Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2019-20

48 minutes ago, shailen said:

How can a team have 3 £100m players not starting for them today. One out on loan and two on the bench. They've tried to retain the Guardiola style, but they've not signed the players to retain possession. Square pegs in round holes. 

Dembele was £97m, but €105m, so only £100m player on the bench. :D

16 minutes ago, shailen said:

Greizmann was over £100m and I'm going to count Dembele haha so that's two and £105m for Coutinho who they've sent out on loan. 

I know the players were, thats why I was saying one wasn't over £100m lol

The most damning thing about that is I'm not even that surprised. I feel like that's been coming for a long time for Barcelona. Something's been up there for a while - gradual stupid decisions at the club have finally pieced together to this utter shambles. Messi should leave but I agree with whoever said - who to? I don't actually see the obvious move.

Bayern on the other hand are amazing. They really are sensational to watch going forward. I hope they win the whole thing.

9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Barcelona are an absolute joke, really needs a massive shake up off the pitch. They've fvcked up Messi's final years horribly, so sad to see.

I'd love to say he should move but is there really a club that's good enough to have him?

Bayern? :ph34r:

9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Barcelona are an absolute joke, really needs a massive shake up off the pitch. They've fvcked up Messi's final years horribly, so sad to see.

I'd love to say he should move but is there really a club that's good enough to have him?

That’s a good point.

It was so sad to see possibly the worlds best ever footballer playing in a major competition, at the twilight of his career, humiliated in such a way

The likes of Vidal and I’m afraid Busquets (however brilliant he has been) should not be playing in the same team as Messi anymore

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Reckon Man City or PSG would be the obvious destinations for a couple of years with Newell Old Boys to follow after that.

Messi in the Premier League would be joyous. 

Can't see it happening though. He'll stay in Barca but their next manager appointment is key. Setien is gone, Poch is rumoured but I think he once said he'll never go Barca because of the Espanyol connections. 

It baffles me that people obsess over Messi transfer gossip. Surely he's a one club man? Unless he wants to play in Argentina for sentimental reasons I can't see him ever moving. 

He's not gonna go to China or America or something for cash, he's not gonna want to play against Barca for another European club. He's got nothing to prove in any other league. 

I had to laugh at Rio talking last night saying he needs to leave Barca so that he can win things in the last few years he has left. What the **** is that about. He's won EVERYTHING. What more does he need to win at club level? 

They'll sack Setien, get a more appropriate manager and this will blow over. To be honest, with the right manager and one or two sensible defensive appointments they'd be right back in the mix next year. The idea that they "won't win anything for years" is a bit wildly over the top. 

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The most damning thing about that is I'm not even that surprised. I feel like that's been coming for a long time for Barcelona. Something's been up there for a while - gradual stupid decisions at the club have finally pieced together to this utter shambles. Messi should leave but I agree with whoever said - who to? I don't actually see the obvious move.

Bayern on the other hand are amazing. They really are sensational to watch going forward. I hope they win the whole thing.

They've had some spectacular exits in the past three years- 3-0 defeat at Roma (out on away goals), 4-0 at Liverpool after a 3-0 lead and then yesterday. They don't slip out quietly with a pair of 1-0 defeats over two legs.

3 hours ago, Fightforever said:

You seen all the shit barcelona fans have been getting that would be us if we went through our squad just isn't good enough.

We reached the quarters with a team that was in a relegation battle and almost pipped the finalist to the post. Even if we were battered by Bayern we wouldn't receive the same "shit" cause we aren't an elite club. 

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

33 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We reached the quarters with a team that was in a relegation battle and almost pipped the finalist to the post. Even if we were battered by Bayern we wouldn't receive the same "shit" cause we aren't an elite club. 

That team had bottle they wouldn't let that happen and if it did they would have tried their best. We would go 2 nil down and then give up nowerdays

The only time I've seen us come close to giving up like that was the Bournemouth game. Last night wasn't about bottle it was interest. There's a lot of politics going on in the Barca dressing room at the moment, the team really don't want to play for the manager. That was them just giving up on him. 

It reminded me of the Southampton game tbh. I was happy to whoop them by a record score obviously but there was a twinge of anger at the time as well because I couldn't help but sympathise with their fans. 

But fair play to RH, he's turned that around and won them back. Setien won't even get the chance for that, no way he survives that. 

If bayern win the champions league, then Barcelona will have to pay £5m to Liverpool for Coutinho winning it as the clause is player specific and not club specific. What a mess!! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8630227/amp/Barcelona-pay-Liverpool-4-5m-Coutinho-wins-Champions-League-Bayern-Munich.html

Edited by shailen
Na
  • Haha 4