Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Where were you when we were sh!t ?.

Sat in a pub with my dad on this very day 11 years ago. 

Didn't have Sky so went in to town to watch it in a pub. Arsenal were playing so that was the main game. We asked them to put the Leicester game on one of the screens, which they did. 

Cue watching in (relative) excitement that we could stay up in dramatic fashion, missing several chances to scores, hearing other results filter through and our impending fate sealed. 

What a waste of a trip lol.

And earlier in that season, being in the away end at Watford, one of their players gets sent off. Great chance to capitalise and take advantage of the extra man to get a vital 3 points.

Few minutes later Darius Henderson scores lol

Think that was the time we put a lot of belief in to the two Hungarians shining for us but doing the square root of fvck all. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sat in a pub with my dad on this very day 11 years ago. 

Didn't have Sky so went in to town to watch it in a pub. Arsenal were playing so that was the main game. We asked them to put the Leicester game on one of the screens, which they did. 

Cue watching in (relative) excitement that we could stay up in dramatic fashion, missing several chances to scores, hearing other results filter through and our impending fate sealed. 

What a waste of a trip lol.

I went to that game, Stoke away. 

That header onto the post late on, was it McAuley? 

Still remember people whispering that Southampton were winning. Awful times.

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

This is following on from a conversation i had with my lad the other day. We were basically reminding each other about how shit things used to be and how far we've come in recent years. 

For example, does any remember when Craig Mackhail smith turned us down for Brighton?. What about when we were begging sunderland to sign Asamoah Gyan simply so we could sign Martyn Waghorn?. Or what about when we signed Jermaine Beckford and thinking we had a worldie on our hands. Over to you, as i'm sure there's plenty more. 

I remember sitting in my office at work refreshing my internet every couple of minutes waiting for the announcement of us signing Waghorn, was over the moon when he signed. 

Remember going to Charlton in the cup too for Dion to bang in the winner in the 90th minute. 

What a club to follow we are. 

I also remember taking my Mrs to see her first game, we won 4 nil against Wimbledon and she missed every goal because she was watching the fans.

Edited by browniefox
Last bit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I went to that game, Stoke away. 

That header onto the post late on, was it McAuley? 

Still remember people whispering that Southampton were winning. Awful times.

Can't remember mate but I do remember Hume missing a chance from inside the 6 yard box. Literally just one goal would have been enough with how other results went. 

Anyway, blessing in disguise as they say when we went down that day!

• Like 2

I remember leaving early for probably the only time ever at Charlton away in 2007 because we were so clearly not going to score. We were awful that season, I remember a game at Southend too when we had Collins John and Carl Cort up front. It was painful. I moved abroad the summer we got Nigel Pearson and missed all the rest!

Celebrating enthusiastically at Barnsley at confirming Championship survival in 2007. Of course, at the time it seemed like a big deal (only to delay it by a year) but, looking back, we shouldn't be doing that.

• Like 1

A few memories come to mind.

Watching us lose 3-0 to Shrewsbury Town away.

Leaving early in the League Cup when we were 7-0 down to Sheffield Wednesday and missing Bobby Davison’s consolation goal.

Arguing with Plymouth fans about which club had more potential when we poached Ian Holloway.

When Vichai and Top arrived a Coventry City fan tried to convince me that they had at least as good a future with their new owners - SISU.

The Nicky Maynard thread.

Being turned down by Billy Sharp.

A Forest fan stating that their new signing, Jack Hobbs, was better than Wes Morgan.

Hmmm ... I have seen some shite! 

• Haha 2

I remember the Oldham keeper being sent off at the KP after about 20 minutes or something and an outfield player going in nets back in League 1. I remember thinking we were definitely going to get at least 6 or 7.

Finished 0-0. Fryatt missed a pen and I think the outfield player may have even saved the penalty. They had the best chance of the game at the end too.

I've blocked a lot of this out so details may be hazy!

Edited by Paddy.

30 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I remember the Oldham keeper being sent off at the KP after about 20 minutes or something and an outfield player going in nets back in League 1. I remember thinking we were definitely going to get at least 6 or 7.

Finished 0-0. Fryatt missed a pen and I think the outfield player may have even saved the penalty. They had the best chance of the game at the end too.

I've blocked a lot of this out so details may be hazy!

Dean Windass in goal if I remember correctly. Vaguely remember Oldham having the delightful Lee Hughes playing in that game too. What an awful human. 

• Like 2

Standing outside the ground waiting for Milan Mandaric to come out as our new chairman to rescue us from poverty and lead us to the Premier League. lol In reality it meant we could afford to sign Mark Yeates, Luigi Glombard and Geoff Horsfield on loan.