Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

If the seniors win at Villa on Tuesday, then the u21's beat Newport away in quarters, and Salford at home in semis, we will be at Wembley on Sunday 1st March 2020 (Carabao Cup Final), and Sunday 5th April 2020 (EFL Trophy Final), 2 Wembley trips in 5 weeks, Wow!

Edited by lcfcfoz
  • Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

A quick look around the forum suggests that Choudhury is now not good enough and needs to go out on loan. Chilwell and Barnes have also had the treatment lately . We have been guilty of overrating and underrating these players. One minute , he should be playing for England , the next he is never going to make it. What does that say to those in our development squad? What's the point they must think. Get this , in straight competition with the financial and big city pull of the likes of Arsenal and Man. City we are never going to attract established top players. We have to do everything we can to bring our academy players through , in spite of their financial muscle Liverpool and Man. Utd. do that. You will never have long lasting success if you don't. By the way Hamza is plenty good enough and in a straight choice with some of our other midfielders I would play him every time.

Edited by An Sionnach

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A quick look around the forum suggests that Choudhury is now not good enough and needs to go out on loan. Chilwell and Barnes have also had the treatment lately . We have been guilty of overrating and underrating these players. One minute , he should be playing for England , the next he is never going to make it.

I doubt it's the same people saying them. 

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A quick look around the forum suggests that Choudhury is now not good enough and needs to go out on loan. Chilwell and Barnes have also had the treatment lately . We have been guilty of overrating and underrating these players. One minute , he should be playing for England , the next he is never going to make it. What does that say to those in our development squad? What's the point they must think. Get this , in straight competition with the financial and big city pull of the likes of Arsenal and Man. City we are never going to attract established top players. We have to do everything we can to bring our academy players through , in spite of their financial muscle Liverpool and Man. Utd. do that. You will never have long lasting success if you don't. By the way Hamza is plenty good enough and in a straight choice with some of our other midfielders I would play him every time.

If you rely on forum opinion for players not being good enough we'd only have 5 players! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/01/2020 at 22:37, Lesta2014 said:

Had a thought other day and don’t know if ta a real thing. Do lads have clauses where their wage could jump from 1k a week to 10k once they’ve made their first team debut? Could be a reason why we haven’t used many 23s in cups this year? I of course could be talking out my arse and need to stay off football manager :P

There are definitely clauses for first team appearances -- but I doubt the club is so miserly that it would pinch pennies on that kind of pocket change. Clubs want their development squad to get senior appearances--it increases the appeal of signing for prospects and increases the value of the player in question.

On 25/01/2020 at 22:37, Lesta2014 said:

Had a thought other day and don’t know if ta a real thing. Do lads have clauses where their wage could jump from 1k a week to 10k once they’ve made their first team debut? Could be a reason why we haven’t used many 23s in cups this year? I of course could be talking out my arse and need to stay off football manager :P

Generally, the players wages are not automatically increased as a result of a first team appearance BUT they do receive sizeable one-off appearance bonuses on a match-by-match basis (if they appear before 70th minute i believe?) and win/draw match bonuses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Hopefully get some more done before the window shuts then

Hirst, Eppiah and Luke Thomas hopefully. In fact Leshabela ought to be going in to League One at a minimum and Mitch Clark impressed at Port Vale last season before we snapped him up so he ought to be going a level up from that. Muskwe is another who it's scandalous has never been on loan yet.

• Like 4

Stolarczyk (19 years old; debut at U23 level)

Daley-Campbell

Johnson (C)

Hughes

Thomas

Wright

Leshabela

T. Pennant (17 years old; First start at U23 level)

Hulme (19 years old; Signed from Bury in summer, debut for our U23s)

Shade

Reghba

Liam Loughlin on the bench (17 years old; midfielder)

Conor Tee on the bench (Was going on loan to Pirin Blagoevgrad but it seems not anymore)

Notable absentees: Clark, Ughelumba, Muskwe, Hirst, Johansson

Edited by LCFC1996
Tee loan off

11 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Stolarczyk (19 years old; debut at U23 level)

Daley-Campbell

Johnson (C)

Hughes

Thomas

Wright

Leshabela

T. Pennant (17 years old; First start at U23 level)

Hulme (19 years old; Signed from Bury in summer, debut for our U23s)

Shade

Reghba

Liam Loughlin on the bench (17 years old; midfielder)

Conor Tee on the bench (Going on loan to Pirin Blagoevgrad but their league is still on winter break until mid-Feb)

Notable absentees: Clark, Ughelumba, Muskwe, Hirst, Johansson

Very interesting lineup and absentees.

4 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Reghbas the lad signed from bohemians right? How’s he been getting on?

He's been injured a lot of the season, and with Hirst around hasn't really had much opportunity to get his form back. Still stands out how physically strong he is though for a player of his age.

Edited by rachhere
  • Like 1