Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Not this time - apparently contracts exchanged so unless the buyer can’t come up with the monies for completion Ashley has actually sold 

Saudi wealth fund and the rueben brothers ....... that’s some serious dosh and catapults nufc into the upper echelons of wealthy owners alongside Chelsea and Man City

Bruce to be replaced as Manager before too long I would imagine.

Newcastle fans will be unbearable.  They’re already deluded and that’s having won nothing apart from the second tier in the last 50 years. Hope it doesn’t go well.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Never understood why he’s played out of position for almost his whole career at Chelsea (minus the year they won it). Played in the right position he’s the best midfielder on this planet but played out of it he looks lost at times. Poor management. 

Managers just being to clever for their own good.

• Like 4

What makes Kante unique is his ability to turn a central two into something as airtight and productive as a three.  “Drinkwater (Pogba) in the middle, and Kante either side …”

Sarri/Lampard Chelsea are built to play 4-3-3.  Out of that formation, Jorginho and Kovacic have better passing stats, and Kante no longer gets to the left side much to recover the ball. 

He’s still been very productive, and if they sell Chelsea will obviously get much more than they paid us.  Watch them make a killing out of something Leicester fans can see as a waste.

The wealth of these Newcastle potential owners means very little whilst FFP is in place, whether that soon changes given the current economic turmoil but until then there's only so much they can do. That said Newcastle already have half decent sponsorship and revenue streams and no doubt they will increase which can increase the ability to spend on players etc. Still a bunch of neanderthals though.

Like Manchester United have been in the few seasons since Sir Alex Ferguson retired back in 2013, Newcastle do seem like a 'poisoned chalice' of a club.

Don't know how they get such high home attendances, after what they've been through under Mike (C)Ashley.

Edited by Wymsey

I can't believe Chelsea would be so quick to get rid of Kante if the rumours are true. The hype of that kid Gilmour who did really well in the last few games must have got to Lampard and if they seriously see him at this point as his successor then I'd be really worried as a Chelsea fan. 

Conte played Kante in his best position and they won a league from it with him being their best player. Then Sarri comes in and turns jorginho into a quarterback and pushes Kante further up to play as a box to box midfielder. I don't get it and for the good of Kante's career he needs to leave Chelsea. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I see Kante linked with Real Madrid. I’d love for him to go either there or Barca. So wasted at Chelsea and I still believe that in his correct position he’s the best in the world. Would be chuffed for him to play for one of the elite teams, he deserves it. Would be nice also to see an ex Leicester player at Real. X 

I agree he deserves to be on the biggest stage, but I could never be happy about anything good happening for Franco's fascist football club.  Hate Real Madrid and always will.

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

@ealingfox  you’d be amazed what billions of pounds can do ..... look at some of the wealthiest blokes in the world and their spouses .....

Not straight away though. Man City got billions of pounds and didn't bring World Class in straight away. It took 5 or so years. Lets not forget it was Mark Hughes who brought in the likes of Kompany and Zabaleta.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

As good as Kanté is, he’s never reached the heights of 15/16 and unlikely he ever will. Even the following year when he won PFA player, he wasn’t as good as he was for us. 

I can’t remember a game in the last 2/3 years since Chelsea won the league where I’ve watched them play and thought Kanté has won the game for them. 

I’m just glad we’ve got Ndidi. Would have wanted Kanté to stay for the Champions League but we’ve got the better player now so it’s all in the past. 

He should’ve stayed for one more year with us, proved his talent in the Champions League and have gone to Real Madrid or Barca then. His performances don’t merit a move to either club off of the past 2/3 years and I’d be surprised if he’s not either a Chelsea or PSG player by September.

I don't think Kante's 'entourage' have helped him at all. Some absolute horror stories came out about them last year, they sound like turds.

Bit of a long read but an example...

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

@ealingfox  you’d be amazed what billions of pounds can do ..... look at some of the wealthiest blokes in the world and their spouses .....

they will have the exact same problems everton have had ever since they got "the richest owner in the world". it's irrelevant these days because everyone has money. how much more money are they gonna pay for world class players than the top 6, who are actually good enough to attract good players anyway? 

how much do you think someone "world class", who for example is offered 300k a week and champions league football and trophies at chelsea or united etc. is going to need to be paid to play for newcastle? double that? a million a week? 

they will end up paying ludicrous sums on overhyped players just like everton, west ham and even we tried for a bit because they want to make sure everyone knows they've got money, but at the end of the day they aren't gonna sign anyone good for years. if ever. 

31 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Never knew about any of that. I kind of feel sorry for him but at the same time, you ask how does a man of that wealth and reputation get caught up in all that without others around him putting the fire out before it starts. 

Don’t sound great tho 

From what I remember, it was his hangers on that ‘encouraged’ him leave us so quickly in 2016 .....

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I don't think Kante's 'entourage' have helped him at all. Some absolute horror stories came out about them last year, they sound like turds.

Bit of a long read but an example...

Who the hell were these guys anyway?

KantesMates.JPG.ebeef174b68ff9627fd524d39e8e3524.JPG

* (not talking about Vardy, Amartey and Gray)

7 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

On the subject of Newcastle, good luck to them. Let's be honest there will be more pulling in wealthy backers, more recently weve seen Wolves stock rising with theirs. For a club like ours we remain incredibly well run, sensible strategies for players and the model is about developing as much as possible, not to always seek the end product.

Been sick of chelsea, man city dominating due to wealth. Liverpool have a slightly different model, Arsenal haven't really thrown much at it in years, spurs likewise.

City struggle for crowds in their extended stadium, Chelsea's has a large tourist following, as does united and liverpool. Least the geordies are all local, working class, passionate and fill their place even when at the bottom!

Happy to watch their new found wealth upset the establishment or blow up massively! 

They have a large tourist following because of how good they are.

Newcastle is a massive City with no big club near them. Their arch rivals are half an hour away. Everybody born in Newcastle is gonna support Newcastle. Plus they have a big nationwide fanbase.

And the whole "passionate" thing? Is this something else Sky invented? I'm pretty sure every football fan is passionate.

Edited by Fox92