Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Gold

Gold  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Gold

Just now, Skulking Around said:

That 12/13 kit of Chelsea was a one-off in celebration of London 2012, even Samsung got behind it.

Adding another colour because it separates from other teams is a shit idea.

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Adding another colour because it separates from other teams is a shit idea.

That's really only a consequence from the addition, not the primary reason.

I think the main concern here is that people think that the gold has taken over the white. But ever since it has been introduced, I still think most outside the club see the white as the more dominant between the two colours because more important elements of the kit are white.

It's not like we're using the 14/15 away kit as our home kit all of a sudden.

48 minutes ago, Skulking Around said:

Yeah, I am. 

14/15 was the last time I believe we had the white shorts, and since then; the crest, shirt number and the King Power logo has been the largest source of white. It's very striking in comparison to the gold trimmings. Those elements do play a part in the identity of the kit. 

Look head on in any of our kits since 15/16, and you're going to notice the white parts long before any of the golden bits.

All third party advertising of Leicester also supports the blue & white with a hint of gold set. 

You said that it has "always been a trimming to the blue and white" - and that simply isn't true.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Line-X said:

You said that it has "always been a trimming to the blue and white" - and that simply isn't true.  

Oh, I meant when it was first introduced in 13/14 I believe.

I'll have to admit it was a curious addition at the time.

Edited by Skulking Around

5 minutes ago, Skulking Around said:

Oh, I meant when it was first introduced in 13/14 I believe.

I'll have to admit it was a curious addition at the time.

Actually, no again. The 94 - 96 shirt had it - Urban Spaceman posted an image of it at the start of this thread. I loathed it back then. Also, we'd been blue shirts, shorts and socks since 92 I think, and I was very pleased to revert back to the blue and white in 1997. 

Gold shouldn't be anywhere remotely near an LCFC kit in my opinion. Looks kitsch too. Horrible.  

Blue and white. 

I can see why people oppose it - it's not traditional. However, if that's all that matters, then really, shouldn't we still play in black with a sky blue sash?

I like the gold. Gold/amber/orange has been our third colour ever since the shirt had a fox on the badge in 1946. I'm sure the owners would have added gold even if this wasn't the case, but who cares? That's just a nice coincidence.

Besides, it goes very well with royal blue. Objectively.

I feel the same about blue shorts. I know they're not traditional, but again, royal blue isn't our original kit, either. I think the blue shorts look better, we always seem to win stuff in all blue, and I think it's more unique to us.

If you're not a fan, then try to be thankful we're not doing a Cardiff. It could be a lot worse.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

We’re Blue and White and everyone knows it.

Excusing a kit colour being shoe horned in to replace another on the grounds of the Owners wish is a dangerous game.

Yes thats right it's them terrible owners we have, what have they done for us , yea just a few things and if they want a bit of gold on the kit so what. 

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

We're blue and white. Not only is it not our colour in most cases it looks shit as well.

Chelsea-FC-Home-Kit-2012-13.jpg&f=1leicester-city-19-20-home-kit-2.jpg&f=1

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

We're blue and white. Not only is it not our colour in most cases it looks shit as well.

Chelsea-FC-Home-Kit-2012-13.jpg&f=1leicester-city-19-20-home-kit-2.jpg&f=1

Love it, but that shirt ain’t fitting me in a million years, in fact I think Kyle monogue would struggle