Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

The Politics Thread 2019

55 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

just about sums up the hypocrisy of it all tbh. 

You wanna talk hypocricy?

“The only reason I wouldn’t visit some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump,”

“I think he’s betraying a quite stupefying ignorance that makes him frankly unfit to hold the office of president of the United States.”

“I would invite him to come and see the whole of London and take him round the city – except I wouldn’t want to expose any Londoners to any unnecessary risk of meeting Donald Trump.”

Boris Johnson 2015

Edited by Buce
  • Like 3

Let's be fair, Boris will want an election as quick as possible, he'll see Corbyn as weak just like May did. May cocked up her campaign and you must admit it's more unlikely that Boris doesn't cock up his campaign. We'll probably end up with an even more split parliament come turn of next year

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Slowly!  Housing market is crap and I need to sell.  There is a very similar thread to this on my Oz migration forum, lots of Poms debating Brexit from afar.  If anything more vitriolic from those who left decades ago.

Australian politics are much worse than British. 

Are you not in the least resentful that Brexit is undermining both the exchange rate and house prices underpinning your move to Oz?

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

One man’s Churchill is another man’s cringe.

just bluster for the thick, the whole thing

we've literally pandered to the idiots and ended up with this clown in charge doing his best Churchill war-speech impression; threatening to blame our closest allies if Brexit doesn't work out when it's our own fault.

honestly, it's a real tragedy that this country has gone this far down the rabbit hole. anyone remotely patriotic, in the true sense of the word is mortified. 

• Like 1

in the exact same way they interfere in our elections pumping money in via the likes of aaron banks, etc. 

trump, farage, johnson. all on russia's pay-roll - putin systematically destroying the west by buying out our politicians and using social media to spread false information.

not sure how some can't actually see this is happening? it's some real in broad-daylight shit. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

The buffoonery, the gaffes, the offensiveness will all take a back seat for a while, but they will be back. He can't help himself, and when he does he won't be able to duck into the shadows or bluster his way out.

did you see his 11 minute speech just now? it had all of his trademark bullshit included. it's already being torn to pieces across media. 

Hopefully he will become more firmer with the likes of Trump, North Korea and Russia than May ever was.

Need a 'no-bull*hit' approach - no tit-for-tat talk; Johnson should just try and work a way around the various problems the country faces, for the benefit of a stronger society and relations, slowly but stategically. 

To the mods.

How about a Pro Brexit thread and a against / stop Brexit thread , then pro Brexiteers wouldn't have to read all the sh#t from leavers and vice versa.

Then everyone can slap each other on the backs without things getting heated.

Simples.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Are you not in the least resentful that Brexit is undermining both the exchange rate and house prices underpinning your move to Oz?

We decided since the vote, though not connected to it.  I voted leave, and I’m positive that we would have left by now with a leave PM, and that the uncertainty  is much worse than leave.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

it's gotta be a tough pill to swallow watching brexit nosedive spectacularly into the ground tbf 

It’s very frustrating that it has been such a shitshow.  We are leaving one way of the other, so let’s work on that deal!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes... I am banking on that to compensate for the crap price I am going to get for my place.

This must be a regional thing Jon. I live in the South West and two houses near me have just sold for silly money.

Good luck with your move and sorry to hear your house will not sell for what you had hoped.