Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

17 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I wouldn’t want to lose, Schmeichel, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Evans, Chilwell, Youri, Ndidi, Praet, Maddison, Barnes or Vardy all the rest could go without me shedding a tear

I stated Evans and Ricardo were the two I'd most hate to lose. They are the two real kinds of players that other teams don't have and give us our edge over others. Barring VVD, who has really dipped in form recently, I'd say Evans is the best marshal of a defence in the league. Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc would all kill to have someone like him in their backline. And Ricardo is Ricardo.

The rest of the ones you mentioned - barring Ndidi - there are better players in those positions dotted around the league. 

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I stated Evans and Ricardo were the two I'd most hate to lose. They are the two real kinds of players that other teams don't have and give us our edge over others. Barring VVD, who has really dipped in form recently, I'd say Evans is the best marshal of a defence in the league. Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc would all kill to have someone like him in their backline. And Ricardo is Ricardo.

The rest of the ones you mentioned - barring Ndidi - there are better players in those positions dotted around the league. 

If you want a laugh, try telling a Man U fan that Evans was far better than Maguire last season. We know it's the truth but they can't accept that any player can get better after leaving them.

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Can't disagree with Evans. I love him, best centre half I've seen at the club.

Although I think Man City will be better once Laporte is back a fit. That's been an issue with them this season. Along wih VVD I think he's the best centre half in the league.

But I'd certainly put Evans in the next bracket down after those two. I think he should be our captain (when Morgan doesn't play).

35 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

What

With Finners on this. Maybe not so much this particular comments (though still managing to play the victim a bit) but he completely misses the mark when trying to talk about delicate subjects.

Talking about how pathetic racism fines are which I'm sure the majority agree with, then says it's as much as he spends on a night out... Hardly makes people sympathise.

And his comments on mental health couldn't be further out of touch with people who have long term issues.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I hate Danny Rose so much. He's probably got one of the top five worst attitudes of any Premiership footballer. He's definitely the most out of touch by a distance. 

recently made a big donation to a n London hospital .......didn’t seek any exposure but it came out anyway .....I think he’s an honest good fella who has issues with his mental health .......

On 03/04/2020 at 12:54, Danizen said:

If you want a laugh, try telling a Man U fan that Evans was far better than Maguire last season. We know it's the truth but they can't accept that any player can get better after leaving them.

I live up north - as name suggests - and I know a United fan who was giving it large that they bought Maguire off us. He soon changed his tune. 

On 03/04/2020 at 09:27, fox_up_north said:

There isn't another Jamie Vardy 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Bear said:

Liverpool the latest to furlough staff at the government and taxpayers expense. 

Shameful scouse bastards. 

not sure john henry or anyone making the decisions is actually scouse, btw 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Wayne Rooney has made a good few points on the situation here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52172196

And he’s absolutely right.

I’m baffled that people are so adamant that millionaire players should have to give up a large part of their salary (which they will) and perfectly fine with billionaire owners giving next to nothing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I’m baffled that people are so adamant that millionaire players should have to give up a large part of their salary (which they will) and perfectly fine with billionaire owners giving next to nothing.

Lineker mentioned it too that Footballers seem to be an easy target.

There's always the argument of players earning too much money and whilst there is a lot of wild excess amongst certain players the game is really as good a meritocracy as you will find in any walk of life.

Anyone who is playing within the 4 top leagues in Europe has to stand out amongst a very high amount of players. It's overlooked by the big finances available but it can be argued making it in Football with the amount of players involved warrants some bit of a reward.

43 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

A lot of us have already taken cuts so I don’t know what he is trying to say to be honest... 

"Louise, who is studying criminology at Manchester Metropolitan University, said: ‘I got a message from my boss saying a high-profile client was looking for somebody classy’"

...but she's self isolating so you'll do.

• Haha 1