Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

The Politics Thread 2019

Just now, purpleronnie said:

well he cant be brushing his hair or pressing his suit.

Probably snorting a few lines in the bog for a bit of Dutch courage  

• Like 1

One good thing about Johnson being PM is that responsibility for this whole Brexit fiasco will lie exactly where it belongs. If by some miracle there isn’t too much disruption in the short term, and there is a clear consensus that there are significant benefits in the medium/longer term, he will rightly deserve the plaudits for what Sir Humphrey might describe as “bold & courageous action”. I really hope that this is the outcome, but very much doubt it.

On the other hand if things are neither much better nor much worse, then he should be held responsible for 3 years of chaos in UK politics for no good reason.

If as I suspect there is significant damage to the economy and people’s prospects in the short and the long term, then he will rightly be condemned as the single entity most responsible for the whole debacle.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

It was only going to take around 8 Tory MPs to push through a no confidence vote come October 31st.  The pool of 8 has just become significantly larger imo.

There's not a chance he brings about Brexit on Oct 31st.  Not a chance.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 2

Just now, Izzy said:

All a bit David Brent this speech.

we're dead on par with america now. a global joke led by an idiot with nothing but silly words that hold no substance.

the only saving grace is that he will **** this up, there will be a vote of no confidence and this is the final act of the conservatives imploding and essentially killing themselves off for generations to come. 

Just now, lifted*fox said:

we're dead on par with america now. a global joke led by an idiot with nothing but silly words that hold no substance.

the only saving grace is that he will **** this up, there will be a vote of no confidence and this is the final act of the conservatives imploding and essentially killing themselves off for generations to come. 

Then the Brexit Party will ride in on that wave and hammer the final nail in the coffin.

The UK is fast on track to becoming a 3rd world tax haven and it will take generations to fix the mess that all this will cause. All of this because a few privileged people didn't want to pay their fair share.

I'm usually Mr positive when it comes to most things but I've got a real sick feeling in the pit of my stomach right now.

God, what a nob his Dad is btw :rolleyes:

Is Boris as ‘dangerous’ as he’s being made out to be by a few in here? I’ve no REAL knowledge of the bloke.

Is he pro-war or what? Can people see him kicking up trouble in this regard?

5 minutes ago, Goober said:

Is Boris as ‘dangerous’ as he’s being made out to be by a few in here? I’ve no REAL knowledge of the bloke.

Is he pro-war or what? Can people see him kicking up trouble in this regard?

He's no Saddam or anything like that, of course, but he is a calculated indiviaul who styles himself on Churchill; only the result is more the dog than the leader.

He has made countless awful comments and actions, but evades any real criticism, owing to his Hugh Grant character act that certain corners of the press gobble up. He's a personality, not a politician. I sincerely think he'll buckle in the near future, but my hope is that he doesn't force through anything too disastrous in the interim. He and his cronies have thrown countless people under the bus on his way to the top and I expect he has as many, if not more, enemies than friends as a result. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Maybe, who knows...

The whole system needs changing imo. Both Labour and Conservative are no longer fit for purpose in todays society.

God knows what the answer is, but it ain't Boris Johnson. Anyone can get up and give it the big ra ra/fight them on the beaches speech but it takes more than positive words to sort this out.

the two party westminster system is totally flawed and no longer viable