Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Where were you when we were sh!t ?.

58 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Going nuts for a late winner at Kenilworth Road, an own goal at Oakwell and equaliser at Roots Hall. Just to keep us being utterly boring shit in the championship for another season. 

Barnsley away two years running, same outcome. I was right behind the goal for Hayles' goal but right back at the top for that game with the own goal you mentioned and if I recall correctly Leeds went down the same day. I love Oakwell; great away day.

• Like 1

A lot of crap throughout 05-09 like everyone says.

The goal that the Preston goalie scored against pressman comes to mind...

Also remember thinking that’s Zsolt Laczko was going to be the saviour...

And then every week betting how quickly Danny Tiatto would get a yellow and then sent off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I was there when we beat the mighty oxford united 1-0 to stay in the then second division, we were truly shite then and still managed an average crowd of 10500!

me too, I think that's the only time I ventured onto the pitch, imagine that now, thousands of fans invading the pitch because we weren't relegated to the third division.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

I remember having a conversation with a mate about who was better out of Gareth Williams or Stephen Hughes. Would not even be arsed even contemplate now. 

I distinctly remember thinking Stephen Hughes was incredible because he did a 360

Everton away the bus broke down on the way but some kind driver of an empty bus picked us up and drove us to Liverpool so got to see the game. Had to wait in a club full of Evertonians for a replacement bus to turn up after the game.

Unfortunately we lost the game 7-1.

• Haha 1

Going to Hereford away, only to be beamed back in history somewhere in the 60ies or 70ies, fearing for the worst with all the away fans on the concrete terraces that looked as if they could crumble at any given point in time.

12 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Everton away the bus broke down on the way but some kind driver of an empty bus picked us up and drove us to Liverpool so got to see the game. Had to wait in a club full of Evertonians for a replacement bus to turn up after the game.

Unfortunately we lost the game 7-1.

Why is it when we get hammered, like proper hammered, it’s always 7-1?  Newcastle and Sheff Weds spring to mind! We are well over due giving someone a proper league smashing!

In 2008/09 in my masters course at uni there was a loads of Man U and Liverpool fans, the odd Arsenal fan...and then there was me and the Leeds fans. They were talking about tough about Chelsea, me and the Leeds were talking about Stockport County and Hereford....

I started following LCFC in the end of season 2014/15 when I learned about this EPL club that tried to pull off "the great escape", I did read about it in some random internet article.

Then I learned their nickname - "the foxes" - and man, do I love foxes! Also I love blue kits quite a lot, and their goalkeeper is Schmeichel's son! Nice!

So I was pretty happy when City secured a place in EPL.

And then the next season... let's say it was quite good.

So I don't know what you're talking about guys, you all must be wrong. Supporting LCFC is _always_ fun and not boring/shit at all. :ph34r:

• Like 4

Actually went to more games when we were shit then I do now simply because I could easily get a ticket  at the last minute . Not been to a single match since our return to the  premier league. Never miss a match though . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RussianFox said:

I started following LCFC in the end of season 2014/15 when I learned about this EPL club that tried to pull off "the great escape", I did read about it in some random internet article.

Then I learned their nickname - "the foxes" - and man, do I love foxes! Also I love blue kits quite a lot, and their goalkeeper is Schmeichel's son! Nice!

So I was pretty happy when City secured a place in EPL.

And then the next season... let's say it was quite good.

So I don't know what you're talking about guys, you all must be wrong. Supporting LCFC is _always_ fun and not boring/shit at all. :ph34r:

Boring it certainly isn't, as most fans will have chewed their nails down to their wrist at some point watching LCFC :yesyes:

32 minutes ago, woddyuk said:

Boring it certainly isn't, as most fans will have chewed their nails down to their wrist at some point watching LCFC :yesyes:

I know, because since then I learned a lot of LCFC related stuff - history, players and seasons info for, like, last 30 years, etc.

So I can imagine. :)