.

We had a lot of worse players, Junior Lewis god knows but 1p too much, Lee Marshall 1m,  Matt Jones injured never played 4m, Trevor Benjamin 1m just a few! We had some truly tragic players over the years!

Brian Carey and Michael  Trotter 😃

Edited by Foxin_Mad

24 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Feel sorry for old Ade, yes he wasnt the greatest player but he chipped in a few goals and tried relatively hard.

We had a lot of worse players, Junior Lewis god knows but 1p too much, Lee Marshall 1m,  Matt Jones injured never played 4m, Trevor Benjamin 1m just a few! We had some truly tragic players over the years!

Brian Carey, Michael Trotter didn't cost us much and were all we could afford so served their purpose the others you mention were outrageous errors of judgement, we could have got better players for the same money and cost us a large slice of the Heskey money that's should and could have been used to take us to  next level.

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Matt Jones did actually play a few games and even scored in one (Middlesboro, I think). Was disturbing to see his somersault celebration given his injury record. 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

eadie

clemence

injurys galore

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Brian Carey, Michael Trotter didn't cost us much and were all we could afford so served their purpose the others you mention were outrageous errors of judgement, we could have got better players for the same money and cost us a large slice of the Heskey money that's should and could have been used to take us to  next level.

Very true, Carey was so slow and had a turning circle larger that a Citybus! 

They did a job at the time as did the likes of Coatsworth, Willis, Phil Gee etc. I think Mark Draper was about the first 'big name' player we got in that era. They wernt talented but gave 100%.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Matt Jones did actually play a few games and even scored in one (Middlesboro, I think). Was disturbing to see his somersault celebration given his injury record. 

He was quite useful in fairness, a shame the blades of grass got him injured!

26 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

eadie

clemence

injurys galore

Still now with Matty James!

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I know they're not PL but this encompasses some of their time there. Basically Stoke have never had a better cumulative GD of -2 lol lol

Tbf couldn't this also be a good thing as if they spent more time in the lower leagues then it is likely their cumulative goal difference would be positive, so it's probably partially indicative of them punching above their weight. For example, if Villa stay up this season and have ten more identical seasons their cumulative goal difference would be diabolical but they would have been in the PL all those seasons. 

On 21/04/2020 at 13:25, Walkers said:

I don't really mind Newcastle but part of me would really like this to go horribly wrong just for their fans and their rotten attitude. Bruce has done a good job this season, more points than Benitez ever had at this stage I think I might be right in saying and when you put that to the fans they're just like yeah but we've just been lucky. They're a weird bunch. And really they have spent some money the last few years. It may have been a bit up and down but aren't they at the same level as when Ashley took over?

Bruce has done an all right job, and yes he has more points than Benitez did at the stage, but then Benitez' side finished very strongly and Bruce's boys could well fall short of that fairly modest target. The additional comment about being lucky does hold water to be fair. By almost every metric we've played terrible football this season; goals, shots, shots on target, xG, xGA, number of saves required, possession and so on and so forth. We deserved nowt from our games against Chelsea and Everton and yet came away with 4 unlikely points.

We are nowhere near the level we were pre-Ashley. We were regularly in European competitions, regularly competing in the latter stages of the domestic cups. Since he took over it's regularly in relegation scraps, two relegations, only once getting past the 4th round of the FA Cup. Couple that with the state of things off the pitch and we've been neglected by Ashley since he took over. Little to no investment in the Academy, the Training Ground, the Stadium, let alone the squad. Our commerical revenue was comparable to Spurs before MA took us over, now we're ligth years behind them. 

On 21/04/2020 at 13:30, Walkers said:

Maybe, but is that solely Ashley's fault? The fans would have you believe it. Their squad seems generally dross, i'd say they outperform themselves every year

Not solely his fault, but the buck stops with him. He appointed Dennis Wise as DoF, who then signed players on loan based on youtube clips (which lead to Keegan quitting and winning a case for Unfair Dismissal), he appointed Joe Kinnear, twice. He appointed Keegan and Shearer, inexplicably. He sacked Hughton who was doing a good job in trying circumstances. He ordered the dismantling of the squad that got us out of the Championship as Champions at the first time of asking.. I could go on. The current squad players are limited, on the whole, and we've been fortunate in quite a few games.

On 21/04/2020 at 17:17, Walkers said:

I don't recall them being particularly inspiring under Benitez tbf, especially against us

Not inspiring, but executing an effective plan.

Surely it's accepted that we (as live spectators) aren't not gonna be watching the rest of this season now? Anyone aware of what's happening with refunds or whatever, surely they should be starting to get it sorted now, it's nearly May.

EDIT: Looks like I've missed an email. If games aren't able to be played with us there, we either get a refund or money off next seasons ST?

Edited by Leicester_Loyal