Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Carabao League Cup 2019/20 Thread

Harvey Elliot is going to be the most annoying player in the football league in a few years when he leaves Liverpool isn't he. 

Like a boy band Ravel Morrison, always being lauded for the potential he might have had whilst spending more time on his haircut and insta and practicing celebrations. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Harvey Elliot is going to be the most annoying player in the football league in a few years when he leaves Liverpool isn't he. 

Like a boy band Ravel Morrison, always being lauded for the potential he might have had whilst spending more time on his haircut and insta and practicing celebrations. 

I was just going to post I want Liverpool to lose for Elliot's hair alone. 

I watched him play at Murrayfield in a Liverpool v Napoli preseason game and I thought at the time he had a ton of attitude for someone who has done nowt much yet. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Don't suppose any criticism has/will be levelled at Klopp for this? A big defeat isn't gonna do much for these young players. Already retired the keeper

why would it?

They don't care about the League Cup and would prefer to go to Qatar and get some 'warm-weather training' in while they play out there. 

Given that the EFL didn't want to re-arrange this game he didn't really have a choice but to sacrifice one competition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

why would it?

They don't care about the League Cup and would prefer to go to Qatar and get some 'warm-weather training' in while they play out there. 

Given that the EFL didn't want to re-arrange this game he didn't really have a choice but to sacrifice one competition.

They could've easily stuck in at least 3 or 4 of the more experienced squad players and had enough to beat whatever teams they are facing out there

Also my point was more the effect it could have on these young players if they get whacked by 6 or 7

Edited by foxfanazer

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

They could've easily stuck in at least 3 or 4 of the more experienced squad players and had enough to beat whatever teams they are facing out there

Also my point was more rge effect it could have on these young players if they get whacked by 6 or 7

I'm not sure they care to be honest.

There's absolutely no pressure on the youngsters here and it shows with how they've played so far. If they do get thumped there's good reason for it given they're up against some experienced pros. I reckon they'd care more if they got thumped by 6/7 goals in another U23 game.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

why would it?

But to this extreme?

Surely they could put two competitive squads together with a mix of players like we did in pre season at Rotherham and Stoke. 

They could've won 5 trophies this season. 

I understand the schedule hasn't been kind to them but I feel they've handled it badly. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'm not sure they care to be honest.

There's absolutely no pressure on the youngsters here and it shows with how they've played so far. If they do get thumped there's good reason for it given they're up against some experienced pros. I reckon they'd care more if they got thumped by 6/7 goals in another U23 game.

May as well have played this side all the way through then if they knew they were gonna throw it in the quarter finals