Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Where were you when we were sh!t ?.

Remember going to a Championship away game at Hull on a Friday night in the Pleat era. They were bottom and we were 3rd from bottom. Have to confess that we left early when they made it 4-1 with a few minutes left. As we were walking out we heard another cheer -  5-1!! I believe Paul Reid then scored a very late consolation to make it 5-2. Desperate times.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Playing Rotherham at home around Christmas 2004, Rotherham had about 6 points all season going into the game and were relegated by a country mile that season.

Guess what?

Leicester 0 Rotherham 1.

I was there too. We had just hit rock bottom, cant believe i did a 240 mile round trip to watch that shocker.!

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It seemed like Burnley beat us 0-1 at home every season.

Fck me i flew over to England for my brothers wedding and us 4 brothers were at the home game against these cvnts on August 8, 2006. Fckin lost 1 nil, i was so pissed. Can't stand Burnley. Was only down hill for us after that lol

And yet here we are today not fckin shite and former EPL champions.  Life is beautiful.

• Haha 1

QPR at home in the Levein era. 1-0 down early on. Maybury straight red shortly after. Elvis Hammond scores his first ever professional goal to equalise and I go batshit. QPR go on to win with what I’m sure was a worldie winner? QPR fans kept behind after final whistle due to the high tempered game.

That was pretty low.

13 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I was there when we beat the mighty oxford united 1-0 to stay in the then second division, we were truly shite then and still managed an average crowd of 10500!

I was at that one and spent most of afternoon looking at the underside of the double decker from the the back of pen3.  Until James scored then I saw most of the floor of pen3

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Wonder whatever became of him? :ph34r:

Missing a sitter as Notts drop out the league.

Must say I felt a bit sad about that as I've alwàys had a bit of a soft spot for The Pies. 

The club who gave Juventus their strip can no longer call themselves the world's oldest league club...

8 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Remember going to a Championship away game at Hull on a Friday night in the Pleat era. They were bottom and we were 3rd from bottom. Have to confess that we left early when they made it 4-1 with a few minutes left. As we were walking out we heard another cheer -  5-1!! I believe Paul Reid then scored a very late consolation to make it 5-2. Desperate times.

Pompey away 2010

Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence did the damage with some bloke called Nugent. We had a Harsh sending off. Remember my lad went sleep after half time and we left at 5-1. The only time I've ever left a game early. Got to car and found out it was 6 

_20190505_081455.JPG

• Haha 1

West  Brom at home 1985

Losing 2-0 at half time, and playing sh*t would have been an improvement. We were shocking. Could have been 6.

On the kop in pen 3 we all sat down on the terracing at half time and no one stood back up when the game restarted.  Watched about 20mins of the second half sat on the terracing until we scored and then we stood  back up. God knows how but we managed to draw 2-2 

43 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Missing a sitter as Notts drop out the league.

Must say I felt a bit sad about that as I've alwàys had a bit of a soft spot for The Pies. 

The club who gave Juventus their strip can no longer call themselves the world's oldest league club...

He did indeed. 

The Juve thing was always my secondary go to factoid about Notts. Guess I'll have to bump it up to number one now.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, woddyuk said:

I was at that one and spent most of afternoon looking at the underside of the double decker from the the back of pen3.  Until James scored then I saw most of the floor of pen3

lol

That game was the one and only time I’ve been on the pitch.

It sums up how shit we were that I never thought we’d beat the euphoria of staying up that day. 

9 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Didn’t go to that one but can remember being quite satisfied that we’d actually managed to score twice at fortress Boothferry.

1 hour ago, woddyuk said:

Pompey away 2010

Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence did the damage with some bloke called Nugent. We had a Harsh sending off. Remember my lad went sleep after half time and we left at 5-1. The only time I've ever left a game early. Got to car and found out it was 6 

Was in Australia at the time and stayed up to watch that. Got told off for shouting at the tv at 5-1 and waking people up.

Edited by Out Foxed

In contrast to your topic I have been quite lucky actually .......

I came to London to work in April 1999 and left in October 2004.

My first couple of years was under MON ...  Marvelous time for LCFC .....enough said

My second couple of years was under Peter Taylor, Dave Bassett and Micky Adams ........ we went down (2002) - up(2003) - down(2004) so it was still quite interesting times

I left the UK just before the real dross years set in 2004 - 2009 ..... Levein, Megson, Holloway but still suffered from afar (mostly Bahrain) 

15 hours ago, Tuna said:

Playing Rotherham at home around Christmas 2004, Rotherham had about 6 points all season going into the game and were relegated by a country mile that season.

Guess what?

Leicester 0 Rotherham 1.

I was at this game and it was the worst game I had seen at the ground it was aweful had a close run tho with a game at home we won on pens in the paint trophy which was bad as well