Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

Favorite Guitarist

38 minutes ago, oakman said:

Alex Lifeson (Rush)

"Chemistry" is out there. As I said earlier in the thread...Freewill always gets a standing ovation and Alex has said that he's always bewildered and relieved whenever he gets through it. 

Regarding Randy Rhoads, I always loved the outro to fade in Tonight - '59 Plexi cranked up to 11 and howling controlled feedback in protest.  One of the most emotive solos I've ever heard. 

On 25/06/2019 at 10:39, Finnegan said:

Oh and if we're going for under rated, I'd go for a group commonly considered for their simplicity but actually packed to the rafters with ingenuity. 

Watching this guy live is, or certainly used to be, ****ing immense. 

Jack White, ladies and gentlemen. 

Also, a little low key surprised to see no mention of Matt Bellamy. Someone else that seems to have slipped out of people's consciousness since his band went a little bit easy listening. Some of the work on Origin of Symmetry and Show Bizz was just incredible and had never really been done before. 

Edit: both pretty solid pianists to boot! 

Anything Jack White touches is gold.

The Raconteurs were a great band and his album last year was absolutely bizarre in a brilliant way.

• Like 4

Best comment under this video..."A Jewish kid from northern Toronto, a son of Yugoslavian immigrants from close by and a whacked drummer from the farm culture five hours south coming together to make that shit up!! Only in Canada MF."

Absolutely nothing in rock was on this level at this period in time - hence the need for the invention of punk.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Peter Buck

Steve Jones

Larry Gott

Brian Jones

Tom DeLonge 

Lindsey Buckingham

Not the best, but they are my favourites 

Lindsey Buckingham ruined Fleetwood Mac. Great band post Buckingham & Nicks.

Frank Zappa

Jimmy Page

Jimi Hendrix

Slash

Prince

Jerry Cantrell

Brent Hinds

Vernon Reid

I have to say, I think Clapton is the most overrated guitarist on the planet. Sounds like a 16 year old noodling in his room to me. One trick pony.

Edit: Clapton is also a cvnt, but I only learnt that after forming my opinion on his guitar skills, or lack of.

Edited by Raw Dykes

• 10 months later...
20 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but this bloke seems to be a pretty good blues shovel-guitarist....

Oh yes seen him quite a bit on YT, definitely one of the finest Shovelists out there!