Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

The Politics Thread 2019

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It doesn't if you are a globalised economy with open borders and free trade. If you need to start saying no to the demands of others, whatever they are then you need to have some resilience - you need to be able to stand up to them in whatever form that takes. You also need to have a clear idea and vision in your own mind. I am not saying its right but for a country to stand on its own, it has to be so. This is where Teresa May failed, she tried to please everyone whilst pleasing no one and sadly she was too weak to command respect in her party.

 

I suppose only time will tell, it will go one of 2 ways.

 

I suppose my overall view is no enamoured but I hope he can win me over. I think it is mildly better than having a Corbyn Led Labour Government.

 

 

I think it's clear that the problem lies far deeper than May. Nobody can unite that mess of a party now and possibly in the forseable future, especially Boris. May didn't work because she couldn't satisfy the hard brexiteers in the party like Boris and JRM, and Boris won't work because, amongst other reasons, he won't satisfy the remainers or soft brexit voters in the party. It's an impossible job and they have just gone from one extreme to another. The delicate approach didn't work so they're bringing in Boris the bulldozer to crash (and burn) his way through. 

 

I'm not a Corbyn fan, but I'm not convinced that he would be worse than Boris, again he's just the opposite side of the spectrum. Centre politics seems to have died, or at least in the main parties anyway.

 

I think it's far too simple to suggest, as many have, that May's weakness was a significant stumbling block and Boris will have any more success than she did. In my opinion the only way Boris will get us out is with a no deal and that would be a disaster. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

To be fair keeping Jezza out is for the good of every single person in this country. The man is an absolute disaster for the economy and every single person who has a job or owns anything. 

Bang on here, jezza is a real piece of shit tbf

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Bang on here, jezza is a real piece of shit tbf

I'm not a big Corbyn fan by any means, but why is he a 'piece of shit'? And since when did being better than a piece of shit make you worthy of being PM? 

 

What a sad state of affairs. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

 

 

I'm not a Corbyn fan, but I'm not convinced that he would be worse than Boris, again he's just the opposite side of the spectrum. Centre politics seems to have died, or at least in the main parties anyway.

 

 

The economic policies of the current Labour party are an absolute car crash full stop, there are very few competent politicians on Labours front bench. For the average working person the Labour party in power at present would be a disaster, its too far left to be sustainable in the real world. Jobs and wealth would desert this country at an alarming rate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Trumps and Boris share many things in common including the view that attention to detail is rather an inconvenience 

 

B1AFFAF9-C4D0-477D-9FA0-B1868387D6DB.thumb.png.d3d32625513800517730171b50fb231e.png

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The Trumps and Boris share many things in common including the view that attention to detail is rather an inconvenience 

 

B1AFFAF9-C4D0-477D-9FA0-B1868387D6DB.thumb.png.d3d32625513800517730171b50fb231e.png

100% agree. Typos on twitter should immediately get you sent to the gulag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

It does feel like we’re overdue one. Shame really, as it was all going so well.

A war with Iran will prove to be a nightmare that will haunt the world for a long time. 

 

That part of the world is too complicated for the west to understand. Just like Iraq, it's not as cut and dry as the media would like to portray. You are not gonna overthrow the leader there and expect everything to be all right (which I doubt that was the aim of the USA and friends, they want discord there). It's a very, very, complicated place with a myriad of different views, opinions and agendas. It's gonna be a bloodbath if what happened in Iraq is repeated in Iran (and on a much bigger scale I might add). A much stronger terrorist group will rise from there, a force that would make an ISIS soldier blush, Russia would overrun the region with weapons (with the US, UK, and France..etc getting a piece of the pie). Europe will be filled with refugees and you can count on terrorists exploiting the chance to take a trip to the west. The hostility there is palpable, the two friends of the USA there (KSA and Israel) want nothing but to see Iran restrained.

 

Russia and China are watching from the shadows waiting for a war to start there. The USA and friends have been for a long time controlling the scene and directing the play. The beatstick that they have been swinging around have bloodied many heads and it won't come as a surprise if the ones with bloodied heads are holding a grudge. The way Russia is treating the countries who have less than a good impression of America and Friends is very savvy. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Look at Boris' or any tory's voting record and you'll find a real piece of shit tbh.

Not really true, and very much dependant on opinion of course.

 

I think maybe a little harsh to call any politician the above, they try their best and believe what they do is in the best interests of the country in most cases. Whether people agree is a different matter.

 

Obviously Labour believe in tax and spend which often ends in deficits when tax take reduces and or the economy crashes. Some may consider Labour at fault for the need to make reductions in spending because the money simply wasn't there. Should business and the rich be punished for the incompetence of government policy?

 

The Tories believe in low state, low tax, pro business and jobs economy to give most people the chance in getting on in life.

 

Which one is correct? Who knows but I have seen little evidence of the first one ever working. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think maybe a little harsh to call any politician the above, they try their best and believe what they do is in the best interests of the country in most cases. 

 

Incredibly naive and plenty of actual clear, factual, daylight proof to suggest the corruption is rife amongst politicians. 

 

Boris Johnson is doing what is right for Boris Johnson and Boris Johnson's Bank account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

 

You mean... Like this? 

 

https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/brexit-index/

 

I don't seem to remember all these huge corporations leaving the UK under the last UK Labour government, does anyone else? 

 

Corbyn, a monster who'd destroy the UK, yet when it comes down to it Brexit has clearly been significantly more damaging in terms of job losses, corporations leaving, our global reputation and standing, etc. 

 

There is no way, even under Corbyn's Labour the UK would have shit the bed like this. Things would have changed, a few wealthy people earning over 100k might lose a few more pennies, etc. I'm not even a fan but to be hysterically worried about Corbyn being in charge when you've got this current Conservative disaster playing out in the manner in which it is, is absolutely laughable. 

 

The whole 30bn or whatever it is ferry fiasco would have taken this countries homeless off the streets for a start. Jokes how anyone can defend this idiocy. 

I do not for 1 minute agree with Brexit. But it is what it is. That link is a little misleading in the context we currently have record employment. (I know wrong kind of jobs, zero hours, Mike Ashley Evil Rich etc)

 

It is delusional to pretend that Corbyn is anything other than a hard Brexiteer. He has to be to implement his far left policies. The EU would not accept his nationalisation plans for utilities...EVER!

 

Why did the last Labour government leave a massive deficit and ballooning national debt then? because they taxed the economy to breaking point and it failed due to their lack of bank regulation perhaps?!

 

Perhaps if Labour hadn't messed up so much last time we wouldn't have had to make cuts or tax more. Perhaps if Blair hadn't signed the Lisbon Treaty we wouldn't be leaving the EU. Perhaps Labour hadnt allowed/encouraged unlimited EU migration without the sufficient infrastructure investment required we wouldn't have had the issues we currently have with infrastructure and the 'racists' wouldn't have the cause to be racist and blame Johnny foreigner. 

 

Fact is tax take has increased under the Tories, jobs have increased to record levels under the Tories. Having a job is part of the battle for most. Actually Tax is too high and too complicated at present in my view, we currently have a bigger tax burden than I think there ever has been, its not a time to be increasing it. 

 

We are where we are.  I'm pretty sure that taxing the Evil rich, and business will lead to pretty significant job losses to the normal working person. Particularly given that Corbyn's main allies are Iran, Palestine, Russia and China, and an ardent American hater I would suspect most of the American owned companies leading a hasty retreat from the UK, that would be unquantifiably damaging. 

 

Corbyn also want to seize and nationalise utilities and properties at a rate deemed suitable by the Labour party. Those lucky enough to have a garden will see it taxed or distributed to the 'many' not the 'few'. The man is a dangerous nutter. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted that Boris will be PM. a great day for British politics. :worship: :appl:        :ph34r:

 

 

 

:whistle:  Well ten times better than that rat Corbyn.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

 

Incredibly naive and plenty of actual clear, factual, daylight proof to suggest the corruption is rife amongst politicians. 

 

Boris Johnson is doing what is right for Boris Johnson and Boris Johnson's Bank account. 

Of course Jezza never appears on any Russian or Iranian state propaganda channels for money. He is definitely not interested in filling his own bank account! 

 

Sadly the bottom line is most humans are interested primarily in their own lives and that of their family. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Delighted that Boris will be PM. a great day for British politics. :worship: :appl:        :ph34r:

 

 

 

:whistle:  Well ten times better than that rat Corbyn.

 

 

 

 

 

Youve taken the bait. The Lefty back slappers will be on you like a ton of #ricks. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Guvnor said:

Youve taken the bait. The Lefty back slappers will be on you like a ton of #ricks. ?

They are more commonly known as the Leftwaffe! :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Salisbury Fox said:

They are more commonly known as the Leftwaffe! :ph34r:

? More like Leftwafflers

That's it for today, back to the bunker.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I do not for 1 minute agree with Brexit. But it is what it is. That link is a little misleading in the context we currently have record employment. (I know wrong kind of jobs, zero hours, Mike Ashley Evil Rich etc)

 

It is delusional to pretend that Corbyn is anything other than a hard Brexiteer. He has to be to implement his far left policies. The EU would not accept his nationalisation plans for utilities...EVER!

 

Why did the last Labour government leave a massive deficit and ballooning national debt then? because they taxed the economy to breaking point and it failed due to their lack of bank regulation perhaps?!

 

Perhaps if Labour hadn't messed up so much last time we wouldn't have had to make cuts or tax more. Perhaps if Blair hadn't signed the Lisbon Treaty we wouldn't be leaving the EU. Perhaps Labour hadnt allowed/encouraged unlimited EU migration without the sufficient infrastructure investment required we wouldn't have had the issues we currently have with infrastructure and the 'racists' wouldn't have the cause to be racist and blame Johnny foreigner. 

 

Fact is tax take has increased under the Tories, jobs have increased to record levels under the Tories. Having a job is part of the battle for most. Actually Tax is too high and too complicated at present in my view, we currently have a bigger tax burden than I think there ever has been, its not a time to be increasing it. 

 

We are where we are.  I'm pretty sure that taxing the Evil rich, and business will lead to pretty significant job losses to the normal working person. Particularly given that Corbyn's main allies are Iran, Palestine, Russia and China, and an ardent American hater I would suspect most of the American owned companies leading a hasty retreat from the UK, that would be unquantifiably damaging. 

 

Corbyn also want to seize and nationalise utilities and properties at a rate deemed suitable by the Labour party. Those lucky enough to have a garden will see it taxed or distributed to the 'many' not the 'few'. The man is a dangerous nutter. 

 

Surely the point is less inane party politics but instead that the current Labour Party is nothing like the Labour Party that governed for 13 years, hence why the Corbynites denigrate pretty much anyone that served in it.

 

Whether you agree or disagree with the policies or choices of the last Labour government you can at least say they governed from a position of sense and pragmatism. Whereas Corbynism advocates purism. The denial that it's just a case of taxing the rich a bit more and investing a bit more, as Toddy (rip) used to tell us, pretends that it's Brown seeking to be in Number 10 and Darling in Number 11, rather than Corbyn and McDonnell. But as Toddy also used to tell us (it changed depending on the topic of the day) it's really about a significant departure from the current economic system which the state rather than just being more active (as Brown, Darling and Balls would have advocated to varying degrees), it seeks to control economic activity. Hence rather than just nationalising companies at their market price, companies are nationalised at a price the state says. Or rather than higher or different taxes for large companies, the state seizes 10% of them. 

 

So yeah Labour's record and choices can be debated and scrutinised but the name is pretty much the only thing that's the same about its current form and its government form. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A glorious day for history - in dozen of years, mankind will look back at Boris Johnson's time as PM and craft the term "Johnsane" in order to describe his tenure.

 

But who knows - maybe he's actually able to turn things around now. Hope usually ends up last, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'd love to hear the Democracy Police on here try and claim that an unelected PM forcing the country out on a no deal Brexit is more democratic than a second referendum now. 

 

Gwon lads, just give it a go. 

Well as Alf would tell you we voted to leave the eu. We didn't vote how to leave the eu. :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...