Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Aurier and Sissoko videoed disregarding social distancing; which would be the 3rd set of Spurs players to do so. Surely at this point the FA has to step in and give some kind of punishment? If they're stupid enough to break social distancing then don't be complete morons and post it online. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

I don't really mind Newcastle but part of me would really like this to go horribly wrong just for their fans and their rotten attitude. Bruce has done a good job this season, more points than Benitez ever had at this stage I think I might be right in saying and when you put that to the fans they're just like yeah but we've just been lucky. They're a weird bunch. And really they have spent some money the last few years. It may have been a bit up and down but aren't they at the same level as when Ashley took over?

To be fair to their fans views, they have been lucky. Virtually all statistics in terms of performance have them bottom, but the defence has held out enough then scored enough to see them just about safe.

I'm not sure they'll be as fortunate next season if they play the same way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

To be fair to their fans views, they have been lucky. Virtually all statistics in terms of performance have them bottom, but the defence has held out enough then scored enough to see them just about safe.

I'm not sure they'll be as fortunate next season if they play the same way.

I don't recall them being particularly inspiring under Benitez tbf, especially against us

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Aurier and Sissoko videoed disregarding social distancing; which would be the 3rd set of Spurs players to do so. Surely at this point the FA has to step in and give some kind of punishment? If they're stupid enough to break social distancing then don't be complete morons and post it online. 

Shut down their trophy cabinet display?

13 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

No but raising the fact they sold us their best player is. 

Besides, when are we gonna get off Perez’s back for not being Mahrez... 

that’s another discussion to be had tho. 

I like Perez but that doesn't mean he's a 30m quid right winger, like Ricardo isn't a 30m quid goalkeeper

Also on the Newcastle takeover, it's tough given Mike Ashley is a belle d but I'd rather be in League 2 than be a sportswashing soft power tool for the Saudis

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

No but raising the fact they sold us their best player is. 

Besides, when are we gonna get off Perez’s back for not being Mahrez... 

that’s another discussion to be had tho. 

He's bang average. That's my opinion.

I'm not on his back for playing out of position or not being mahrez. In fact, I'm not on his back at all. 

He is what he is. An average player. 

In any position.

Not top 4 material but that isn't his fault.

And at least he tries hard.

Edited by Toddybad
  • Haha 1

On 20/04/2020 at 17:38, Corky said:

We also get the world telling everyone how to follow their club, at the time from the comfort of not being in that position. 

Fans have absolutely no say in who takes over their club apart from few cases lower down the league such as Portsmouth and Exeter. Now you'll always get some who do not care where the money comes from as long as it brings success, but others may be welcoming the cash but not the source. 

But I challenge anyone to just give up following the club, as was suggested yesterday on the radio. A football club isn't a shop or takeaway outlet, you don't just lose interest or refuse to go and feel nothing after it.

I completely understand the concerns of people about the takeover group, I also understand why Newcastle fans would welcome a change. Until the league brings in measures about who invests beyond mere financial issues, this is what will continue to happen.

Let's just hope we're never faced with it.

Where would you draw the line? What is and isn't acceptable to you and your family?

On 20/04/2020 at 17:38, Corky said:

But I challenge anyone to just give up following the club, as was suggested yesterday on the radio. A football club isn't a shop or takeaway outlet, you don't just lose interest or refuse to go and feel nothing after it.

Plenty of them have managed it with Mike Ashley. A Newcastle supporting mate genuinely refuses to talk to me because I pointed this out to him when he said he can't just stop caring about Newcastle. Now he's running back, all ecstatic, despite the fact they're about to become a propaganda tool for a country that doesn't realise human rights exist. 

Newcastle’s takeover means little in the grand scheme of things. If you go on owners net worth Man City should piss every season. I can’t believe Ashley is selling the club to genuine people, they’re probably a couple of local cabbies taking the piss and actually don’t have two bob between them but he’s that desperate to rid himself of the club he will fetch his own pants down in the process. The fact that there are concerns regarding the take over should set the alarm bells ringing early doors.

So 'if' the EPL is not completed, Arsenal may be given a UCL place (despite currently lying 9th) - 'if' UEFA choose to award places in next season's competition based upon their co-efficient basis.    Seems fair?

Surely they can at least arrange for the games in hand to be played if they cancel the league. Man City, Arsenal, Sheff Utd and Aston Villa deserve to at least play as many games as the rest of them. This way if Sheff Utd and Arsenal don't win their game in hand there will be no controversy about losing out on CL and EL, and if Aston Villa lose some of the unfairness about their relegation is mitigated.

14 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (not living in the UK at the moment) but isn't two people exercising together legal?

58 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (not living in the UK at the moment) but isn't two people exercising together legal?

Only if they're from the same household. Otherwise it's 2m apart. So unless they've moved in together it's breaking social distancing.  

8 hours ago, Desabafar said:

is this possible

This would be hugely funny.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Surely they can at least arrange for the games in hand to be played if they cancel the league. Man City, Arsenal, Sheff Utd and Aston Villa deserve to at least play as many games as the rest of them. This way if Sheff Utd and Arsenal don't win their game in hand there will be no controversy about losing out on CL and EL, and if Aston Villa lose some of the unfairness about their relegation is mitigated.

Unfortunately UEFA said a few weeks back that entry into their competitions was predicated on final standings after completion of a full season. Think that's just in the general rules rather than being a specific got now thing.

• Like 1