Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 19/20

5 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Barca look a shadow of the side they used to be, Messi doesn't look to be enjoying his football at all any more.

I didn't see the match but I was surprised at the result, even if it was at the Bernabeu. Real haven't looked that good and I feel Barca still has the stronger lineup overall.

39 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I didn't see the match but I was surprised at the result, even if it was at the Bernabeu. Real haven't looked that good and I feel Barca still has the stronger lineup overall.

I wasn't impressed by either side to be honest mate, La Liga really does bore me now.

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Saarbrucken have become the first fourth division side in history to reach the German Cup semis. Beat Fortuna Dusseldorf 2-1 on pens.

It was 1-1 in normal time (Fortuna Dusseldorf initially missed a penalty at 83 minutes for the chance to equalise before sparing their blushes with a last minute equaliser). Then Saarbrucken won 7-6 on penalties. Was quite a crazy sequence, 7 penalties were missed in total out of 20 taken (8 out of 21 if you include the one in the match).

Their ground only holds just under 7,000 fans as well. I am not sure that they can play there in their semi final, surely on safety grounds they will have to move to Kaiserslautern or somewhere. Especially if Bayern are drawn out.

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It was 1-1 in normal time (Fortuna Dusseldorf initially missed a penalty at 83 minutes for the chance to equalise before sparing their blushes with a last minute equaliser). Then Saarbrucken won 7-6 on penalties. Was quite a crazy sequence, 5 penalties were missed in total out of 20 taken (6 out of 21 if you include the one in the match).

Their ground only holds just under 7,000 fans as well. I am not sure that they can play there in their semi final, surely on safety grounds they will have to move to Kaiserslautern or somewhere. Especially if Bayern are drawn out.

Ta for clarifying that.

Yeah, not sure how Cup away allocations work in Germany but Bayern would obviously take shitloads there, as well as the likes of Frankfurt if they win tonight!

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Ta for clarifying that.

Yeah, not sure how Cup away allocations work in Germany but Bayern would obviously take shitloads there, as well as the likes of Frankfurt if they win tonight!

Not 100% sure, it's normally fairly generous I think, 10-15%. Normally it would be in Saarbrucken's best interest to move to a bigger ground, especially if it is Bayern or Frankfurt (Frankfurt is a fairly local game too), because they can maximise revenue. If they are drawn the winner of Bayer 04 and Union Berlin then maybe they will stay at home if the DFB allow.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Sport in Italy cancelled for a month apparently. 

Aside from Serie A, it also puts Juve, Inter and Roma's European campaigns in jeopardy. 

Interesting to see if UEFA will force them to move any home games to neutral venues without such bans to accommodate? Can't imagine they'll want their competitions held up unless the pandemic engulfs more countries etc. We really are into a world of unknowns here.

58 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Narh they're not cancelling sport, they're saying serie a will continue behind closed doors. 

They've postponed games tonight in Coppa Italia. Guessing this weekends games go ahead?