Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Not with oil currently trading at about 25 dollars a barrel and Elon musk currently trying to take over the world

And the Saudi sovereign wealth fund that's supposed to fund the NUFC buy holds over a quarter of a trillion dollars.

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

And the Saudi sovereign wealth fund that's supposed to fund the NUFC buy holds over a quarter of a trillion dollars.

Yes, I think too many are a bit relaxed about this regarding the chances that Newcastle could become a big player. If they choose the right people to run the club then they have every chance.  That’s tough though money won’t be an issue !

8 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

that yan valery story is ****ing mental cant be true surely

Obviously we don’t really know, but can’t help but think there must be some element of truth here.

For one, it’s an accusation against someone who’s not that famous when it comes to Premier League footballers.

There’s also a reasonable amount of detail to the claims as well - which if nothing else gives off the feeling that there’s something to answer for. 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes, I think too many are a bit relaxed about this regarding the chances that Newcastle could become a big player. If they choose the right people to run the club then they have every chance.  That’s tough though money won’t be an issue !

Although they are paying half to Mike Ashley in instalments, and only half up front.

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Obviously we don’t really know, but can’t help but think there must be some element of truth here.

For one, it’s an accusation against someone who’s not that famous when it comes to Premier League footballers.

There’s also a reasonable amount of detail to the claims as well - which if nothing else gives off the feeling that there’s something to answer for. 

Yeah I wasn’t sure with myself but there seems to be quite a bit of information shared to give it plausibility  

Wonder what happens with the fact she's released it in to the public even though there's a NDA in place?

(I know this isn't the main point of the story, but we don't know what's true and what isn't so don't want to speculate further).

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah I wasn’t sure with myself but there seems to be quite a bit of information shared to give it plausibility  

The big question mark I have is around the supposed ‘method’.

Medical abortion traditionally uses two pills and my reading of the standard method suggests they’re fairly chunky and   wouldn’t be the easiest to dissolve in water - especially in a way that was disguised (imagine there would be signs such as taste). 

May do some further checks on dark web to see what other ‘options’ might be available?

32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wonder what happens with the fact she's released it in to the public even though there's a NDA in place?

(I know this isn't the main point of the story, but we don't know what's true and what isn't so don't want to speculate further).

Obviously the suggestion that there is a NDA is also conjecture.

Or it might not be an NDA - it could be that the police have told her she can’t go public because she’d endanger any prospect of a trial.

I suspect it’s that, not an NDA.

But at this stage - while knowledge levels are at comparatively low levels, I suspect not much will come of this. 

You might think Valery might wish to press charges in an effort to prove his innocence, but the danger for him with that is the original accusation actually becomes wider spread - and as you note from the twitter comments people make judgements regardless of due process.

On the flip side prosecution (against Valery), looks a difficult case to prove in terms of finding irrefutable evidence.

For one, the police would need to find evidence that Valery obtained or purchased a drug that could cause a failed pregnancy (possible, but also something that could be easily concealed). 

But additionally, if it got to court the Crown would also need to prove that he’d prepared and gave those drugs to the woman without her express permission/ knowledge. 

She would also face tough questions - why didn’t she notice the water looking / tasting ‘different’? 

If he did admit giving her a drug after she drank the water as was claimed... why didn’t she get her pregnancy immediately checked out?

So yeah - overall there’s potentially some questions to answer here on both sides.

But my guess is, not much will happen, this will linger as a small and underground accusation against Valery, but that in the most part people will have moved onto another rummor come tomorrow morning. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Although they are paying half to Mike Ashley in instalments, and only half up front.

wouldn’t you ?

i mean you can have all the clauses you like in the contract but if you just don’t trust the guy and you’re the only game in town then he probably has no choice but to take the deal on offer with the current global crisis ongoing ......  being able to sue him afterwards if things become apparent that weren’t disclosed wouldn’t be top of my wish list ...... you’d probably find out he only actually has assets of a garden shed and the rest is in other people’s names etc etc ! 

8 hours ago, Corky said:

Watched BBC One earlier and have probably found where Sean Dyche's one-man crusade against all the ills of football began.

Juninho, 1997, Old Trafford.

And don't forget the "goal" Chesterfield scored that wasn't seen.

Little team undone by officials against big team .

33 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It'll only cater for a small minority with just single households allowed in each car, the car parks can't that many and even if the could the view would be crap at the back.

Nah definitely not for me, I'd sooner watch it at home.

Find the blue tick outrage at Newcastle takeover very superficial. It's not to do with their morals it's to do with not wanting a club threatening the establishment. You've only got to see the different reactions when Manchester United were linked with a similar regime.

• Like 1

We also get the world telling everyone how to follow their club, at the time from the comfort of not being in that position. 

Fans have absolutely no say in who takes over their club apart from few cases lower down the league such as Portsmouth and Exeter. Now you'll always get some who do not care where the money comes from as long as it brings success, but others may be welcoming the cash but not the source. 

But I challenge anyone to just give up following the club, as was suggested yesterday on the radio. A football club isn't a shop or takeaway outlet, you don't just lose interest or refuse to go and feel nothing after it.

I completely understand the concerns of people about the takeover group, I also understand why Newcastle fans would welcome a change. Until the league brings in measures about who invests beyond mere financial issues, this is what will continue to happen.

Let's just hope we're never faced with it.

• Like 3

I think the last couple of years and certainly this virus have made me change my feelings on football and the owners/ authorities in particular.

If we got taken over by a nasty regime or some dodgy oil baron, I do think it would make me question the club and certainly hope for fans to voice their concerns. 

I'm not sure how I would've felt if our new owners were of this ilk. I can certainly understand that the Newcastle fans are just desperate to be rid of Ashley. 

All I know is that we're so lucky to have the owners we do and that our owners chose us. 

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 2

I don't really mind Newcastle but part of me would really like this to go horribly wrong just for their fans and their rotten attitude. Bruce has done a good job this season, more points than Benitez ever had at this stage I think I might be right in saying and when you put that to the fans they're just like yeah but we've just been lucky. They're a weird bunch. And really they have spent some money the last few years. It may have been a bit up and down but aren't they at the same level as when Ashley took over?

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Selling Perez for £30 million and spending £40 million on Joelinton rather than £20 million a piece on two domestic promising talents is where they go wrong. Shows the difference between our club and theirs. 

Maybe, but is that solely Ashley's fault? The fans would have you believe it. Their squad seems generally dross, i'd say they outperform themselves every year