Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Gold

Gold  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Gold

Considering what the owners have done for our club, I’m not going to argue about them wanting a bit of gold on the kit. To be honest, I actually quite like it anyway. 

Anyone moaning about a bit of gold trim needs to be thankful we don’t have Vincent Tan at the helm! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

If the worst things our owners do is plaster King Power everywhere and we have gold trim our kit, then I can live with it.

Whilst simultaneously investing in the squad, training ground, facilities and local charities...

Bastards! :angry:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Line-X said:

You sure about that?

Yeah, I am. 

14/15 was the last time I believe we had the white shorts, and since then; the crest, shirt number and the King Power logo has been the largest source of white. It's very striking in comparison to the gold trimmings. Those elements do play a part in the identity of the kit. 

Look head on in any of our kits since 15/16, and you're going to notice the white parts long before any of the golden bits.

All third party advertising of Leicester also supports the blue & white with a hint of gold set. 

We’ve had a gold trim and even a gold away shirt since way before our current owners took over.

I first started following City properly in the early 90’s - Pleat Out -

As far back as I can remember there has always been blue, white and gold.

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We’ve had a gold trim and even a gold away shirt since way before our current owners took over.

I first started following City properly in the early 90’s - Pleat Out -

As far back as I can remember there has always been blue, white and gold.

Blue, white and red back in the late 80's/early 90's 

The Scoreline and Bukta kits?

Edited by tom27111

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

502E0FDB-F519-4B03-9D8B-46B3919A83A6.png

674BCE67-297E-46DD-8032-DE72B9D806B4.png

Two gold-y yellow shirts doesn't mean it's acceptable to have it as the secondary colour on our home shirts. We've had red and green away kits before but you wouldn't want those as our secondary colour, would you?