Jump to content
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Manini said:

That’s another one that was reported, exactly! Why the **** would he have been there?! lol 

 

Wouldn't Capaldi have played with McCormack at Cardiff? He's a Brummie as well so doubtless lives locally, I don't think it's that odd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

 

Wouldn't Capaldi have played with McCormack at Cardiff? He's a Brummie as well so doubtless lives locally, I don't think it's that odd!

I didn’t realise that it was confirmed McCormack’s gaff was the scene of the party when I first wrote that. I still find it a bit mad that supposedly Tony Capaldi, Mason Mount, Ben Chilwell, Jack Grealish and Ross McCormack were all just sat about getting off their tits though. As a group of people that’s a rare mix (if all those were involved the other PL players have been unnamed tbf)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCormack and Grealish were teammates and mates at villa. Both appear to have the intelligence of a gnat so not surprised that they both made the decisions they did. 

 

There is currently nothing to suggest Chilly was involved and speculation about that is very unhelpful, especially if the media decided to run the suggestion.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-premier-league-coronavirus-4006177

 

This is where Leicester City finish in Premier League table under radical new plan
The football season is currently suspended due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic


ByChris WatsonDavid Byrom
20:01, 31 MAR 2020UPDATED22:46, 31 MAR 2020

A football club owner has made a fresh proposal on how to settle the season.

With professional football postponed until April 30 at the earliest due to the coronavirus, different leagues and governing bodies are locked in talks over the best way to proceed with the season.

The FA have already opted to declare divisions below the National League null and void, sparking fears that the same may happen in professional football.

That would see clubs such as Liverpool, Leeds United and Coventry City denied a chance of glory through no fault of their own.


Leicester City, meanwhile, are third in the Premier League table with nine matches to go - and chasing Champions League qualification.

In an open letter to the FA, Maidenhead United owner Peter Griffin has proposed a solution that would both end the season now and also reward teams for their successful season.

Griffin, along with CEO Jon Adams, has argued that a points-per-game ratio would be the best way to settle the season, rather than risk things dragging on during the current pandemic.

They propose that relegation should be scrapped this season, meaning that each league expands for next year.


"In times of great adversity we see football for what it is – a meaningless pastime that means everything to so many," the letter said.

"At times of crisis, leadership and decision making is the most important thing.

"We see many football clubs responding to the needs of their employees and their local communities.

"In truth, however, we are currently doing this in the dark, without clear leadership and direction from the football authorities.


"We believe that there is an overwhelming consensus amongst National League Clubs that the football season should be finished now.

"We all want to focus on what is most important - keeping everyone safe and secure, and supporting the national effort to overcome the challenge of Covid-19.

"It is now time for the FA and the Premier League to show strong leadership by accepting the current season is over and that it is not practical to hope that it could be completed at an undefined future date.

"This message needs relaying to FIFA and other bodies. Quite simply put, it is abhorrent to stick our heads in the sand and insist ‘we will finish the season at all costs’ when people are dying and the global crisis continues apace.


"The time for consistency of approach and a solution for the whole football family is now.

"So far the FA has come up with a variety of ‘solutions’ for different steps of football – voiding the season for non-league steps 3-6, no comment on the National League, and apparently everything must be completed for top level and European competitions. This must stop immediately; football needs to act as one."

The York Road chiefs then argue the best way forward is to treat every division in the football pyramid the same way by cancelling the remainder of the season and determining promotion using points per game.

The Premier League would be settled by points per game, with Liverpool champions and the European spots allocated the normal way with off-the-pitch issues, such as Manchester City's European ban, still standing.


In the Championship, points per game would be used to promote the top three teams in the division.

That would also be used in League One and League Two, although four teams would be promoted from League Two due to Bury's demise creating an extra space.

With no relegations, the duo subsequently claim that different solutions would be available if the amount of teams in each league needed to be reduced.

The letter reads: "For example, it could be achieved by relegating one additional Premier League team per season until the desired number is reached, with a knock-on effect all the way down the football pyramid.

"Alternatively, the numbers could simply stay higher.


"We believe our proposal offers a simple and realistic approach, which penalises no team but rewards the teams who have performed well during this season.

"More importantly than anything, it takes away some of ridiculous rhetoric about the need to finish the current football season and so we all focus on what is most important in this time of crisis."

Under the new plan, Leicester would finish in their current position of third, behind Liverpool and Manchester City, and ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United.

 

How the Premier League would finish
1. Liverpool 2.83 points per game

2. Man City 2.04

3. Leicester 1.83

4. Chelsea 1.66

5. Man Utd 1.55

6. Sheffield Utd 1.54

7. Wolves 1.48

8. Arsenal 1.42

9. Tottenham 1.41

 

How the Championship would finish
1. Leeds 1.92

2. West Brom 1.89

3. Fulham 1.73

 

How League One would finish
1. Coventry 1.97

2. Rotherham 1.77

3. Oxford 1.71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing all these permutations make me so thankful our title winning season wasnt this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they declared the season null and void, does the Premier League keep all the prize money it would have handed out?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

If they declared the season null and void, does the Premier League keep all the prize money it would have handed out?

It would probably go to the TV companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If they declared the season null and void, does the Premier League keep all the prize money it would have handed out?

You do realise that you’re asking a question that absolutely no one anywhere knows the answer to ??

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, st albans fox said:

You do realise that you’re asking a question that absolutely no one anywhere knows the answer to ??

Someone, somewhere obviously knows the answer to this question as it will have been discussed by now. 
When trying to work out what decisions will be made, look at who stands to gain the most out of the final decision and that will usually tell you what’s going to happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If they declared the season null and void, does the Premier League keep all the prize money it would have handed out?

Would all fines for red cards / yellow cards / disciplinary etc be refunded? Lots of questions, no easy answers for any of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-premier-league-coronavirus-4006177

 

This is where Leicester City finish in Premier League table under radical new plan
The football season is currently suspended due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic


ByChris WatsonDavid Byrom
20:01, 31 MAR 2020UPDATED22:46, 31 MAR 2020

A football club owner has made a fresh proposal on how to settle the season.

With professional football postponed until April 30 at the earliest due to the coronavirus, different leagues and governing bodies are locked in talks over the best way to proceed with the season.

The FA have already opted to declare divisions below the National League null and void, sparking fears that the same may happen in professional football.

That would see clubs such as Liverpool, Leeds United and Coventry City denied a chance of glory through no fault of their own.


Leicester City, meanwhile, are third in the Premier League table with nine matches to go - and chasing Champions League qualification.

In an open letter to the FA, Maidenhead United owner Peter Griffin has proposed a solution that would both end the season now and also reward teams for their successful season.

Griffin, along with CEO Jon Adams, has argued that a points-per-game ratio would be the best way to settle the season, rather than risk things dragging on during the current pandemic.

They propose that relegation should be scrapped this season, meaning that each league expands for next year.


"In times of great adversity we see football for what it is – a meaningless pastime that means everything to so many," the letter said.

"At times of crisis, leadership and decision making is the most important thing.

"We see many football clubs responding to the needs of their employees and their local communities.

"In truth, however, we are currently doing this in the dark, without clear leadership and direction from the football authorities.


"We believe that there is an overwhelming consensus amongst National League Clubs that the football season should be finished now.

"We all want to focus on what is most important - keeping everyone safe and secure, and supporting the national effort to overcome the challenge of Covid-19.

"It is now time for the FA and the Premier League to show strong leadership by accepting the current season is over and that it is not practical to hope that it could be completed at an undefined future date.

"This message needs relaying to FIFA and other bodies. Quite simply put, it is abhorrent to stick our heads in the sand and insist ‘we will finish the season at all costs’ when people are dying and the global crisis continues apace.


"The time for consistency of approach and a solution for the whole football family is now.

"So far the FA has come up with a variety of ‘solutions’ for different steps of football – voiding the season for non-league steps 3-6, no comment on the National League, and apparently everything must be completed for top level and European competitions. This must stop immediately; football needs to act as one."

The York Road chiefs then argue the best way forward is to treat every division in the football pyramid the same way by cancelling the remainder of the season and determining promotion using points per game.

The Premier League would be settled by points per game, with Liverpool champions and the European spots allocated the normal way with off-the-pitch issues, such as Manchester City's European ban, still standing.


In the Championship, points per game would be used to promote the top three teams in the division.

That would also be used in League One and League Two, although four teams would be promoted from League Two due to Bury's demise creating an extra space.

With no relegations, the duo subsequently claim that different solutions would be available if the amount of teams in each league needed to be reduced.

The letter reads: "For example, it could be achieved by relegating one additional Premier League team per season until the desired number is reached, with a knock-on effect all the way down the football pyramid.

"Alternatively, the numbers could simply stay higher.


"We believe our proposal offers a simple and realistic approach, which penalises no team but rewards the teams who have performed well during this season.

"More importantly than anything, it takes away some of ridiculous rhetoric about the need to finish the current football season and so we all focus on what is most important in this time of crisis."

Under the new plan, Leicester would finish in their current position of third, behind Liverpool and Manchester City, and ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United.

 

How the Premier League would finish
1. Liverpool 2.83 points per game

2. Man City 2.04

3. Leicester 1.83

4. Chelsea 1.66

5. Man Utd 1.55

6. Sheffield Utd 1.54

7. Wolves 1.48

8. Arsenal 1.42

9. Tottenham 1.41

 

How the Championship would finish
1. Leeds 1.92

2. West Brom 1.89

3. Fulham 1.73

 

How League One would finish
1. Coventry 1.97

2. Rotherham 1.77

3. Oxford 1.71

As much as I think that is a valid and sensible solution, clubs will still argue that fixtures yet to be played may be more favourable for themselves or unfavourable for rival clubs. 

 

Only 2 solutions here, either void the season for all or complete the season whenever is safest  (whether that be in June, early 2021 or summer 2021) and adapt the following season to suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-premier-league-coronavirus-4006177

 

This is where Leicester City finish in Premier League table under radical new plan
The football season is currently suspended due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic


ByChris WatsonDavid Byrom
20:01, 31 MAR 2020UPDATED22:46, 31 MAR 2020

A football club owner has made a fresh proposal on how to settle the season.

With professional football postponed until April 30 at the earliest due to the coronavirus, different leagues and governing bodies are locked in talks over the best way to proceed with the season.

The FA have already opted to declare divisions below the National League null and void, sparking fears that the same may happen in professional football.

That would see clubs such as Liverpool, Leeds United and Coventry City denied a chance of glory through no fault of their own.


Leicester City, meanwhile, are third in the Premier League table with nine matches to go - and chasing Champions League qualification.

In an open letter to the FA, Maidenhead United owner Peter Griffin has proposed a solution that would both end the season now and also reward teams for their successful season.

Griffin, along with CEO Jon Adams, has argued that a points-per-game ratio would be the best way to settle the season, rather than risk things dragging on during the current pandemic.

They propose that relegation should be scrapped this season, meaning that each league expands for next year.


"In times of great adversity we see football for what it is – a meaningless pastime that means everything to so many," the letter said.

"At times of crisis, leadership and decision making is the most important thing.

"We see many football clubs responding to the needs of their employees and their local communities.

"In truth, however, we are currently doing this in the dark, without clear leadership and direction from the football authorities.


"We believe that there is an overwhelming consensus amongst National League Clubs that the football season should be finished now.

"We all want to focus on what is most important - keeping everyone safe and secure, and supporting the national effort to overcome the challenge of Covid-19.

"It is now time for the FA and the Premier League to show strong leadership by accepting the current season is over and that it is not practical to hope that it could be completed at an undefined future date.

"This message needs relaying to FIFA and other bodies. Quite simply put, it is abhorrent to stick our heads in the sand and insist ‘we will finish the season at all costs’ when people are dying and the global crisis continues apace.


"The time for consistency of approach and a solution for the whole football family is now.

"So far the FA has come up with a variety of ‘solutions’ for different steps of football – voiding the season for non-league steps 3-6, no comment on the National League, and apparently everything must be completed for top level and European competitions. This must stop immediately; football needs to act as one."

The York Road chiefs then argue the best way forward is to treat every division in the football pyramid the same way by cancelling the remainder of the season and determining promotion using points per game.

The Premier League would be settled by points per game, with Liverpool champions and the European spots allocated the normal way with off-the-pitch issues, such as Manchester City's European ban, still standing.


In the Championship, points per game would be used to promote the top three teams in the division.

That would also be used in League One and League Two, although four teams would be promoted from League Two due to Bury's demise creating an extra space.

With no relegations, the duo subsequently claim that different solutions would be available if the amount of teams in each league needed to be reduced.

The letter reads: "For example, it could be achieved by relegating one additional Premier League team per season until the desired number is reached, with a knock-on effect all the way down the football pyramid.

"Alternatively, the numbers could simply stay higher.


"We believe our proposal offers a simple and realistic approach, which penalises no team but rewards the teams who have performed well during this season.

"More importantly than anything, it takes away some of ridiculous rhetoric about the need to finish the current football season and so we all focus on what is most important in this time of crisis."

Under the new plan, Leicester would finish in their current position of third, behind Liverpool and Manchester City, and ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United.

 

How the Premier League would finish
1. Liverpool 2.83 points per game

2. Man City 2.04

3. Leicester 1.83

4. Chelsea 1.66

5. Man Utd 1.55

6. Sheffield Utd 1.54

7. Wolves 1.48

8. Arsenal 1.42

9. Tottenham 1.41

 

How the Championship would finish
1. Leeds 1.92

2. West Brom 1.89

3. Fulham 1.73

 

How League One would finish
1. Coventry 1.97

2. Rotherham 1.77

3. Oxford 1.71

It’s alright having all these projected figures and points but you can never predict football. Not one match is ever nailed on to be a certain result, for me you’ve either got to wait and play the fixtures or cancel it. No half measures. Plus the knock on effects of no relegations just simply won’t work will it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

McCormack and Grealish were teammates and mates at villa. Both appear to have the intelligence of a gnat so not surprised that they both made the decisions they did. 

 

There is currently nothing to suggest Chilly was involved and speculation about that is very unhelpful, especially if the media decided to run the suggestion.

I’m not saying it’s impossible for Chilwell to be there but he still lives at his parents don’t he? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I’m not saying it’s impossible for Chilwell to be there but he still lives at his parents don’t he? 

This video suggests so...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tuna said:

This video suggests so...

 

 

Not for much longer if his mum is anything like mine...

 

Egg in the hair and the cream carpet? No chance, I’d be exiled. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Someone, somewhere obviously knows the answer to this question as it will have been discussed by now. 
When trying to work out what decisions will be made, look at who stands to gain the most out of the final decision and that will usually tell you what’s going to happen.

My point is that whilst it’s been discussed, I’m pretty confident that no specific reply exists as everything can be challenged legally. a consensus must be reached in the end by at least 14 of the 20. I wouldn’t expect any solid decisions for another ten days but by mid month, they have to rule out any early may restart as players won’t be fit within two weeks. I imagine they are waiting to see the infection rate begin to fall before making a call.  That probably takes us to back end may restart earliest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The question is will the 80% of furloughed staff wages be claimed back from the exchequer ......

My guess is...yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Someone, somewhere obviously knows the answer to this question as it will have been discussed by now. 
When trying to work out what decisions will be made, look at who stands to gain the most out of the final decision and that will usually tell you what’s going to happen.

Well canal plus don’t want to pay the French League their next instalment so ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The question is will the 80% of furloughed staff wages be claimed back from the exchequer ......

Exchequer = taxpayer.

 

All this money being handed out will need to be recouped one way or another through increased taxation, fair enough where and when it's really needed and there are no suitable practical or moral alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tuna said:

My guess is...yes.

Which makes them barely different to spurs ...... but Bournemouth are paying 20% of their staffs salary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tuna said:

This video suggests so...

 

 


I thought he lived on his own, maybe just self isolating with his parents so he’s not on his own? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nalis said:

Seeing all these permutations make me so thankful our title winning season wasnt this year.

I don't think I could cope. Would be too gut-wrenching. 

 

I think I'd give up for a significant amount of time if we were on the verge of winning the Premier League but that was taken from right beneath us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...