Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Carabao League Cup 2019/20 Thread

Just now, foxfanazer said:

May as well have played this side all the way through then if they knew they were gonna throw it in the quarter finals

They did. They played this kind of side against MK Dons and a much-weakened side against Arsenal (not to same extent but it was much-changed from first-team). Arsenal were shite for not knocking them out lol 

Just now, MC Prussian said:

How is it even allowed to field a full U23 side in a cup competition? lol

Surely Liverpool must have a few leftovers in the first team that need match practice.

They have 2 games regardless in Qatar. They'll get the practice there.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Klopp is going to be unbearable tomorrow reacting to this but tbh this isn't far off the team he'd put out anyway. 

Not sure he will. I think he's said all he needs to say and vented enough frustration about it in the lead up to this. It's only if he gets specifically asked about it I'd imagine he'd respond.

Just now, StanSP said:

Not sure he will. I think he's said all he needs to say and vented enough frustration about it in the lead up to this. It's only if he gets specifically asked about it I'd imagine he'd respond.

Which he obviously will if they're gonna be whipped. Some clickbait scouse journo is going to climb up his arse asking if he feels vindicated. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

What argument does he have though? When could it be rearranged to and why should they give Liverpool preferential treatment? Sorry if I'm being dumb and missing something

Villa have been pretty shit, apart from mistakes for all the goals they've created nothing and with a bit of composure Liverpool could have had a couple themselves.

Liverpool could have probably left a couple back, maybe the likes of Lallana etc but I can understand them taking over to Qatar in car of injuries out there. I imagine Liverpool will be playing their weaker side tomorrow ahead of a full side in the final assuming they go through. 

This is the premier League and EFLs fault for not coming up with a solution. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

What argument does he have though? When could it be rearranged to and why should they give Liverpool preferential treatment? Sorry if I'm being dumb and missing something

Man Utd got preferential treatment years ago being allowed to miss the FA Cup when they played in CWC (think after 1999 CL win?)

I agree - they shouldn't get preferential treatment and it's the price to pay of success that more games will follow. 

Just now, cambridgefox said:

We knew Liverpool were going to do this ages ago due to club World Cup thingy.

im more disappointed they put this game on TV knowing this.

Yep. It’s bollocks, frankly. Nobody really wants to watch this (I know we are..but it’s this or talking to the mrs so needs must) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

We knew Liverpool were going to do this ages ago due to club World Cup thingy.

im more disappointed they put this game on TV knowing this.

This was the only match able to be played tonight. Man United, Man City and Everton all played on Sunday and teams don't play again until three days afterwards (unless it's over Christmas where it all goes out of the window, apparently).

• Thanks 1

Sod all this praising Liverpool by the pundits. 

If Villa win by seven or eight, Liverpool's young 'uns get a demoralising defeat, and are less likely to be blooded and so this hinders the development of their squad. 

It still feels a bit "pinch me" to say it like this, but Liverpool are our rivals at the top of the league, and anything that hurts them helps us. 

• Like 2