Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

King Power wins Duty-free auction in Thailand

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You could be right babs ..... the point I’m making is that surely it’s better to add to the v good players we already have and see where we can get to next season rather than replacing one or two and hoping we improve .... we can dispose of those assets to balance the books next summer by selling chilly and Harry if the theory doesn’t work ....

Depends on the owners willingness to take risks. No guarantee what are high value assets now will be high value assets then. Also leaves you in the position of not having money to replace players next summer if it’s all used now on other positions.

15 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Also they bought air asia didnt they

15 hours ago, FoxInBlue said:

They have a stake in Thai AirAsia which is a branch of the main company I believe.

We sold the stake in air Asia back to the family we purchased it from after about a year and a half for a profit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

We sold the stake in air Asia back to the family we purchased it from after about a year and a half for a profit.

They also own some of Nok Air. I always used to fly with them over the other domestic airlines because of this :D

It’s good news for us, but I might be wrong but don’t king power have a hotel empire as well as just relying on the duty free

And a quick research they own 39 % share of Asia aviation, these are clever business men, and have bits and bobs every where, plus there personal wealth, I think we are in good hands even if they lost the contracts

Edited by Monsell1976

10 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

It’s good news for us, but I might be wrong but don’t king power have a hotel empire as well as just relying on the duty free

And a quick research they own 39 % share of Asia aviation, these are clever business men, and have bits and bobs every where, plus there personal wealth, I think we are in good hands even if they lost the contracts

They sold the shares and now have a 3.5% holding in AirAsia. 

They have investment in the Pullman hotel Bangkok and own the MahaNakhon Building as shown earlier in the thread. 

If they’d lost the duty free concession they would still be profitable as an organisation, but nothing like the 2 billion US dollar revenue per annum they have through duty-free.

Sorry to temper things but estimate are they will be making upto 40% less profit , they had to go balls deep into the margins to get the business infact the bid is based around 55-60m using the airport , they are worried about the other airports as despite being 20% of the total revenue they are 40% of the current profit owing to the cheaper and lex expensive retail floor space , let’s relax and see how this plays out , it’s good but it’s a reduction not an increase in our owners income , which is still shit loads 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Sorry to temper things but estimate are they will be making upto 40% less profit , they had to go balls deep into the margins to get the business infact the bid is based around 55-60m using the airport , they are worried about the other airports as despite being 20% of the total revenue they are 40% of the current profit owing to the cheaper and lex expensive retail floor space , let’s relax and see how this plays out , it’s good but it’s a reduction not an increase in our owners income , which is still shit loads 

Mate piss off with your facts and reality we're spending 100 million this summer and apparently people need to stop messing around and believe it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

This I think was the end game of the people handing out the tender.

There probably always was the intention of keeping king power, but making them compete for it in the way they did has adjusted the profit share.  As well as giving the illusion of a fairer bidding process to those members of the public who didnt like king powers monopoly.

• Like 4