Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

The Politics Thread 2019

If you ever doubted yourself. Ever thought you couldn't be the thing you dreamed of being. Well the buffoon Boris Johnson is ****ing prime minister, you can be anything you want to be.

25 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Well remain or leave, let's hope he does a good job for the sake of the country.

This is unfortunately the only positive thing we can do in this situation....

good old hope and belief - if only we'd have believed more, hoped more. 

we could have all brexited by now and been riding unicorns off into the sunset.

instead we're prioritising medicine supplies over food and mini-Trump is now our PM. 

woop.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

If you ever doubted yourself. Ever thought you couldn't be the thing you dreamed of being. Well the buffoon Boris Johnson is ****ing prime minister, you can be anything you want to be.

*As long as you're rich, attend the right educational institutions and are willing to forsake all others at all times in order to get there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am not a fan but it is what it is.

At least he appears to have some balls which is needed, he has a vision and is not afraid of upsetting a few people to get there. He has also promised a few good things like Infrastructure spending, money for schools, police and fibre broadband for every home. I just hope he has a way to pay for these things. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

55 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

*As long as you're rich, attend the right educational institutions and are willing to forsake all others at all times in order to get there.

Think you've hit on the nail that was clearly missed previously.

13 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Since when did 'having balls' become such a desirable trait for a leader in the 21st Century? This is not a dig at you, it's just something that I see crop up quite often.

Of course you need backbone and to be resilient etc to be a good leader, but this isn't war time. We don't need somebody bellowing a war cry as we ride yet another wave of the more turbulant times in recent history, we need ability, knowledge and foresight, not soundbites and heavy handed leadership. It's the cries of people who want a leader to be some sort of macho captain that got Boris and Trump ellected in the first place, plus others across South America and Europe.  

Plus, I'm not overly convinced that he does 'have balls' regardless, he will barely every admit to (countless) mistakes he's made for starters, that's hardly a characteristic of a brass or brave individual for starters. He can't even make his mind up on whether or not to have his longterm partner feature as part of his image going forward. 

It doesn't if you are a globalised economy with open borders and free trade. If you need to start saying no to the demands of others, whatever they are then you need to have some resilience - you need to be able to stand up to them in whatever form that takes. You also need to have a clear idea and vision in your own mind. I am not saying its right but for a country to stand on its own, it has to be so. This is where Teresa May failed, she tried to please everyone whilst pleasing no one and sadly she was too weak to command respect in her party.

I suppose only time will tell, it will go one of 2 ways.

I suppose my overall view is no enamoured but I hope he can win me over. I think it is mildly better than having a Corbyn Led Labour Government.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Why are all of the Tories including the line of beating Corbyn when congratulating Boris? Shows how shit scared they are of Jeremy....

because it gives them something to grasp onto now as a reason for making continually bad decisions, over and over again

it's basically saying 'jesus christ, we've somehow ended up with this idiot as our party's leader but AT LEAST JEREMY ISN'T IN!'

most tories would literally pick up and eat dog poo as long as it kept jezza out. that would mean having to share stuff and give away a tiny percentage of their amassed wealth. 

• Like 4