Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

King Power wins Duty-free auction in Thailand

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brilliant news for us.

If I'm reading it right reuters are saying it's only the one airport at the moment?

On June 3, AOT will announce the winner who will also operate duty-free shops at Chiang Mai, Phuket and Hat Yai airports.

https://www.reuters.com/article/airport-th-dutyfree/thai-king-power-wins-duty-free-auction-for-suvarnabhumi-airport-idUSL4N23719G

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

If I'm reading it right reuters are saying it's only the one airport at the moment?

https://www.reuters.com/article/airport-th-dutyfree/thai-king-power-wins-duty-free-auction-for-suvarnabhumi-airport-idUSL4N23719G

I read that as AOT will officially announce this on June 3rd and the winner (King Power) will operate the other airports still as well.

I’m afraid that our BBC journalist has got it slightly wrong. The announcement today is just for the suvarnabhumi airport duty free concession. 

The concessions for the other airports will be announced in June. 

The news today is highly significant though as it’s the biggest Thai airport and 80% of travel is estimated to come through here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Fantastic news for King Power and of course us by proxy. 

Top and co have worked hard to make LCFC self-reliant, presumably to protect us in case this didn't happen (as well as, you know, decent business practice), but I wonder if now that KP have a further 10 years guaranteed we might see some further investment. Either the stadium expansion, or possibly an early pay-off of the training ground loan to free up transfer funds in the immediate future.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The articles I've read definitely state they've only won 1 so far, with the others to be announced early June. 

In which case a lot of people have misinterpreted the ruling. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes they are mate. I’ve been a bit of a saddo following this story for 6 months now reading everything that’s out there. 

It’s  definitely just for the Suvarnabhumi Airport, though that’s by far the biggest concession out there. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, copunk said:

The selfish side of me is delighted for our club, however i feel more happy for top and the family, after the year theyve had this will be a massive positive for them, amazing news all round

Absolutely my thoughts too. 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The airport they have is enough its like having heathrow and waiting on cov and Doncaster.