Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

King Power wins Duty-free auction in Thailand

8 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The airport they have is enough its like having heathrow and waiting on cov and Doncaster. 

16 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Yes they are mate. I’ve been a bit of a saddo following this story for 6 months now reading everything that’s out there. 

It’s  definitely just for the Suvarnabhumi Airport, though that’s by far the biggest concession out there. 

So it's a big win for us still, but not to the scale some are suggesting? 

Cheers for clarifying

35 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Excellent News.  Congrats to Top and the Family!!

Dyche and Chris Sutton will be delighted:ph34r:

Yeah! A twin propeller Flybe bathtub into Glasgow or a feckin’ big Airbus into Thailand. Think on Chris Sutton. Think on. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So it's a big win for us still, but not to the scale some are suggesting? 

Cheers for clarifying

It’s a massive win, just not how Ian Stringer has reported it in his tweets. 

I don’t think we can underestimate the significance of this. The bump in the road for KP was always 2020 and the potential end of the concession cash cow. This now secures their revenue for a further 10 years to 2030. 

It may not change their approach to how they run our football club financially, but you can at least understand why they might be waiting with regards to further investment. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

It’s a massive win, just not how Ian Stringer has reported it in his tweets. 

I don’t think we can underestimate the significance of this. The bump in the road for KP was always 2020 and the potential end of the concession cash cow. This now secures their revenue for a further 10 years to 2030. 

It may not change their approach to how they run our football club financially, but you can at least understand why they might be waiting with regards to further investment. 

Excellent news for Top, KP and us - though I hope they use the next 10 years to secure other revenue streams just in case they don’t win it next time. Vichai did an amazing job in making sure we can stand on our own two feet - I’d love them to go all out on expanding the stadium with a memorial now.

Absolutely massive news.

Our switch to being self-sufficient financially would have certainly been with one eye on King Power potentially losing a large chunk of their revenue- we'll be in a very healthy position for player recruitment and the stadium expansion now.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

80% of the revenue is that one so highly unlikely they won't win the others.

Spending big this summer.....

Not many believe it will happen ..... posters still think the club runs like their home finances ..... check out those top six  odds before they begin to shorten .....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Excellent news for Top, KP and us - though I hope they use the next 10 years to secure other revenue streams just in case they don’t win it next time. Vichai did an amazing job in making sure we can stand on our own two feet - I’d love them to go all out on expanding the stadium with a memorial now.

Haven't they already expanded in to hotels?

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Not many believe it will happen ..... posters still think the club runs like their home finances ..... check out those top six  odds before they begin to shorten .....

I believe the finances are run well and the club is run sustainably, as the board keep saying they are, and how they keep repeating is the goal. I've not said it won't happen, or that it's impossible to happen, just that considering what's gone before I find it unlikely at this stage, for us to be spending the £80/100m net people keep talking about. I've said it would take something out of the norm for us to be able to do it and that the club have shown no willingness to do it since the championships. 

So, until I see otherwise I'm going to presume they are carrying on in that direction and will continue to base my opinions and assumptions on what has gone before, and not what some bloke on twitter said, who it turns out wasn't even the first person to say the things he's credited for being the first person to say. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I believe the finances are run well and the club is run sustainably, as the board keep saying they are, and how they keep repeating is the goal. I've not said it won't happen, or that it's impossible to happen, just that considering what's gone before I find it unlikely at this stage, for us to be spending the £80/100m net people keep talking about. I've said it would take something out of the norm for us to be able to do it and that the club have shown no willingness to do it since the championships. 

So, until I see otherwise I'm going to presume they are carrying on in that direction and will continue to base my opinions and assumptions on what has gone before, and not what some bloke on twitter said, who it turns out wasn't even the first person to say the things he's credited for being the first person to say. 

You could be right babs ..... the point I’m making is that surely it’s better to add to the v good players we already have and see where we can get to next season rather than replacing one or two and hoping we improve .... we can dispose of those assets to balance the books next summer by selling chilly and Harry if the theory doesn’t work ....